PDA

View Full Version : Im new - What suppliments can i take? LPD

Lauraemily84
June 25th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Hello all, im TTC #2 MY FIRST WAS A BOY AND IDEALLY WOULD LIKE A GIRL AS our family and friends are out numbered by boys, however im not heavily swaying as id be happy with either.

Can I take any supplement? I have a 10 day luteal phase I came off BCP in April so have had one full cycle with no BFP :( im concerned that my luteal phase isn't long enough to conceive , also can my partner take supplements?

at the moment im just taking cranberry supps, magnesium trying to get as much calcium as I can through milk and yogurts, drinking a lot of aspartame drinks and frequent release BD. Sorry TMI but im very dry so need to use a lube I used a small amount of YES ORGANIC lube last cycle and used rephresh on cd 8 but didn't use again as I was worried in case I kill all the sperm cells, can I use conceive plus? it took 8 months of charting and using opks to get preg with my son I really don't want it to be ages to get preg again. Also I have slightly irregular cycles I ovulate between cd17-24 so cant do cut off so im BD rite through. I had a csection with my son due to complications and have been told prob have endometriosis so I don't think im very fertile. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

BabyGirl4Me
June 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
The old IG diet pushes cranberry, magnesium, calcium and dairy products. IG seems to have produced quite a lot of opposites. If you want to use suppliments for swaying pink, here are some good essays to look at:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/521-guide-supplements-ttc-pink.html

And this essay tells you about supplements DH can take: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/523-supplements-dh.html

We really do seem to be seeing the best results for pink swayers from women who do LE diet + exercise + 1 attempt and maybe have DH take Licorice Root depending on your circumstances. Sometimes it seems like the supps stress people out and raise T levels, which hurts a pink sway. It may be best to keep it simple and keep the supplements to a minimum.

I took vitex + SP + FA + baby aspirin + fiber (chitosan) for my successful pink sway and had DH take cranberry and LR per the directions in the essay. Hope this gives you a good starting point. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2013, 02:23 PM
10 day LP is enough to get pregnant.

Also, jsut because you had a short LP after coming off BCP, doesn't mean that will continue in the future. Most of the time your body fixed itself without any help at all. People claim that B6 can lenghten LP, but in my experience, people's LP fix themself in the exact same amount of time whether they are taking b6 or not. I also think B6 sways blue so to my way of thinking, it's not worth the risk.

I would not recommend conceive plus, we believe that sways blue. Sylk or KY both sway pink but unfortunately are not going to help you conceive.

Re your BD pattern, I would advise you to start doing OPK. That way you will be able to have just one attempt which has gotten good results for us with pink. I would have one attempt at pos OPK.

I personally do not recommend the high milk intake http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html and I do not think the high intake of aspartame is safe. Stick with 2-3 servings of 12-16 oz. aspartame.

Lauraemily84
June 27th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Thank you for your replys, I have been reading so much information online about GS I really get confussed with it. So what does cranberry for DH do? I tested his semen and seems very alkaline. Can I use Rephresh as a lube? without killing all chances of get pregnant? when I conceived my son it was a one shot after ovulation so perhaps 0+12, shettles timing worked for my mum when she tried to conceive my sister but im not as fertile as she is. I have a low cervix after being preg with my son and a tilted uterus (always been that way I think) Should I start taking Vitex? I have slightly irregular cycles 29-36 days depending on when I ovulate
many thanks for your advice

BabyGirl4Me
June 27th, 2013, 12:13 PM
My DH took cranberry for my sway. It supposedly lowers pH, but pH really doesn't even sway all that much. Be careful when you give DH cranberry because it is a blood thinner. Your DH can take baby aspirin to do the same thing cranberry does to lower DH's pH, but you may want to have him check with his doctor before taking cranberry or baby aspirin as some people can't handle a blood thinner.

You can use repHresh as a lube if you need to but be aware that using things like repHresh or AciJel as a lube will dramatically decrease your odds of conceiving that month. Some pink swayers will use Sylk as a lube if you need one. It doesn't seem to decrease your odds of conception as much as using rephresh or acijel as lube.

Timing has been completely debunked as a sway tactic. Lots of ladies here are doing OPKs and having 1 BD attempt at +OPK and we're noticing a fair amount of success with just one attempt for pink.

You can take vitex as part of a sway, just be aware that it will probably make your cycles odd while you take it. I had very long cycles while on vitex. Other women have shorter than normal cycles. It all depends on how your body reacts to it.

Hope this helps you!

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Thank you for your replys, I have been reading so much information online about GS I really get confussed with it. So what does cranberry for DH do? I tested his semen and seems very alkaline. Can I use Rephresh as a lube? without killing all chances of get pregnant? when I conceived my son it was a one shot after ovulation so perhaps 0+12, shettles timing worked for my mum when she tried to conceive my sister but im not as fertile as she is. I have a low cervix after being preg with my son and a tilted uterus (always been that way I think) Should I start taking Vitex? I have slightly irregular cycles 29-36 days depending on when I ovulate
many thanks for your advice

Semen is supposed to be alkaline. Cranberry is said to lower pH, but we don't know if that's really what sways or if it's some other thing entirely.

RepHresh does sway pink, to up odds of conception use it 8,12, or even 24 hours before your attempt rather than right before.

Vitex is up to you, we haven't had the best of results with it but it does seem to help with short LP.

Timing doesn't sway, 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every day of the cycle. Tipped uterus does not sway and also does not make you less fertile, that's an old wives tale that has been debunked.

In my signature below, you will see a link to the Complete Index. (it's not clickable, you have to actually cut and paste it into your browser bar) and in that, you can go topic by topic for full explanations of your question.