PDA

View Full Version : pdg for a baby girl!

Palloma
June 22nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Hello everyone!
I am a 33 year old mother of four gorgeous boys!
Me and my husband would like to try for a girl using PDG.
I live in sweden and it against the law of ethics to preform pdg/microsort or gender balance techniques.
I have been in contact with multiple clinics around the world and has decided to go to Dr Savas in Genesis clinic, cyprus .
I would love to hear more about this treatment and your experiences with it all.
I hear you have a 33% chance to conceive the first time, is this true?
kind regards palloma!

nuthinbutpink
June 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hi there and welcome! We have a big population of Genesis cyclers in the Member/Private HT forums. You need to become a Dream Member- $12 annually- to access them. There are lots of International patients there that can help. Yes, around 30% chance at Genesis. The US will give you your highest odds but it is likely more expensive. Hope you'll join us.

The Current Cyclers have Cycle Stickies where you can read how their cycles go there- there is also a Cycling at Genesis sticky in the Private forum with details about travel, etc. We have all of the Cycle Diaries(past cycles) from 2012 through today in there too.

Palloma
June 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
Thank you for your reply.
I will join the group forum/dream member so I can see how this all works.
I personally think 30% chance is a quite low chance, but I'm willing to give it a try.
Thanks again for your help.
palloma

vickyaust
June 23rd, 2013, 04:05 AM
Welcome Palloma. Personally I think 30% is terrible odds. Dr Potter in the US has 83% success per transfer. At your age it would likely only take one trip to get pregnant.
Good luck with your researching. There is so much info and people once you become a Dream Member.

Louby
June 23rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Welcome and all the best!
I have been to Dr Potter 3 times, started when i was 32 and he still hasnt gotten me pregnant. The last twice hasnt even given me a chance, every cycle has gotten worse. My pre testing wasnt bad and i conceived my boys 1st time. It is all a gamble regardless of where you go. xx

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Palloma
June 23rd, 2013, 06:44 AM
thats what I think too.
Either you get pregnant (with one or two)
or you don't.
I really think it is up to "him" up there.
And maybe he is making us understand that it is really him that is calling the shots:)
Joke aside, I am willing to give it a genuine try.
It all seams so complicated though.
I mean I live in the middle of nowhere and for me to find a private clinic seams near to impossible.. I dont mean to be all negative, I am just trying to prepare for the more practical things.
Can I get the medicine prescribed here in sweden do you think?
just to get the cost down, I thought.
I'm so happy I found you people to share the same dream as I am.
People that I have shared this with(excluding my family and husband)
seams to think it is a load of rubbish and that I should be grateful for what I already have(as if I wasn't)
palloma

matti
June 25th, 2013, 06:11 AM
I dont know much about the medicine, I am just starting the process myself. But I think you can get the medicine send to you from wherever you are cycling. Hopefully you will find a way for the meds. It´s good to be able to share your thoughts and dreams with people who understands you. Good luck on your journey:)

nuthinbutpink
June 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Ivfmeds.com

ever hopeful
June 25th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Palloma, I replied to you on another thread with more info about Genesis. Do PM me if you have any specific questions. Good luck x

Palloma
June 26th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Matti,How exiting!!
I'm going to follow your journey all the way filled with interception:)
Good lock to you!
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Palloma
June 26th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Ever hopeful, thank you!
I have read your previous threads and It seams that you have had quite the journey yourself, you are so brave and I wish that I will be as determent when I try and possible fail for the first time.
I will try and search for your reply, but I am so new to this, could you tell me where I shall look:)
Are you cycling right now?
p

Palloma
June 26th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Ivfmeds.com
i will check it out, thanks!!

desperate4blue
June 26th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hi Palloma

Im the same as u. With 3 girls I just want to try HT but so scared. Thinking of genesis even if I give it one shot! My practice nurse has offered to do the injections for me which is great as i am soooo scared of needles. Sorry do u have boys or girls only. Apparently Genesis claim 80-85% success rate if u email them which is logged by the ministry of health. Hsve u contacted them yet?

vickyaust
June 26th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Hi Palloma

Im the same as u. With 3 girls I just want to try HT but so scared. Thinking of genesis even if I give it one shot! My practice nurse has offered to do the injections for me which is great as i am soooo scared of needles. Sorry do u have boys or girls only. Apparently Genesis claim 80-85% success rate if u email them which is logged by the ministry of health. Hsve u contacted them yet?

Genesis absolutely DO NOT have an 80-85% success rate. That is a lie. Their success is lower than many other clinics and its no where near 80%.

You need to join as a dream member and do your research. You are being told lies.

Palloma
June 27th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Despreate for blue,
I have four boys, the youngest is one year old( so cute its ridicules ).
I have been in contact with genesis and were also told these numbers 80-85%.
From what I have seen even the best clinics in america cant match these numbers. Live birth at the HCR clinic with Dr Potter is 60%.
I think one in three is more realistic, but if they were to tell us this would we even bother?
Another thing that got me wondering was about the meds..
According to genesis the meds cost 800-100 euros.
And if I were to buy them im my home country it would be a lot more.
Now (all thanks to nuthinbutpink) I managed to track down what i think is the medicine they use at genesis for a fraction of the price they charge.

You will need to look for the following

1. Oral contraceptive pill such as Marvelon or Yasmin or Cilest
2. Down regulation agents such as suprefact 1mg/ml (2 x 7 ml vials) or Decapeptyl 0.1 mg/ml (prefilled injections) or depot forms such as Arvekap 3,75 mg or Decapeptyl 3,75 mg
3. Stimulation drugs such as Gonal F or Puregon or Merional or Fostimon or Menopur all work equally well
4. Ovulation triggering can be ovitrelle if Gonal F or Puregon is used for the stimulation or Choriomon if Fostimon or Merional is used .

ever hopeful
June 27th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Palloma, thanks for your PM, I'll reply separately. So glad you managed to track meds down cheaply. I certainly found that it was cheaper for me to get mine directly from Genesis, rather than in the UK through Fertility for U or similar. An example is Merional which costs 18 Euro's for 75 IU from the clinic, but £24 through Fertility2U. Also Cyclogest, which you need afterwards was £40 from a UK pharmacist (needed to get them quickly last time) and only 25 Euro's from Genesis.

Savvas doesn't tend to prescribe gonal F either. His protocol seems to be Merional and Superfact at whatever dose is appropriate, although I did use a mixture of Gonal F/merional this cycle, against his advice....

Yes, the 80% stat is just silly and totally wrong for PDG (certainly if this forum is anything to go by) - although I think he has quite a few younger fertility patients....

Desperate for Blue, the injections aren't that bad - last time I didn't think I could do them at all, and when my DH wasn't around to help, I went to a private Dr to do them for me. However, I got to Cyprus late at night on my own, so had to do them that night, which I was terrified about, but actually it was fine and this time had no probs at all.

Good luck both of you xx

chattymonkey
July 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Hi there. Since joining this site last night I have come to the conclusion (following all your wonderful posts and advice) to go to Genesis (I wish I could afford Dr Potter in Calif but I don't think that is an option). I note that Genesis' success rate seems to be around 30% on here - I am 40 years old so does that mean that it will be worse for me? Really hoping for a little princess to complete my family x

nuthinbutpink
July 3rd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Hi there. Since joining this site last night I have come to the conclusion (following all your wonderful posts and advice) to go to Genesis (I wish I could afford Dr Potter in Calif but I don't think that is an option). I note that Genesis' success rate seems to be around 30% on here - I am 40 years old so does that mean that it will be worse for me? Really hoping for a little princess to complete my family x

I don't want to get you down but at 40, it will be difficult. You can start with getting some pretesting done to assess your ovarian reserve(your doctor will order that for you and you can do it locally) and then go from there.

It has worked for people your age but most of our eggs at 40 are abnormal when you do IVF and force your body to produce multiple eggs at once instead of letting your body select the one good one for that month naturally.

Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies (http://www.sart.org) is the site for the clinics in the US that keeps up with stats. There isn't an International one. You can look at the national Live Birth Rates by age group there. Here is the link to the national summary-

https://www.sartcorsonline.com/rptCSR_PublicMultYear.aspx?ClinicPKID=0

The Percentage of Cycles resulting in Live Births is the line I look at. Those stats are mostly from infertility patients of course so you have fertility in your favor but when you do IVF for GS you potentially eliminate half of your good embryos due to gender. Some of it comes down to luck with your gender split after fertilization.

You begin with scheduling a consult with the clinic you wish to cycle with.

chattymonkey
July 3rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Hi Louby - I'm new to this and soo appreciative of all the advice and help. I'd settled on Genesis but have just 'begged' my DH to pay for us to go to Dr Potter as he has a better success rate..............having seen your post I'm now thinking stick with Genesis as as you say these things seem to be a total gamble! I wish I'd started this sooner as I'm 40 now so my odds aren't great . Hope you get the baby girl you dream of!!

chattymonkey
July 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Nuthinbutpink - thanks for you advice and the websites for research - really helpful! x

Petal
July 3rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
Good luck ladies, I hope you get your dreams :-) Genesis stats are 30% including a few no transfers.

HRC's stats quoted above at 83% are NOT including the no transfers, which I believe you still have to pay full price for (I may be wrong on that). All in all from those that have cycled the bfp's are probably more like 60%, but still the better option if you can stretch that far :-)

nuthinbutpink
July 3rd, 2013, 05:29 PM
Hi Louby - I'm new to this and soo appreciative of all the advice and help. I'd settled on Genesis but have just 'begged' my DH to pay for us to go to Dr Potter as he has a better success rate..............having seen your post I'm now thinking stick with Genesis as as you say these things seem to be a total gamble! I wish I'd started this sooner as I'm 40 now so my odds aren't great . Hope you get the baby girl you dream of!!

It is a gamble but there is a huge difference between clinics too. I tell everyone on here not to cycle with any clinic in the US(when choosing a US clinic) that has success rates below the National average according to SART.org. There is a reason clinics have good success rates and poor success rates. The lab, the protocol, the culture media used, the skill of the doctor at transfer- all of those things matter so please do not think you can compare clinics by just saying it's all random luck and it doesn't matter where you go. It does matter and our expectations should be set based upon what we choose.

nuthinbutpink
July 3rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Here is a great post from Dr Carole Wegner, our resident Embryologist that has run labs for years and her advice on your choice of clinic-

Fertility Lab Insider - Lessons learned from over fifteen years of working inside fertility labs. » Blog Archive » Finding your “Best Fit” IVF Program (http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2013/05/finding-your-best-fit-ivf-program/)

Petal
July 3rd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Chatty, if your dh agreed to hrc id go there, I don't regret my cycles at genesis but if I could afford the US that's where I would have gone, good luck :-)

nuthinbutpink
July 3rd, 2013, 05:39 PM
Petal- why not consult with SIRM and HRC and get an idea of what kind of protocol they would put you on and tell Savvas to use it. Consults are free.

chattymonkey
July 4th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Hi Petal - DH is coming round to HRC now.............I'm now panicking though as they don't appear to offer sperm sort so we could go all that way and not have any pink eggs. God, this certainly is gonna be the decision of my life!!

Petal
July 10th, 2013, 05:45 PM
NBP, would they do that? if I had a skype consult with hrc would they tell me what meds they'd put me on? id feel bad though then going somewhere else lol. Plus, I hate to have to ask Savvas to use another doctors protocol, I bet he would say no :-/

Petal
July 10th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Chatty, yeah id worry about that too but even if you only get one desired gender they will be more likely to implant than say 3 from genesis as I well know lol x