PDA

View Full Version : Does anterior mean girl and posterior boy??

afy
June 28th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I seen quite abit of ladies on IG and other forums who mentioned that there DS were from posterior facing placenta and the DDs were from anterior position of the placenta..

Now I don't know if its an old wives tale or how much truth there is, what about you ladies?? Any difference of gender

mommymachine
June 28th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Only Ds3 placenta was in the front. Everyone else's was in the back or on the side.

Mrs_P
June 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM
no left or right for placenta location might mean something as it can indicate where baby implanted but anterior and posterior has no bearing on gender. This little lady is posterior, so was one of my boys, the other was anterior and i have no idea with the one

dloui128
June 28th, 2013, 06:58 PM
My DD1 and DS were posterior and DD2 was anterior

myrainbowgirl
June 28th, 2013, 07:04 PM
My DS2 was anterior, so don't think this means anything.

hotdogz&boyz
June 28th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Doesn't mean anything. Except perhaps which way your uterus tilts.

All three of my children have been anterior (front) placentas. I have two boys and a girl.

6bluewant1pink
June 28th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Mine is left anterior it's a boy!

sbowman
June 29th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Nope. My first was anterior, boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlee
June 29th, 2013, 03:28 PM
DS1 and 2 were posterior and this pregnancy (DS3) is anterior so I don't think you can take much from it.

iwonder
July 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM
My two boys were posterior. Not sure about this one yet.

sugarNspice
July 28th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Both of my :DD:s were posterior, as was the :DD: that I lost at 18 weeks. I'm not sure about the placenta location with any other pregnancies. Both of my :DD:s were also low-lying (ie implanted very close to the cervix). I don't think it means anything.

Kidsx7
August 22nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
My last 3 have been anterior. One girl, one boy & gender still unknown for this baby :)

Mrsandmama
January 11th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Both of my boys were anterior!

Nahri
February 18th, 2014, 07:02 AM
there has been some research on the side the placenta is on for right being male left being female with some pretty decent results

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2014, 11:52 AM
At least one of my boys was anterior and so not true for me.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
February 18th, 2014, 12:52 PM
My last pregnancy, a boy, was anterior. And a lot of ladies in our due date group had boys and were anterior also. So not true for us.

Zivic-Bubac
July 15th, 2014, 08:15 AM
My 3 girls all had anterior placenta.
DD1 was anterior left, I don't know the side for DD2 and DD3, only that it was anterior.
Here was a thread about it, and answers were that anterior is more common in girls, posterior in boys.

Mrsandmama
July 15th, 2014, 10:24 AM
I just wanted to add- this bub is all posterior and IT'S A GIRL! I just had to giggle when I found out since the boys were in the front and she wanted an unused wall all to herself. I should have known early on that she was a she- typical girls wanting their own, unused things.

Mrs_Incredible
July 16th, 2014, 04:04 AM
My ig opposite ds3 was anterior as is this pg which is a girl. 2 of my ig friends had boys with anterior placentas too x
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

blueeyedguys
July 16th, 2014, 05:37 AM
My eldest had an anterior placenta, other 3 boys had posterior.

Pretty sure it has more to do with sleeping position around implantation, tummy sleepers tend to have more anterior placentas, back sleepers tend to have more posterior.

I slept on my side leaning forward with ds1 & deliberately slept leaning back with the other 3 (& for all the losses) so anecdotally worked for me.

Mrs_Incredible
July 16th, 2014, 06:13 AM
I'm a side/tummy sleeper! X
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

coocoobananas
July 16th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Oh man!!! I caused all my anteriors!!? Bummer! If only I knew!!!
Not like I could have changed it this time since I got pregnant accidentally but last time for sure I could have tried to get a posterior lol!
I had 1 boy posterior and have 2 boys, 1 girl anterior!! Tummy sleeper for sure! I even try to get as close to tummy sleeping as I can with this one
With pillows piled up etc!!

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I personally do not want you guys obsessing over sleeping positions for ANY reason when TTC. I don't think they sway and I doubt they have much to do with where baby implants. Remember, you're upright all day long (much longer than you are sleeping) and if that was the case then all babies would be placenta previa due to the force of gravity.

Mrsandmama
July 17th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I personally do not want you guys obsessing over sleeping positions for ANY reason when TTC. I don't think they sway and I doubt they have much to do with where baby implants. Remember, you're upright all day long (much longer than you are sleeping) and if that was the case then all babies would be placenta previa due to the force of gravity.

So true, and to add, I have a severaly tilted uterus. I'm assuming this is probably why my baby girl's placenta is posterior- gravity made the egg fall towards the back!

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I also have a severely tilted uterus and have at least two anterior placentas. The idea that gravity is causing our babies to implant in a certain spot is not supported by facts, if it were then we'd all have placenta previas with every pregnancy.