PDA

View Full Version : Low motile count & BD timing for pink

isis
July 3rd, 2013, 12:22 AM
Hi,
DH has low motile sperm. What do you suggest our BD timing be to hopefully get a girl?

Other factors:
- advanced maternal age
- history of loss
- ART (hoping to conceive #2 naturally)

Thanks!

Becca.lms
July 3rd, 2013, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=isis;429373]Hi,
DH has low motile sperm. What do you suggest our BD timing be to hopefully get a girl?

Other factors:
- advanced maternal age
- history of loss

Thanks![/QUOTE. Was this the same case with your son? You'd think this would sway girl as is. Usually Id say sex once a day with condom and using no condom at +opk, but one time probably wouldn't be enough with a low motility. Are you taking any supps or anything?

isis
July 5th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Hi! thank you. Yes, same with DS. With IUI, we abstained 5 days before IUI, and then had sex 2x after.

No supplements yet. I saw magnesium and calcium are good tho. Currently doing prenatals. Is it okay to add those shops in addition to prenatal content?

isis
July 5th, 2013, 03:30 AM
I just bought fertility monitor sticks.

For "real" TTC now. I'm so nervous. I really want a girl.

atomic sagebrush
July 5th, 2013, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=isis;429373]Hi,

Other factors:
- advanced maternal age
- history of loss

Thanks![/QUOTE. Was this the same case with your son? You'd think this would sway girl as is. Usually Id say sex once a day with condom and using no condom at +opk, but one time probably wouldn't be enough with a low motility. Are you taking any supps or anything?

Release every day is a bad idea for people with poor sperm health. Have him release every 2-4 days starting as far in advance of attempt as is feasible (don't panic if it's occasionally every 1 day or every 5 days, we're going for an average, not a tightly regimented schedule), then the first 1-2 months go for one unprotected attempt at pos OPK, then switch to SMEP.Sperm Meets Egg Plan (http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm)

atomic sagebrush
July 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Hi! thank you. Yes, same with DS. With IUI, we abstained 5 days before IUI, and then had sex 2x after.

No supplements yet. I saw magnesium and calcium are good tho. Currently doing prenatals. Is it okay to add those shops in addition to prenatal content?

There is mixed opinion on cal-mag. Some of us got girls without cal-mag after having failed sways where we were taking the recommended amount and we've kinda moved past the whole cal-mag thing. Full explanation here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html (this is a three parter, links in the first one to the other two, read all three and the discussion afterwards is also somewhat helpful, particularly after the third.)

Most of us are not taking prenatals and the reasoning for that is because lower nutrients = more girls. There's a full explanation of prenatals and safe and healthy pregnancy in this http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/24628-le-diet-faq.html