PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the cookie cutter - Personalizing your sway

atomic sagebrush
May 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM
UPDATED 12-11-17

On this site, there is no cookie-cutter, everyone-must-do-this-or-else sway - you are free to pick and choose the sway tactics that you feel are right for YOU. But, the sheer amount of info presented all at once does make it seem rather daunting to people and it probably comes off that we are suggesting you do EVERYTHING. So NBP suggested that we come up with some simplified suggestions - examples, or templates - of sways that a person might want to make their own. You don’t have to do ANY of these sways, there is no one size, fits all sway and no right or wrong way to sway.

For starters, you might want to read the following to help you determine what your sway strategy is.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1382-The-Kitchen-Sink-the-Mellow-Yellow-the-Do-Nothing-and-the-80-20-rule-of-swaying!

Before you begin to plan your sway, you should stop to consider how swaying will affect your odds of pregnancy. It does you no good to sway if you sway so hard that you have no chance of getting pregnant; you have NO chance of your desired gender if you cannot even conceive. And the longer you go on getting BFNs month after month, the more likely it is that you will begin to drop things - unfortunately, the things that get dropped first tend to be the things that are hardest to stick to and yet have the most scientific evidence backing them up, like diet, exercise, and one attempt. Some people may claim that they are willing to go on from now until menopause getting nothing but BFNs but for most people, it seems much wiser to me to hit it hard and get it over with quick! You know yourself best, so be honest with yourself about what is realistic for you.

A reminder - you should start ANY diet 6 weeks (long enough to control blood sugar, CM, pH, minerals, and somewhat affect testosterone) to 90 days (if you want to sway for the entire life cycle of an egg, and is better for raising/lowering testosterone) before you TTC. Our results for pink sways show clearly that 12 weeks or more on a sway diet is the most effective; for blue, 6 weeks seems to be enough and trying to stretch it out to the 12 week mark will simply end up with people gaining way more weight than they need to without seeming to confer any additional benefits. For weight training, though, blue swayers may really see better results with 12 weeks or more on weight training.

You and DH MUST quit smoking if you want a son, no ifs, ands, or buts, that one is non-negotiable.

We have been getting outstanding results for pink with one attempt and for blue with three attempts in fertile window, so if you only do one sway tactic, make it that one. One attempt in fertile window has gotten best results for pink; if you want blue, try to be in with more than one attempt in fertile window.

:omg:DO NOTHING SWAY - Seriously, for reals. You can Duggar-it-out and decide that you‘ll just keep having kids until you get your DG. People get their desired gender every day by doing nothing any different than they have any day of their lives. Luck and chemistry may be on your side this time and it may be that all you need to do is just get pregnant. This is statistically more true for moms who want sons than it is for moms who want daughters because your odds of a boy go up slightly after 3 girls. However, advancing maternal age does make you more likely to conceive a daughter so if you‘re in your late 30‘s your odds of a girl are better. (you can still conceive a boy - or two - in your late 30’s!!!! BELIEVE ME!! LOL!!!!:hair:)

:omg:LITE SWAY - Diet has far and away the most evidence supporting it BUT some people find it very difficult to stick to. A person might decide to sway using just timing, jelly, hormonal supplements, lowering/raising sperm count and MOST IMPORTANT having one and only one attempt - any or all combo of other sway tactics. It’s ok if you want to do that. The only thing that I STRONGLY suggest for pink swayers is not to just take cal-mag supplements alongside your normal diet, and I do believe equally strongly that blue swayers MUST not be dieting and/or losing weight. UPDATE - timing, jelly, hormonal supplements, frequency patterns have not gotten good results and while I am keeping this in the mix for those who want it, I strongly advise all swayers do diet and exercise.

:omg:FRENCH LITE SWAY - Some think the French Gender diet (available in the Dream Members section) is the easiest diet to stick to, so adding the FGD to a Lite Sway is a good way to incorporate some diet into your sway. (Or, you could also JUST do the FGD and forget the rest.) Pink Swayers, I STRONGLY urge you do do the FGD itself and not just take supplements in addition to eating your normal diet (even if you ease back on sodium), because it is not clear whether the cal-mag aspect of the FGD is what sways, or if it is due to the restrictive, lower-protein nature of the diet.

:omg:VEGGIE LITE SWAY FOR PINK - Being a vegetarian or vegan is proven to sway pink, and many find a plant-based diet easy to stick to. Adding a vegetarian/vegan diet to a Lite Sway, or even just doing diet and forgoing other sway techniques, is a valid strategy for pink. You CAN add cal-mag supps to a vegetarian/vegan diet and perhaps enhance your sway by incorporating French gender minerals. UPDATE - we have gotten pretty solid results with this.

:omg:CAVEMAN LITE SWAY FOR BLUE - A caveman-style, meat, eggs, nuts, fruit and veg diet (limiting refined carbohydrates and dairy) may sway blue and you may wish to combine it with the Lite Sway tactics and the mineral component of the FGD, increasing sodium and potassium intake, for a more thorough sway. Also a good choice for those blue swayers with uncooperative husbands, because most husbands LOVE caveman-style diets.

:omg:ATOMIC’S PREFERRED SWAY - You’ll get most of the benefits of a more thorough sway AND you’ll be able to get pg quickly. Eat the “Low-Everything” diet for pink, “High-Everything”diet for blue (WITHOUT worrying about minerals or acidity/alkalinity of food) Lose 3-5 pounds for TTC pink and gain a few pounds of muscle for TTC blue.

For pink, do either one attempt or every 4 day method. Exercise 60 minutes a day at least 4 days a week.. LE Diet 12 weeks or longer plus fiber, coffee, alcohol, and folic acid or folate. Clomid or Femara if you can get them. Ditch all other sway tactics because they haven't worked and have really cut odds of conception. Get pregnant as quick as you can to limit the amount of time you have to stick to the diet.

For blue, Pre-Seed, Robitussin/Mucinex and sperm-enhancing supplements and BD patterns for blue, and timing ONLY if you absolutely must. Exercise or not, whatever you prefer, as long as you are not a habitual over-exerciser (but lifting weights will REALLY help your sway). Take prenatals, DHA or fish oil, Vit. D 1000 IU, folic acid or folate 2000 mcg. Give your husband a men's multivitamin plus fish oil or DHA and 1000 IU Vit. D. NO weird herbs or megadose vitamins, these things harm your sway! Use timing if you like but have at least 3 attempts.

:omg:THE DELUXE PACKAGE - This is the sway that I, atomic sagebrush, believe to be the most thorough. With the exception of the minerals, because I'm not convinced the minerals sway in the way that people claim, may even sway in the wrong direction for some people, and I would LOVE it if minerals just quietly went away. And I did include timing altho I don't think it sways. But the majority of people want to include them and I understand that.

However, the Deluxe sway does cut down on your fertility and people find it difficult to stick to. Pink swayers, if you find yourself getting obsessed with swaying and feeling that you MUST do everything, STOP and regroup. Blue swayers, if you are feeling overwhelmed, take a break!!!

UPDATE - While this approach has been ok for blue (although you'll get better results and healthier diet if you stick with HE Diet), for pink I believe that the kind of attention to detail required to pull off these complex sways really undermines the chances of pink success.

For pink, the Low Everything diet plus minerals plus aspartame, limiting alkaline foods, taking cran or baby aspirin, and strictly limiting blood sugar all the time. Lose 5-7 pounds if at all possible, and do intense cardio exercise 6-7 days a week. Use RepHresh, abstain/frequent release, with a cutoff. If you can beg, borrow, or steal some Clomid or Femara, USE it. (not really, only use under the supervision of a doctor. ) If you can’t get Clomid or Femara, use vitex and saw palmetto. DH should use licorice root.

For blue, High Everything diet, cut way back on cal-mag if you‘re not already and up sodium/potassium intake, limit acidic foods, use stevia as a sweetener, and do the BSD or Ural drinks (I really HATE these, please use only if you can't bear to not try them). Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus and Guaifenesin. Please note, cutting back drastically on cal-mag while increasing sodium, is not necessarily the best thing for fertility. And if you are of sub-Saharan African (Black) descent, you should not increase your sodium intake because virtually all Black people have genes that cause them to retain high levels of sodium in their bodies and the sodium is risky for you.

:omg:THE WHOLE NINE YARDS SWAY - The Deluxe Package plus spermicide and adding an O+12 attempt for pink (or you could do O+12 instead of cutoff). Use Acijel/Replens instead of RepHresh if you are going to do O+12. TTC pink from Mar-May only. DH should wear tighty-whiteys, take hot baths, and may even want to bicycle or run a lot. DH smoking may help. He may also wish to take Sudafed.

For blue, the Deluxe Package plus BSF and ONLY one attempt 12 hours after your positive OPK. TTC blue from Sept-Nov. only.

NOTE - if you are in the Southern Hemisphere, reverse the suggested months to TTC (so TTC blue Mar-May and pink Sept-Nov) and if you are near the equator, don’t worry about months at all because the day length doesn’t vary enough to send a signal to your body.

UPDATE - I am not endorsing the Deluxe Sway, the Whole 9 Yards or the Whole 10 Yards sways. Not at all. In fact I'm actively NOT endorsing them. I'd love to see everyone stick with the atomic preferred sway. But I just want you guys to be able to make fully informed decisions based on seeing what these kinds of full-on sways look like instead of just doing what I say because I think it's best. It is your sway, your way, you are the one who has to live with it and not me. You're all adults who can make your own choices!!

:omg:THE WHOLE TEN YARDS SWAY - Add douching for both pink and blue.

wishing on a star
May 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Wow thanks atomic that was a really interesting read and i think it will help a lot of ladies who are undecided or worried they are not doing enough! After reading through each description i think i more or less did THE WHOLE TEN YARDS SWAY apart from the excersise. I lost quite a bit of weight but at the time wasnt doing any excercise at all. Thank you again for all the time and effort you put into this, before i found this site i was only going to do shettles for timing as had never heard of the diet ect
xx

queen-of-harts
May 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
You are fantastic Atomic :)

lightofmylife
May 5th, 2011, 11:51 AM
:omg: that's a fantastic and organised . you are really awesome atomic.

kaseybaby
May 5th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks Atomic!!

Belle
May 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Atomic Sagebush you are truly a god sent, you deserve the best and to be happy. Thank you

nuthinbutpink
May 5th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Great read!

3boys
May 6th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Fantastic info! Thank you so much

begonia
May 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Thank you Atomic, this is yet again another great post! Very well organized. I like the menu-style of options!

ThroughWithBlue
May 7th, 2011, 12:04 AM
I LOVE reading all your articles like this, you have spent so much time and put so much effort into all this. This is why I love thsi website -it's not do this and that, don't ask questiosn about it and get beraded if you don't to it all 100%. You can actually find out why you should do this or that and decide whats for you so feel you gave it your all. Thanks SO much for all this information!!!

boymom
May 10th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Just found this thread and I love it:)

Another princess
May 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Ha ha Atomic, love it! Thankyou xx

LolaInLove
May 10th, 2011, 09:03 AM
This is an awesome thread, AS.....you rock!

SugarSpice&EverythingNice
May 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I am def a kitchen sink/whole 10 yards swayer. LOL

Plum3
May 12th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Great info, thanks!

tweedledeedum
May 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I love the options! Thanks!

rainbowflower
May 15th, 2011, 10:12 AM
aww why didn't I find this thread before!? so helpful!

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I just wrote it a few days ago! I'm glad it's helpful!

skrimpy
June 24th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Just read this AS and it's fantastic! Great presentation of different options and a good "mini-guide" on directions to take with sway planning :D

indigoviolet
September 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks Atomic, feeling so much better about my plan now :)

zanacal
September 14th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Hi indigo - nice to see you! Are you ttc soon?

carmella_marie
October 30th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Atomic--I had a question about cut-off that's mentioned in some of the plans. I am trying to decide what timing to use. DS was an almost 5 day cut off, so I am a little hesitant to do a cut off, I know timing is only one part of the sway but past experiences play with your psyche you know? I wanted to try O+12, but I am afraid I won't time it right and it will take forever to get pg. What other option is there? What would you recommend,?

zanacal
October 31st, 2011, 05:42 AM
If you don't want to DTD on O day (and many of us are because everything else we're doing to sway pink lowers fertility so much!) and are worried that an O+12 won't work well, then you could DTD once when you get a +OPK which will give you a small cut-off but not decrease your odds of getting pregnant too much and it's also very easy to figure out! I think I just posted the 'Frequency of BD for Pink or Blue' thread link for you elsewhere.

atomic sagebrush
October 31st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Atomic--I had a question about cut-off that's mentioned in some of the plans. I am trying to decide what timing to use. DS was an almost 5 day cut off, so I am a little hesitant to do a cut off, I know timing is only one part of the sway but past experiences play with your psyche you know? I wanted to try O+12, but I am afraid I won't time it right and it will take forever to get pg. What other option is there? What would you recommend,?

I personally think that as long as you do an abstain or a frequent release http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5636-frequency-of-BD-for-pink-and-blue, you can BD whenever you want to BD. It's the frequency pattern that does the swaying and the timing has nothing to do with it at all.

When people do both cutoff and O+12, they are told to do an abstain of 7-10 days and then only one attempt. I strongly suspect that it's the abstain + one attempt that sways and not any mystical principles of a given day (and the science seems to support this). So my thinking is, let's try doing an abstain or frequent release (FR does much the same as abstain in terms of lowering sperm count but keeps the sperm healthier and fresher), and then only one attempt, but time it to up the chances of pg. My preferred timing for someone who only wants to do timing for pink is for people to BD with one attempt when they get a pos OPK, after a long abstain or long/compressed FR (altho I am highly flexible on that!!) If people are doing a lot of other things to sway like jellies, antihistamine, J and D, they may want to do more than one attempt with FR to up their odds of pg.

carmella_marie
October 31st, 2011, 10:53 AM
thanks AS and zanacal, that makes sense. I am thinking of just DTD whenever (using protection) and then doing a compressed frequent release when we do our attempt since DH isn't really into swaying and I don't think I can get him to abstain or do a normal FR.

I will be taking antihistamines because I have to! I live on zyrtec for my allergies anyway. But I also wanted to use RepHresh. I am also on the LE diet. WIth all this going on, maybe more than one attempt would be a better plan since I want to get pg quickly.

atomic sagebrush
October 31st, 2011, 11:14 AM
If you want to get pg quickly, it's always best to do more than one attempt. :agree:

So many of us have trouble with our DHs and swaying - you're not alone there!! Good luck.

zanacal
October 31st, 2011, 01:23 PM
Sounds like a good plan!

Irishmom
February 22nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
Thank you atomic. Yet again a super thread!

weeziewoozles
July 13th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Hi. It says above that you should start ANY diet 6wks-90 days before TTC girl but on the weight loss thread, it says that if you don't have that much weight to lose you should start 2-3wks before. Will that be enough to establish the correct environment? Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Unsatisfying answer - we don't know. I believe that if you are already very thin, then 2-3 weeks of diet may very well be enough (because blood sugar/pH/EWCM seem to change very quickly and while testosterone and estrogen take some time to drop, if you're already low body weight you probably have less T and E than others do anyway) and additionally the majority of people do not get pg the first month of swaying anyway and most people have to drop at least some sway tactics to conceive, and so that ends up being 6 weeks by default.

You also have the option of starting a vegan/vegetarian diet (for pink, that is) while keeping cals high and do that for a couple months before hitting it very hard on diet. This may help lower your T and E levels without causing you to dry up and blow away to nothing.

weeziewoozles
July 15th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Thanks Atomic. Always so helpful! x

fourthcanal
July 27th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks Atomic! The information is so organized, it is really easy to understand :)

thehappypixi
November 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Eeeek! Cricket, I have to get a new notepad for all this!

Ciansmummy
February 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Wow, thanks for that post. Just trying to get my head around it all. Glad I've a bit of time to prepare!

Bean
April 3rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Atomic, do you think abstaining for DH as opposed to FR is marginally better? After much reading & thinking on it I think my DH may need to do FR as he is 38yo. Whadda ya reckon? He seems to be pretty fertile but him & his swimmers are no spring chickens any longer!

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2013, 02:08 PM
the deal with abstain has nothing to do with his fertility, viritily, health, etc. It is solely age - the number of times his cells have divided over the course of his life. The more times the cells have divided, the more opportunity there is for tiny changes, mistakes even, in DNA to creep in and worsen over the course of many divisions. This makes for higher risks of birth defects and the abstain adds to that by allowing higher numbers of bad sperm to build up.

Bean
April 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks for that, you've made the decision easier!

Emily
April 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Atomic, do you think abstaining for DH as opposed to FR is marginally better? After much reading & thinking on it I think my DH may need to do FR as he is 38yo. Whadda ya reckon? He seems to be pretty fertile but him & his swimmers are no spring chickens any longer!

LOL have the image of cartoon sperm hobbling along on Zimmer frames now! My DH is 39 so his probably have grey beards too:)

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I think there's something to that! I also picture my DH's sperm in need of tiny walkers and oxygen tanks! ;)

Plantain
April 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
So, does Ph matter or not? I'm still confused! Is it just as good to use preseed for ttcblue, and follow the HE diet? IS there a benefit to ph testing and eating alkaline foods?

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2013, 09:57 AM
It is seemingly BETTER. We have gotten high 70's-80% success rates for blue with HE Diet + Preseed, and people get pg within 1-2 months and do not have the sky-high rate of miscarriage they did back on IG.

Have you read this yet? It's the science against the pH theory. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html I suspect that for blue, you do NOT want to be overly alkaline, that's not good for the swimmers either.

I dont' think anyone needs to or even should test pH. I think it causes obsession and stress that makes blue swayers feel defeated (lowers T) and pink swayers get all control-freaky (raises T) I got my 4th son with pH of 4.5 that never varied and we've seen tons of pH opposites going both ways.

Jenht
April 12th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all the great info!

marriedmomof2
May 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM
That is great thanks!!! Put my mind at ease some lol

Funkyfry
May 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM
This is great atomic!! I though a 7-10 day abstain would be good for us but after reading you say that abstain can allow more bad sperm in which can lead to defects? Is it better then to do fr? Does that just mean Dtd every day using a condom then bd once at pos opk for ttc pink?

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2013, 02:21 PM
This is great atomic!! I though a 7-10 day abstain would be good for us but after reading you say that abstain can allow more bad sperm in which can lead to defects? Is it better then to do fr? Does that just mean Dtd every day using a condom then bd once at pos opk for ttc pink?

If your DH is under 35 or so, you can still do abstain, it's mostly people over 35-40 who decide to do FR instead.

Have you read this yet?? It describes the different kinds of release patterns http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/5636-frequency-bd-pink-blue.html

Funkyfry
May 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Atomic is 34, 35 next feb? Thanks for the link, will have a read

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
It's not a magic light switch, it's just that odds start to go up after 35-ish. It's a very gradual thing, you don't wake up on the morning of your 35th birthday and start churing out bad sperm! ;) Your body doesn't know when your birthday is, it's jsut that for the population as a whole, the risks of age related sperm damage start to increase and it becomes statistically releveant at 35 years of age.

myurkanin817
November 3rd, 2013, 12:48 AM
Atomic, I have a question or two about this topic. This other girl was very thin and was worried about doing the diet not long enough. But me... I'm pretty heavy. In 2011 I gained like 40-45 pounds & I haven't been able to lose it since so I pretty much lost hope of ever getting back down to 140 pounds and being pretty happy with myself. (I think it was from being on the birth control shot) so I'm worried about doing the LE diet for ONLY 3 months... Is that long enough for me to do the diet and change my body enough to ttc a girl? I'm only 5'4 and like 190 pounds. :( I'm pretty disgusted with being so heavy but I lost a few pounds and it comes right back or I just stop losing... I went to my dr even cause I thought I had a a thyroid problem but it all came back okay. Although she did say my vitamin D is a tiny bit low. I think I read somewhere on here that is good for ttc a girl. Yay!

Unsatisfying answer - we don't know. I believe that if you are already very thin, then 2-3 weeks of diet may very well be enough (because blood sugar/pH/EWCM seem to change very quickly and while testosterone and estrogen take some time to drop, if you're already low body weight you probably have less T and E than others do anyway) and additionally the majority of people do not get pg the first month of swaying anyway and most people have to drop at least some sway tactics to conceive, and so that ends up being 6 weeks by default.

You also have the option of starting a vegan/vegetarian diet (for pink, that is) while keeping cals high and do that for a couple months before hitting it very hard on diet. This may help lower your T and E levels without causing you to dry up and blow away to nothing.

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM
3 months is a long enough time for anyone. If a person did have some weight to spare, I would not encourage them to TTC after 2 weeks on diet, but there is a huge difference between 2 weeks and 3 months! :)

Some of us have had better results on LE Diet than on some other diets, I think in part because you aren't completely depriving yourself of everything and trying to exist on lentils, watercress, and Diet Mountain Dew, and TTC a girl can be highly motivating.

myurkanin817
November 5th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks again Atomic!! I'm trying to get all my research done on ttc pink by the beginning of February so I can do the LE diet February March and April and ttc pink in May June July & hopefully by august I'll be pregnant! :pray::awe::cheer::luck:

atomic sagebrush
December 11th, 2017, 01:29 PM
updated this old but helpful thread