PDA

View Full Version : Gender selection at HRC from Australia

hope
June 23rd, 2013, 02:13 AM
Hi there,

My husband and I are looking at gender selection as we desperately want a girl (5 boys so far). I'm interested in anyone who has done this and what the cost was, flights, accommodation and everything else. I'm also wondering what happens if you are unsuccessful and don't fall pregnant? How much does a second round cost? I'm so desperate for a girl and I'm trying to weigh up trying to ska at home sway or just do the gender selection.....

Did those of you that did go to HRC did you save the full amount or borrow some of it? It's such a huge amount of $ that might take more than one go to be successful 😕

vickyaust
June 23rd, 2013, 04:14 AM
Hi Hope, welcome.
I went to HRC three times and am now pregnant with my daughter. I am unusual as most get pregnant easier. I have had infertility in the past too. HRC have an 83% success per transfer.

There is all the info you are after once you join as a dream member. It's the best $12 I have ever spent.

Personally I chose not to sway as I decided I definitely did not want any more boys. Even with my 3 cycles I believe that's cheaper than having another boy and then facing the dilemma of what to do again.

lealea79
February 25th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Hope,

I am in the same boat as you. I am in Australia and I have 3 boys.

I think I would rather bite the bullet and pay for the guaranteed option rather than naturally sway for a girl.

If only those anonymous Medical Ethics people didnt take the choice away from us and we could have it here in Australia. But it doesnt look like things are going to change here in Australia.

I just dont know where to start. There is so much information on this site it is almost impossible to know where to look!

nuthinbutpink
February 25th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Hi there. All of the IVF/PGD info is in the Member Forum. The link in my signature details the process. You must be a member to access any of it though.

There's a ton of information on clinics, current cycles happening all over and how we do it! Hope you will join us!

Determined
February 26th, 2014, 09:01 PM
I just joined last week and best $12 spent ever. I'm asking some really dumb questions as this is a really complicated serious matter. I'm from Australia and mum of 2 adorable cheeky boys. I was looking at SaRt in Thailand but looks like their success rates are lower. 83% is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinkdreamz
March 2nd, 2014, 06:06 AM
So glad I found this site!! I'm in the same boat, I have 3 beautiful boys but desperately want a daughter! As this is going to be our last I want to guarantee that it's a girl. Does Anyone know - if your fertile is it a good success rate first time or does it usually take a few attempts? I've fallen pregnant straight away each time with all my boys. I want to look at a Thai clinic only because price wise it's so much cheaper and if it doesn't take I can go back allot easier to thailand than America. My hubby wants to go to America. Has anyone had experience at both Thai and American clinics? Thanks nuthinbutpink going to check your link out now!

Pinkdreamz

nuthinbutpink
March 2nd, 2014, 06:56 AM
Natural fertility certainly helps but for the most part, we are all fertile and the success rates aren't what you think they would be.

Clinic

All of those factor in to your chance of success.

glory
March 3rd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Pink, post in the private section more people will help you out there. Good fertility is a bonus, but it is usually age that is the factor.

Girly from Perth too has been to both, and got pregnant in America.

I have the Perth girls over to my house every couple of months, I am near the hills, you are more than welcome to join us. Really wanted to hold one soon, but we have been renovating over summer and my house looks like a construction site right now!

Pinkdreamz
March 4th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Would love to! So nice to be able to talk to people that understand and are in the same boat! I feel it's quite controversial, a couple of friends that I thought would understand didn't like the idea at all. At the end of the day I know I'll be judged for doing this but I couldn't care less, as long as I can complete my family!! I know I'll regret it if I don't try :)

Pinkdreamz

Am3a
May 3rd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Ah! This is exactly the info I'm chasing too! Thanks for this thread... I'll join up as well.

SamS_TTCPink
May 3rd, 2014, 09:55 PM
I wish we had the money to go HT. I was talking to a lady the other day about how we have six boys and she said "surely there's a way you can do IVF or something and get a girl". When I told her there were no options like that in Australia she couldn't believe it. It's unbelievable that we have to look at going overseas to try.

Pinkinperth
May 17th, 2014, 09:07 AM
31 eggs- wow!

Pinkinperth
May 17th, 2014, 09:10 AM
It does make you feel upset with the country you love and are from. I was so homesick when I was there though, I was so glad to come back.

Gidgetbeach
June 15th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Sorry to interrupt the conversation but I'm also from Australia and already have 4 frozen embies from when I was 33 and I haven't got PG from swaying naturally st 38 so rather than having a pot luck transfer of my frozen embies I'm considering taking my embies to the US for HT. As a lot of the work is already done, would it be less expensive? Do all the PGD clinics in the US accept frozen embies? Any info would be fab.

nuthinbutpink
June 15th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Sorry to interrupt the conversation but I'm also from Australia and already have 4 frozen embies from when I was 33 and I haven't got PG from swaying naturally st 38 so rather than having a pot luck transfer of my frozen embies I'm considering taking my embies to the US for HT. As a lot of the work is already done, would it be less expensive? Do all the PGD clinics in the US accept frozen embies? Any info would be fab.

Clinics that do day 5 biopsy should be able to handle it! Do a free consult through here with Dr Potter. I'm sure they can do it. It would just be the PGD fee plus meds for a FET and a FET cycle.

Pinkinperth
June 16th, 2014, 09:52 AM
I've just been over there. Came back 8th May 2014. I'm not sure if they'd do that. U would have to ask. I would think they'd prefer to start from scratch.

Praying For My Princess
June 18th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Did you get your girl Pinkinperth?

Gidgetbeach
June 18th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Sorry to interject but an update on my progress too (sorry pinkinperth) but I ended up having a frozen embryo transferred here in Australia and it ended up being a pink one and I'm due in the next week.

Praying For My Princess
June 18th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Congratulations. Did you know they were implanting a girl? Whereabouts in Oz are you? Desperate for any info.
Thanks

nuthinbutpink
June 18th, 2015, 09:34 PM
You can ship them to HRC, they can thaw, test and transfer. You can use the free consult link to inquire.

Praying For My Princess
June 18th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the info! I have submitted an enquiry. How do I find a clinic in Brisbane that would be OK with this? Do you know of any?

nuthinbutpink
June 18th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Sorry to interject but an update on my progress too (sorry pinkinperth) but I ended up having a frozen embryo transferred here in Australia and it ended up being a pink one and I'm due in the next week.
Did you cycle in the US and ship a tested embryo back?

Gidgetbeach
June 19th, 2015, 12:40 AM
No it was complete pot luck but it was my second transfer after a very strange first transfer where I had a terrible case of flu, then I got a twisted bowel 48 hrs post transfer and then strange bleeding started a few days after that. I had been visualising having a girl so perhaps it was my body's way of rejecting a male embryo? I just don't know, but I felt it was a boy. The second cycle I did straight after that was a success and I always felt it would be a girl and this has been confirmed. I have heard of people paying off fertility doctors here in Australia to get their girl - one got a dwarf girl, the other a very male like girl. Sorry this isn't much help! I'm located in Perth and I've had two ivf babies due to infertility and a natural conception in between. From speaking to lots of women wanting girls, I think you need to find the right fit for you. For us, I decided HT overseas wasn't for us (despite needing ivf anyway) but if you do choose it, it may take three transfers or so. If you do a real hard core sway it might take your chances to 90% but I understand those who don't want to risk that 10%. I had a 70% chance of a boy as that's generally the boy stats with ivf. Anecdotally my ivf friends have had 2 boys and a girl and that's what I will have. So frankly I feel very lucky. Best of luck!