PDA

View Full Version : Stims & monitoring

Alyssasmom789
June 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Would Dr. Potter allow for me to pretest, stim and monitor locally and just go to him/HRzc for ER and transfer?

Stiming is shots and medications due to pretest results correct? :think:

Monitoring is just that monitoring and ultrasounds or whatever to see how one is reacting to stims?

Or is this just a bad idea altogether and should just do it right and do it all with Dr. Potter?

Alyssasmom789
June 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Bump :) no answer dying to know

vickyaust
June 25th, 2013, 06:14 AM
You can easily do pretesting and monitoring at home. I always arrived day HRC on day 9 of stims where Dr Potter did a scan. That's the latest you can arrive at HRC.

Alyssasmom789
June 25th, 2013, 01:25 PM
You can easily do pretesting and monitoring at home. I always arrived day HRC on day 9 of stims where Dr Potter did a scan. That's the latest you can arrive at HRC.

But if you want a fresh transfer you still have to stay at least 10 days????

vickyaust
June 25th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Yes at least 10 days. I stayed 13 nights. That allows for delays that can happen. Eg you might need to stimm a few days longer.

GT77
June 26th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I was told that I needed to stay 12 nights, but they prefer 3 nights. So they prefer 13 nights, 3 full days of bed rest after the transfer. And, yes that is for a fresh transfer. I am sure for a 5 day transfer it was a day less, but now since it's 6 days it's one day even longer!! I really wanted to go to Dr. Potter, but I just can't be away from my son for that long and taking him would be too much for me since my husband can't come for work!! Hope you can try and make it work!!

Alyssasmom789
June 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM
It's going to unbelievably hard to travel with 3 very little girls but all the clinics locally either have low success rates or are so much more expensive. I'm bummed

vickyaust
June 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM
It's going to unbelievably hard to travel with 3 very little girls but all the clinics locally either have low success rates or are so much more expensive. I'm bummed

None of HT is easy. Many here have travelled with lots of kids and from long distances. I am from Australia and know hundreds every year travel to the US.

I did it 3 times. First time with the family, second time alone, third time only with my husband. I would never have asked my family to look after my kids a year ago. But I realised that it was the only way by my third cycle as the cost and hassle of taking them was too much.

Give yourself time. You will work out a good plan for your family.

Dr. Potter
June 29th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Would Dr. Potter allow for me to pretest, stim and monitor locally and just go to him/HRzc for ER and transfer?

Stiming is shots and medications due to pretest results correct? :think:

Monitoring is just that monitoring and ultrasounds or whatever to see how one is reacting to stims?

Or is this just a bad idea altogether and should just do it right and do it all with Dr. Potter?Either way is fine. I prefer to have the last monitoring visit here but either way is fine.

Dr. Potter
June 29th, 2013, 12:53 AM
But if you want a fresh transfer you still have to stay at least 10 days????If you hit it just perfectly 8 days but it is really cutting it close with no room for error.

GT77
June 29th, 2013, 09:45 PM
What's the price of your local clinics? I can't believe Chicago doesn't have some good places!! I would assume they would!

Alyssasmom789
June 30th, 2013, 12:49 AM
I have gone back and forth with a few. There are plenty that do GS but either their rates are low (30-40% for youngest age group) or expensive $20-26k or they use RGI as their lab and they will not guarentee the gender they say 95-98% and I'm too scared to risk the money. Do you happen ti know any here ???? It would be just awesome awesome to do this locally!

GT77
June 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I do not know any, but I am not that up with IVF in general. I am doing mine in NY, if you decide to venture this way. I never heard of RGI lab, but u should find out what technology they are using for PGD.

I saw this on sart reports, dont know who they are but their numbers look good. Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. this place is higher than where I am doing it. Here is the link
https://www.sartcorsonline.com/rptCSR_PublicMultYear.aspx?ClinicPKID=2410

I have to say I am paying 20K for my cycle which includes PGD and one FET. If you are looking for the best price, Dr. Potter def has it. But, you also need to add on to his price, travel, hotel and renting a car and airfare and time of course! I wish i could go down there but I can't since I have my son. It is to hard for me to bring him and to hard to be gone.