PDA

View Full Version : Low antral follicle count--weird cycle---please advise

Keshet
June 21st, 2013, 10:08 AM
I had only 6 follicles on my antral follicle count yesterday (5 on one side and 1 on the other). All of my labs have been very promising so far. Weirdly, I also had a very short period after only 19 days, when up until this month my period was 27-28 days like clockwork. I had a very painful ovulation the previous month on day 12. I also had taken maca for a couple of months prior and became concerned about breast soreness so stopped it this past month. Could withdrawal from maca have caused my early period? Could this weird period contribute to a low antral follicle count? My doctor thinks that I should proceed with this cycle. But, I wonder if I shouldn't wait a couple of months to see if there is just something weird going on this month. My doctor doesn't want me to wait because it would be 2-3 months before i could schedule this again. She told me to start stimming and see if more follicle grow that may be hiding. 2 years ago I had 11 follicles on my afc but they retrieved 23--although that didn't end well. Please advise!!!

Dr. Potter
June 29th, 2013, 12:55 AM
I had only 6 follicles on my antral follicle count yesterday (5 on one side and 1 on the other). All of my labs have been very promising so far. Weirdly, I also had a very short period after only 19 days, when up until this month my period was 27-28 days like clockwork. I had a very painful ovulation the previous month on day 12. I also had taken maca for a couple of months prior and became concerned about breast soreness so stopped it this past month. Could withdrawal from maca have caused my early period? Could this weird period contribute to a low antral follicle count? My doctor thinks that I should proceed with this cycle. But, I wonder if I shouldn't wait a couple of months to see if there is just something weird going on this month. My doctor doesn't want me to wait because it would be 2-3 months before i could schedule this again. She told me to start stimming and see if more follicle grow that may be hiding. 2 years ago I had 11 follicles on my afc but they retrieved 23--although that didn't end well. Please advise!!!Start stims and cancel if you have a poor response