PDA

View Full Version : Urine urine urine!!

afy
June 21st, 2013, 07:26 PM
Ok so I'm not one for believing in old wives tales but ofcourse it doesn't stop me wondering at times.
I don't know if this is true for any boy or girl mums but according to some they believe if your urine is a bright yellow or a Neon yellow colour it means its a boy.. And if its a dull/ cloudy yellowish colour it's a girl! Now I've heard and read from
Boy mums who have said they had bright yellow urine with their sons and with their girl(s) it was dullish..

I wanted to hear off you ladies, just curious lol

meeks32
June 21st, 2013, 10:35 PM
I don't think it works that way, but if it did...

I wonder if this theory has some merit in that a he-diet with lots of vitamins and supps would turn your wee very bright yellow (think, after berocca wee) due to having more excess toxins to get rid of since the body has an oversupply... where a LE diet with no vitamins or supps would be less healthy and have less excess toxins to get rid off because you need all you eat to function, therefore a dull yellow wee.

But of course how much water you drink also changes the colour so perhaps not.

I wonder anyway!

bunnywabbit
June 22nd, 2013, 01:53 AM
I'm tempted to say no, tbh. Your shade urine can have to do with the amount you've had to drink plus any medications or anything else you've ingested. There is a nutrient heavy milk based drink over here I love called Nutriment by Dunns River - every singe time I have these my urine ends up fluorescent yellow right afterwards regardless of flavour. Have had a pinkish tinge to my urine too (which really freaked me out) from eating beetroot!

afy
June 22nd, 2013, 05:50 AM
That's exactly what i was thinking surely the foods we eat make a huge difference.. But I know some ladies have been claiming that they were not big soda or juice drinkers and mainly drank water and still got Bright yellow urine with their boys!

What was the experience with you ladies?

meeks32
June 22nd, 2013, 06:50 AM
That's exactly what i was thinking surely the foods we eat make a huge difference.. But I know some ladies have been claiming that they were not big soda or juice drinkers and mainly drank water and still got Bright yellow urine with their boys!

What was the experience with you ladies?

Yeah but it's the multivitamins from the boy diet I naturally led before that made my urine bright yellow (I asked about this once at my doctors and he said its due to the body having no need for so many vitamins so if gets rid of them via the urine, so people that take multivitamins often have bright wee). I always drank water never soda and only juice one glass a day, BUT I took a multivitamin, a berocca, and ate a high nutrient health food diet with my boys (no wonder I had them!!). So I think that's why my urine was like that before.

My urine is dull and cloudy now after so long off multivitamins and on LE diet.