PDA

View Full Version : Aspire calorie burning drink

stephk
June 26th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Hi all

I have just come across a drink called Aspire which is supposed to help burn calories (may only be available in the UK, I am not sure). Sounds too good to be true, however.....if it is true, could this help a girl sway or would the minerals in it sway blue? (As a side note, as one can contains the same caffeine as a cup of coffee it might be best not to drink it in the 2WW, or at least limit it in the 2WW). Personally, I still havent decided when to start a sway. I am just doing my research at the moment whilst still on BCP (and DS naps!). Once I have an idea of when I want to go for it, I will hopefully know enough and may even purchase the meal plans in an attempt to keep testosterone levels down and not obsess over details!!

Some info from the site:

It really works
Our goal was to create a great tasting soft drink that could genuinely burn calories. It has taken years of development to create our specially formulated recipe that can achieve this.

Aspire contains a combination of the following good for you ingredients:

Guarana Extract
Green Tea Extract
L - Carnitine
It is suggested that these ingredients can assist in raising the bodies metabolism, suppresing appetite, accelerating weight loss and potentially play a vital role in the oxidisation of fat and aid in the weight loss process.

Scientific Proof:
The study was undertaken by the Carnegie Centre laboratory at Leeds Metropolitan University.

The laboratory utilised a selection of participants - men and women of varying ages and lifestyles to test the calorie burning effect.

This test group were studied at resting state so we could achieve a result that represented the amount of calories Aspire burnt without any exercise.

“Trials showed that the participants who drank one can burnt an average of 209 calories. We attribute this energy expenditure to its thermogenic effects. With only 75mg of caffeine, the same as a standard cup of coffee, Aspire is proven not to increase the heart rate or adversely affect one’s health.”

The website is here for further info: About Aspire • Aspire Drinks (http://aspiredrinks.co.uk/about-aspire)

Would be interested in anyones thoughts on it.

Dreamofpink
June 26th, 2013, 06:08 AM
I don't think it would be good for a pink sway due to the green tea etc. I'm sure Atomic will know best though. Diet fizzy pop is very good :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

stephk
June 26th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Thank you :)

Yes I have wondered about the green tea and minerals (I conceived DS when taking green tea supplements). I normally hate fizzy drinks, especially the diet variety but this one sounded quite nice! Probably quite expensive though. I normally just drink lots of water.

BabyGirl4Me
June 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Wow, this stuff looks interesting! Personally, with the green tea and extra supplements in it, I'd steer clear of it for a pink sway. Neat stuff though. Good luck with your sway.

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Nope! No green tea or L-carnitine for a girl, those sway blue (and L-carnitine may interfere with ovulation), and guarana may not be safe prior to pregnancy

stephk
June 28th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Thanks guys - maybe one to save for post pregnancy and post breast feeding :)

atomic sagebrush
June 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Yes! RE the breastfeeding, just a heads up that it's not a good idea to use l-carnitine when BF either (I know you weren't planning to but just for others who may wonder)