PDA

View Full Version : shettles

gizmo77
May 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM
according IG shettles was proved wrong...is this still what ppl think on here?
so X and Y sperm swim the same rate and live the same length of time (or they are similar at least)?

purplepoet20
May 5th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Every website and person who is/has swayed has their opinion on all the different methods... I am doing Shettles for a girl because I don't trust the O+12 method.

In my opinion shettles for a boy would be good. No matter if they swin faster or slower... It is the other things that would help to sway as well. The right ph, supps, herbs, vita, and diet will help the boy sperm to get to the egg faster. Timing at O is just better for a boy.

DoulaMama
May 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Well I've had 3 successful Shettles attempts :) not that we were actually trying for a boy but with every one of them I had O pain and the we did the deed with most likely a 3+ day abstinence before hand. We only DTD once.

I'm hoping for a Shettles success for the fourth as well.....after having three O babies...this one will definitely be a cut-off baby;)

Mykids
May 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I got my lovely cute girl (Was trying for a boy) after trying Shettles.

Flava
May 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
so X and Y sperm swim the same rate and live the same length of time (or they are similar at least)?

yes all this

I did Shettles for a boy and got DD3...I believe if you get what you want with Shettles is just luck. But it's just what I think others may say different of course.

daisyfay311
May 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I think that whether you believe in Shettles or not, that diet and things like supplements just matter a lot more.

My dd was conceived three days before O so Shettles was true for us---but I also never ate breakfast, consumed a lot of dairy and sugar, etc. So who's to know?

gizmo77
May 5th, 2011, 02:03 PM
thx everyone, for me too shettles seemed to work..not that i knew what i was doing..but defly BD'd way before i actually O'd up until there was no more ewcm ("confirmed O") and got my 2 princesses.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Shettles has been 100% debunked on that. Here is the essay I wrote about it. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1562-What-are-the-REAL-differences-between-X-sperm-and-Y-sperm He mistook capacitated and uncapacitated sperm for X and Y, there is only a miniscule diff. in size between the two and they both seem to live the same length of time.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Oh and I should point out that just because Shettles was wrong, it doesn't mean that Shettles timing doesn't sway necessarily, just that it's nowhere near as successful as he claimed and it isn't at all for the reasons he said (and this also debunks pH too, BTW.) Minerva's Mommy did a really awesome study in timing and she did find that a cutoff was slightly effective for pink and BD on O was slightly effective for a boy (which is why I recommend them, not because of Shettles)

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I think that whether you believe in Shettles or not, that diet and things like supplements just matter a lot more.

My dd was conceived three days before O so Shettles was true for us---but I also never ate breakfast, consumed a lot of dairy and sugar, etc. So who's to know?

Same here!

My Fabulous Children
May 8th, 2011, 01:42 AM
thx everyone, for me too shettles seemed to work..not that i knew what i was doing..but defly BD'd way before i actually O'd up until there was no more ewcm ("confirmed O") and got my 2 princesses.

Me too.