PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone getting girls?

Kitty0911
June 23rd, 2013, 12:38 AM
I just recently found out my friend is having a girl. She is so much like me with everything! I thought for sure (and hoped) that she'd get a boy. She has high testosterone, she was gaining weight to conceive, she ate all the time, took tons of vitamins, and was doing everything to be fertile and get pregnant quick.
I hate that I was hoping that she would get a boy even though I knew she wanted a girl. I pretty much knew from the start that she was going to have a girl (didn't help that she had an early ultrasound that showed a very girly nub--which she had no clue about).
It just keeps happening. Two other girl friends have found out they are having girls (which didn't surprise me because they had very "girly" diets/lifestyles). But why did SHE get her girl? Why, when I swayed like crazy, I got another boy and she swayed boy (but didn't know) and got a girl?
I think the biggest part that is bothering me is the fact that I know when I conceive again I will end up with my third boy. I just know it. It doesn't matter what I do, I will always get boys.
I guess I'm just jealous. She wanted a girl and got one, while swaying blue. I get a boy, while wanting a girl and swaying pink.
GD is totally kicking my butt today :sad:

Adia
June 23rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Those bad GD days will start to diminish in time. I had horrid GD when I was prego with DD3 and the years that followed. Now I get over my GD pain much faster.

For example, MIL is always giving me grief about why I don't have a boy...lovely lady in that regard...:sigh:

Anywho, all 6 SILs on MIL's side had a PP except SIL#5 and me, we both had 3 girls. Well SIL#5 had an oops and went team green....she had a boy, wouldn't you know it!!

I cried and felt lousy when I found out, but mostly because I didn't want to feel that way any more. After 5 years of GD I don't want to feel gutted when I find out someone is getting a PP so effortlessly. I just want to not care.

I am proud of myself, I got over it pretty quickly this time and am not as worried about it, but that has taken time.

So be nice to yourself, try to distract yourself on those nasty GD days. Being grateful for the wonderful blessings you have always helps, doesn't always ease the ache of what we don't have, but it can't hurt.

Hang in there, many of us can relate all too well to how you feel. It gets easier with time and you have every chance in the world of having a girl! Think positive....can't hurt, might help!

Big hugs mama! Don't lose hope!

Kitty0911
June 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks Adia! I'm feeling a lot better today. :)

hotdogz&boyz
June 23rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
I am glad you feel better. Sometimes it does break my heart that someone can try so hard to get something...and the one who isn't trying at all gets exactly what they want every time. It actually frustrates me a lot. But it is a part of life. Doesn't mean we have to like it ;)

You can absolutely get a girl next time. Just because you have two boys, doesn't mean you can't have a girl next go-round!

retrolove1
June 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
I know how you are feeling. Everyone I know are having girls or what I find worse one of each. I get so jealous and find it so hard to act happy for them. I feel that they have everything and me nothing. Right now I feel fine and now I feel bad that I sometime feel that I have nothing when in fact I have two healthy gorgeous boys which I am so thankful for but at times I just feel that life is unfair.

Another thing that I have gotten into my head is that everyone is thinking that I must be desperate for a girl even total strangers that don't me. GD is a b**ch!

I truly hope that we both get the girls that we are so desperate for!! Xx

isis
June 24th, 2013, 12:14 AM
i know how you feel. whenever a friend does a gender ultrasound, i smile when they have a boy. and get all upset when they have a girl. i feel like such a jerk but i can't help it.

grace03
June 24th, 2013, 01:20 AM
i know how you feel hun, when i was pregnant with my 3rd boy 4 friends were pregnant with girls it sucked.. gd does suck as well and i am currently 15 weeks pregnant going for a private scan on thursday but have found out a couple of friends are pregnant and now think it will happen again! crappy gd :(
glad your starting to feel better and hope your gd flare ups get less and less xxx

Everyonehasgirls
June 25th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Hee hee I've been feeling like this for a long time hence my username I don't know anyone with all boys most people have pigeon pairs and the ones with the same sex have girls - I feel like I have to have another boy to keep the male population alive in my area!

outnumberedbyboys
June 26th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Oh me too. I'm in a really bad place today with gd and jealousy. My cousins just had a girl after 2 boys, this is exactly what I wanted. It's just like these people say what they want and get it. I have 3 boys and gd came like a smack in the face with ds3. I love him so so much but I'm so pathetically jealous of all those around me (which is everyone I know this year) has girls. I literally hate them and I take it personally. I had to go through fertility treatment for my first two, 3 miscarriages and yet somehow I don't get a girl?? I hate feeling like this and hate my thoughts but it takes over. I'm so sorry you are going through this as well life's so unfair at times. I also hate myself for feeling like this as I once faced the possibility I might never have any children so I feel like I don't really have a right to be jealous. I want to be genuinely happy for people :(

grace03
June 27th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Oh me too. I'm in a really bad place today with gd and jealousy. My cousins just had a girl after 2 boys, this is exactly what I wanted. It's just like these people say what they want and get it. I have 3 boys and gd came like a smack in the face with ds3. I love him so so much but I'm so pathetically jealous of all those around me (which is everyone I know this year) has girls. I literally hate them and I take it personally. I had to go through fertility treatment for my first two, 3 miscarriages and yet somehow I don't get a girl?? I hate feeling like this and hate my thoughts but it takes over. I'm so sorry you are going through this as well life's so unfair at times. I also hate myself for feeling like this as I once faced the possibility I might never have any children so I feel like I don't really have a right to be jealous. I want to be genuinely happy for people :(

I completely agree with you and get really bad jealousy when having to buy girl stuff for other people and girls b days are the worst ! I just found out today that my 4 th is a boy and I'm beyond angry at how easy it is for others :( I have to check myself when telling certain friends how I really feel about not having a daughter as some of them just want healthy kids ( one has heart condition requiring many life saving surgeries ) I feel awful about my jealousy and feel like a spoilt beat but I feel the way I feel ????
Hope it gets better for you soon xx

aftmjt
June 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I total agree I wonder why not me I'm having my 4th girl and DH has said no more, I only wanted one little blue but now ill always wonder what I'd done wrong to not get one

Charlee
June 27th, 2013, 11:20 PM
On bad GD days (like I've been having lately) I wonder sometimes why we don't all just trade! Like wouldn't that be so perfect? I've always wanted to adopt... I wish it were so simple LOL

aftmjt
June 28th, 2013, 12:44 PM
On bad GD days (like I've been having lately) I wonder sometimes why we don't all just trade! Like wouldn't that be so perfect? I've always wanted to adopt... I wish it were so simple LOL

Lol I've always thought that would be so much easier

Emily
June 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM

LOL my friend and I were due on the same day - I was having DS2 and she was having DD2. We joked about swapping at the hospital but were also a bit like ... Why not?!!!! Obviously glad I didn't now but at the time ;)

luckyfourleafclover
June 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Girls - I feel EXACTLY like this too, terrible GD - and feeling like an awful person for feeling GD too! I should feel lucky and blessed with my life.

...and my only sister is due on Aug 12th - am dreading how i will feel if she has a girl. It's her 1st baby and she doesn't care either way, although would prefer a boy! How ironic - I bet she has a girl.

I feel so guilty that I will feel jealous of my sister - who I am very close to - but i cannot help how I feel.

Such a relief that we have this site where we can be honest and see that other people feel the same way - we are not bad people for feeling GD.

isis
June 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM

I could have written this, but I have only one son. It took us 5 years to conceive him and with ART + meds and a miscarriage right before him. I am thankful I am but I am scared I will never have a daughter. And I too take it personally. Like at Gymboree the other day, I complimented a baby girl's outfit to her mom and she was like "thank you! I find that boys clothes are boring! I love having all these colors!!" I felt like she was insulting me, but I know she wasn't! It's horrible. I hate feeling this way too. I feel so guilty.

isis
June 30th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Girls - I feel EXACTLY like this too, terrible GD - and feeling like an awful person for feeling GD too! I should feel lucky and blessed with my life.

...and my only sister is due on Aug 12th - am dreading how i will feel if she has a girl. It's her 1st baby and she doesn't care either way, although would prefer a boy! How ironic - I bet she has a girl.

I feel so guilty that I will feel jealous of my sister - who I am very close to - but i cannot help how I feel.

Such a relief that we have this site where we can be honest and see that other people feel the same way - we are not bad people for feeling GD.

Yes I felt so alone and selfish in my thoughts and feelings. I am glad to have found this place too!

3littleladies
August 22nd, 2013, 12:31 AM
I know Im the opposite to you but I know how you feel cause everyone around me is having boys!!

Mumof3girls
August 22nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
LOL my friend and I were due on the same day - I was having DS2 and she was having DD2. We joked about swapping at the hospital but were also a bit like ... Why not?!!!! Obviously glad I didn't now but at the time ;)

Same my friend had her 3rd boy and I had my 3rd girl and we joked about swapping too!

3littleladies
August 22nd, 2013, 09:18 PM
I total agree I wonder why not me I'm having my 4th girl and DH has said no more, I only wanted one little blue but now ill always wonder what I'd done wrong to not get one

Hey aftmjt Im just a little confused cause you say you're having your 4th girl but in your signature there is a blue bear??

3littleladies
August 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
Yes I felt so alone and selfish in my thoughts and feelings. I am glad to have found this place too!

Gosh I feel the same way, I was contemplating whether or not to join but I feel a million times better that I did just to be able to share my feelings with women who feel the exact same way :kiss: