PDA

View Full Version : Meds Costs

stellanneedsasis
May 4th, 2011, 04:22 PM
What is an average cost of meds per cycle? I am still looking into Dr's and trying to come up with a financial plan...just not sure what to plug in for meds?

I know it can vary but what have you ladies spent?

nuthinbutpink
May 4th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Depends on your pretesting. If you have good testing and you are relatively youngish, it could be around $2000 all in. If you have poor pretesting, it could really push the numbers up there if you need lots of stimulating meds. Gonal F is either $50 per day for the lowest dose or could be $300 per day(for 10-12 days) if you need a lot like I did. I also had repronex, lupron, PIO, estrace, antibiotic, medrol and the HCG shot. Presting and protocol will determine that. Do you have prescription drug coverage?

TRL
May 6th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I just payed $4600. They are very expensive and insurance doesn't cover most of it.

Tiny Dancer
May 6th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Mine was going to be $5k out of pocket but thank God my insurance covered most and I just paid $480. I had to call my insurance and deal with several pharmacies and the nurse. It was quite the ordeal but totally worth it. I hope yours will be covered.