PDA

View Full Version : So scared of my 20 week scan

katewantsagirl
June 29th, 2013, 06:06 AM
I'm 13.2weeks and have had 100% girl nub guesses from my 12.4 (measuring 12.2) but I am getting bad anxiety and just freaking out I'm having my third boy. Of course I will be happy with another sweet boy but I just want a girl to complete our family so there's no what ifs. :(. I just need need to prepare and be pleasantly surprised if its my girl. Ugh

cape grace
June 29th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Hi. I am feeling very similar! I had a scan at 11 weeks but got no photo and could see no nub or bumps to report on so i find myself looking at pics on the net to compare!! Driving myself mad! The fear i feel sometimes is actually overwhelming and for the most part my feelings are negative and thats just not even my personality!! I am not finding out at 20 weeks as feel i would not cope well if i hear boy...need to prolong it as long as i can and get my head in a better space. Please...dont misunderstand...i love my two boys more than i can say but i honestly believe life without a daughter is a much more lonely journey and you miss out on that companionship that the mother-daughter relationship brings.
Everywhere i go i see mums with their girls...it makes me so sad sometimes and i feel the loss already!! I have had two dreams of having a girl but one of a boy so of course because i am feeling so negative i focus on the boy one :-(
I am so grateful having this forum to talk and swayed for a long time before getting pregnant on this baby..it was tough and i was very thin...i would do it forever if i could just get a girl!! It would be worth it :-)
Best of luck to you and i think its a super good sign you got all girl guesses- it seems these guesses are quite accurate!
Xxx

nuthinbutpink
June 29th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Good luck to you!

Huds
June 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Kate u got nothing to worry about.. I bet thats a girl ur baking!!! Goodluck

katewantsagirl
June 29th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks girls, i think im gonna have some time out from the inet to avoid obsessing x capegrace i hope you get your girl xx

1+2+3boys
June 29th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Hi. I am feeling very similar! I had a scan at 11 weeks but got no photo and could see no nub or bumps to report on so i find myself looking at pics on the net to compare!! Driving myself mad! The fear i feel sometimes is actually overwhelming and for the most part my feelings are negative and thats just not even my personality!! I am not finding out at 20 weeks as feel i would not cope well if i hear boy...need to prolong it as long as i can and get my head in a better space. Please...dont misunderstand...i love my two boys more than i can say but i honestly believe life without a daughter is a much more lonely journey and you miss out on that companionship that the mother-daughter relationship brings.
Everywhere i go i see mums with their girls...it makes me so sad sometimes and i feel the loss already!! I have had two dreams of having a girl but one of a boy so of course because i am feeling so negative i focus on the boy one :-(
I am so grateful having this forum to talk and swayed for a long time before getting pregnant on this baby..it was tough and i was very thin...i would do it forever if i could just get a girl!! It would be worth it :-)
Best of luck to you and i think its a super good sign you got all girl guesses- it seems these guesses are quite accurate!
Xxx

What a great way of describing it! Life without a daughter would be alot more lonely journey xoxo. One of the deep reasons I really want one. Some in the family in which we 'get' eachother.

Goodluck to you Kate

katewantsagirl
June 29th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Huds are we due the same day?? Jan 2nd??

Huds
June 30th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Huds are we due the same day?? Jan 2nd??

They changed mine to the 7th jan now. Feels like years away!

katewantsagirl
June 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM
So funny they changed me to then too but i changed myself back!