PDA

View Full Version : Baby_P's rather dramatic entrance into the world!

Mrs_P
July 2nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
My daughter has arrived safe and sound although not without her fair share of drama! Isabelle Alice joined our family at 1:45am on 01/07, she is absolutely perfect in every way and looks just like her brothers.

Her birth story:

Saturday morning i started loosing what i thought was my plug in parts throughout the day and had been feeling quite crampy but then sunday day passed really uneventfully and all my thoughts of impending labor from the saturday disappeared. I sat down at about 8:30pm and started with really mild contractions every 10 mins or so for an hour but presumed they'd go as i'd been having them on and off for days. Decided to get an early night and had a bath as my boys had gotten me up the last few nights as they were all ill. They got more regular and i lost more of plug but by 10:00 they were still really mild so i went to bed.

Literally five mins after i got in bed i felt this huge gush and thought my waters had gone, got to the bathroom and there was dark red blood everywhere it looked like a horror movie scene. My husband called the hospital and they told him to ring an ambulance who were fab and there in just over 5 minutes. We were rushed to hospital but had no idea what to expect, the baby wasn't moving (and hadn't been for a good hour or so) and i'd bled through three packs of maternity grade pads waiting for the ambulance, i was so scared we'd lost her.

The hospital were brilliant too we had 6 people all waiting for us and whilst three of them prep'd for surgery the others scanned me to see what was going on with her and put a drip in me etc. Thank god; they found her heart beat straight away but they couldn't see where all the blood was coming from. They checked me and i was 2cm dilated and the contractions had got much stronger so they decided to try to break my waters (which has left my poor little lady with all scratches on her head) and monitor her whilst they looked for the bleed source. This was 12:00am and things were progressing so fast so i was allowed to labor naturally as the bleed had slowed (although stuck to the bed and monitors).

She was born at 1:45am after a really fast labor. We never did find the cause of the blood loss but they think as my placenta was low at 34 weeks but ok at 37 weeks that part of it hadn't moved properly and detached during labor. There was massive blood clot that came out after her and my placenta delivered in pieces really awkwardly but she was safe which was the most important thing.

She gave us another scare later on that day though when she started vomiting brown blood and blood clots so they kept us in for two days for observation but she managed to clear it; they think she ingested it during delivery.

Dreamofpink
July 2nd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Oh my goodness, what a story!!! I'm sooo glad that you're both safe, well and home now. Huge congratulations on the birth of Isabelle Alice - what a stunning name!! I hope DS3 stays well for you now and the worrisome first few weeks past by uneventfully.
:cheerteam: Welcome to the world Isabelle Alice P!

Dreamofpink
July 2nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
BTW it must be wonderful to say "my daughter"! I expect you'll never tire of it :wink: Enjoy every precious minute with her!

Soar
July 2nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
Wow that is a serious birth story! So glad you and Isabelle are doing well! Enjoy your miracle!

Wanting-a-girl
July 2nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Congrats

dloui128
July 2nd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Wow glad everything is ok with you and your little girl, congratulations

deaks66
July 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Gosh what a scare! Congratulations and thank goodness all was ok in the end

thehappypixi
July 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Holy crap! That is so utterly traumatic, thank goodness you are all OK!!

Massive congrats, lets see some pictures missus!! Xxxx

minimatron
July 2nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Wow what a dramatic and scary time. Congratulations of the birth of your daughter. I'm glad to hear you're both safe and sound x

EmmyRoo
July 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Goodness how scary for you all! I'm so glad it all worked out though, and what a beautiful name! Enjoy your daughter and your 'complete' family. X

cvd
July 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Wow! What an eventful birth story. How are you guys doing now? Huge congrats!!

hotdogz&boyz
July 2nd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Sounds like an abruption (aka: sounds just like my daughters birth, which was an abruption). Scary, scary stuff mama!

Glad she here, safe, and ready to be loved on :) Congrats!!

BabyCakesTor
July 3rd, 2013, 01:47 AM
Congratulations!!!

Gimmeapinkone
July 3rd, 2013, 05:12 AM
That must have been so scary for you guys! I'm glad she has arrived safe and sound! Congratulations!

Butterfly Spirit
July 3rd, 2013, 05:22 AM

I'm SO happy that baby P arrived safe and sound! I hope that she brings you all the joy that you deserve sweet lady! Posting before I read! lol

WOW- just wOw! Drama right from the start your little ~*Princess*~ I can't imagine how that must have been for you and your family. But gosh, your little miracle is finally here. How does it feel Mrs P! :HH: Welcome to Girl World! :HH:

3boys
July 3rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Congratulations :)
You poor thing you must have been so scared, I'm so glad that baby Isabelle and yourself are ok. Xx

5boysandcounting
July 3rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
Congrats on your little girl. i'm so glad your both okay. xx

mommymachine
July 3rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
So glad she's here safe and sound!

Rainbow baby
July 4th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Just saw your little girl arrived...so so scary I am so glad she is out and safe and sound. A big congratulations to you and family and I hope you all are at home enjoying her right now :) Ps. Love love the name. that's our girls name too!! xox

NCBeachyGrl
July 5th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Oh my goodness! So so scary! I am so glad everything is well now and your little princess is OK. I can't imagine how scared you were. I kept getting on here to see your news and I was a bit worried when I hadn't seen anything!

WantingPink
July 5th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mrs P that is one scary and dramatic birth story. I am so glad that everything was okay with you and your little one. I am sure it makes having your little girl in your arms that much sweeter. Hope you both are doing well. Looking forward to pictures. Congrats!!

Dana-Alicia
July 5th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Only saw this now! Congrats on your little girl! That was quite the drama, glad to see you are both healthy and happy!

Huds
July 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
My daughter has arrived safe and sound although not without her fair share of drama! Isabelle Alice joined our family at 1:45am on 01/07, she is absolutely perfect in every way and looks just like her brothers.

Her birth story:

Saturday morning i started loosing what i thought was my plug in parts throughout the day and had been feeling quite crampy but then sunday day passed really uneventfully and all my thoughts of impending labor from the saturday disappeared. I sat down at about 8:30pm and started with really mild contractions every 10 mins or so for an hour but presumed they'd go as i'd been having them on and off for days. Decided to get an early night and had a bath as my boys had gotten me up the last few nights as they were all ill. They got more regular and i lost more of plug but by 10:00 they were still really mild so i went to bed.

Literally five mins after i got in bed i felt this huge gush and thought my waters had gone, got to the bathroom and there was dark red blood everywhere it looked like a horror movie scene. My husband called the hospital and they told him to ring an ambulance who were fab and there in just over 5 minutes. We were rushed to hospital but had no idea what to expect, the baby wasn't moving (and hadn't been for a good hour or so) and i'd bled through three packs of maternity grade pads waiting for the ambulance, i was so scared we'd lost her.

The hospital were brilliant too we had 6 people all waiting for us and whilst three of them prep'd for surgery the others scanned me to see what was going on with her and put a drip in me etc. Thank god; they found her heart beat straight away but they couldn't see where all the blood was coming from. They checked me and i was 2cm dilated and the contractions had got much stronger so they decided to try to break my waters (which has left my poor little lady with all scratches on her head) and monitor her whilst they looked for the bleed source. This was 12:00am and things were progressing so fast so i was allowed to labor naturally as the bleed had slowed (although stuck to the bed and monitors).

She was born at 1:45am after a really fast labor. We never did find the cause of the blood loss but they think as my placenta was low at 34 weeks but ok at 37 weeks that part of it hadn't moved properly and detached during labor. There was massive blood clot that came out after her and my placenta delivered in pieces really awkwardly but she was safe which was the most important thing.

She gave us another scare later on that day though when she started vomiting brown blood and blood clots so they kept us in for two days for observation but she managed to clear it; they think she ingested it during delivery.

Omg how scary!!!! Glad to hear ur both safe and sound. Enjoy ur time with ur little princess

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 8th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mrs. P I'm so glad you and your little lady are ok. Never a dull moment. Hope everyone is adjusting and can't wait to see some pics of your dd.

weeziewoozles
July 8th, 2013, 10:22 AM
So glad you're both well. Hope your little boy gets better soon so you can have a giant family cuddle xxx

1+2+3boys
July 10th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Congrats, I'm so glad she is all O.K!

my4leafclover
July 10th, 2013, 12:39 PM
omg just catching up. How Scary Mrs. P. I am so glad you and Isabelle are doing well.

Mrs_P
July 15th, 2013, 12:25 PM
thank you all so much for the lovely comments, sorry to have gone awol on my thread but our little bit of drama didn't end there and i have only just returned home.

When we got up the next morning i discovered that my third little man had developed chicken pox so on the advice of the peads docs i took my little girl and moved out leaving my boys with their dad. It broke my heart to leave my son again (he really struggled while we were in hospital) and my sons all really struggled, especially my eldest as he has sen and didn't handle the change in routine at all.

The day after we moved out i developed a really high temperature and could barely walk, it felt like everything was going to fall out. A few trips to the hospital later and despite everyone telling me all was ok i lost a massive piece of retained membranes and a blood clot bigger than a golf ball. All seemed to settle down last week but now my temp is back up to 39.2 again so i have to wait and see what happens but if it persists it means an anesthetic and removal of any remaining tissue.

Isabelle on the other hand is doing really well (although we have to wait now to see if the exposure she had to the chicken pox was enough for her to contract it, if so she will be hospitalised and treated as it can be really dangerous for newborns and its hit and miss whether they get immunity from mum - were just hoping and praying that she escapes it and our horrible run of events has now ended). She has put loads of weight on already and is ever so good although her sleep is still really bad at night and she doesn't like being on her own (unfortunately she has got to used to it being just me and her)

We came home yesterday and Izzy got to meet her dad and her brothers at just under 2 weeks old and they are all so taken with her, even my youngest he seems so pleased to have us back there is no jealousy at all yet. I don't think after everything we have been through its sunk it yet that i have a daughter but i am so in love with my baby girl.

My little lady:
Taken the day she was born

Nearly 2 weeks old:

ELP
July 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
She is gorgeous and I am sooo pleased you can finally all be together:) xxxxxxxxxxx

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
OMG what an ordeal. I am hoping and praying she doesn't contract the chicken pox and that things are going to settle down! She is GORGEOUS!!!

GeCon
July 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Congrats on your little girl, but what a journey it has been for you all. Hoping things will settle down soon for you and your family.

Enjoy your little girl, she is beautiful.

weeziewoozles
July 15th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Congrats on getting home. I'm sure you'll all settle in in no time xxx

Tiggerian
July 15th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Holy cow! That is one dramatic entrance - but huge congrats on ur baby girl! Such a beautiful name toO!!

Tiggerian
July 15th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Just read your update -oh my gosh you've really been through it all of you haven't you!? I hope the drama is over now and she sure is beautiful isn't she!? She fits her name perfectly!!

minimatron
July 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Wow. That must have been hard. Hopefully all is settled now and you can enjoy your family. She's just beautiful x

Falling2Grace
July 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Wow! That sounds like quite the eventful entrance indeed however I am glad to hear all turned out ok in the end and that u both are safe and healthy. Cogratulations on ur baby GiRL!!!!!! I bet u are over the moon!

Well done mama!

Tiffani3
July 21st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Congratulations mrsp she's beautiful so pleased your at home now safe and sound. Xx xx

Polli
July 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
Congratulations!! Hope all settles down and all is well. Enjoy:-)