PDA

View Full Version : Ok....now what? :)

JustKim
May 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Ok, so last night I got a very - opk around 8pm. This morning @ 11am I got a smiley. Here are the lines of my test... when should we dtd? I am ok to wait until it's darker, but my husband is getting anxious... :D

I tried to upload a picture but it's too big? How do I resize it?

begonia
May 5th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Have you used OPK's before? IF you will get another + tomorrow morning (some ladies get 2 days worth) then I would DTD in the morning, 24 hours after your 1st positive. But if you only get 1 +OPK, this one being it, I would DTD 12 hours after ... so TONIGHT :-)

If you're not sure how many OPK's you normally get I would DTD tonight ... always better to be on the early side for TTC boy!

JustKim
May 5th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Thank you! Sorry about picture size....I'm using my cell and can't edit.

Flava
May 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Have you used OPK's before? IF you will get another + tomorrow morning (some ladies get 2 days worth) then I would DTD in the morning, 24 hours after your 1st positive. But if you only get 1 +OPK, this one being it, I would DTD 12 hours after ... so TONIGHT :-)

If you're not sure how many OPK's you normally get I would DTD tonight ... always better to be on the early side for TTC boy!

I say they same. But this test strip looks like it's a CBFM test strip. You suppose to look at only the CB monitor and not the test strip.

JustKim
May 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I say they same. But this test strip looks like it's a CBFM test strip. You suppose to look at only the CB monitor and not the test strip.

It's actually the clearblue digi with the smiley face. The smiley face popped up too. I am following the boy diet really well and taking all the right supplements....I just need to get the timing down. I noticed this afternoon that I am having very mild cramping in my lower right abdomen area. Could be wishful thinking or ov pains?

JustKim
May 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM

I used opks last month, but I don't believe they ever got this dark. This will be our second month ttc with the hopes of having a boy. DH and I have been on the boy regime for almost 4 months now.

begonia
May 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
It could be OV pains but from what I've read they typically aren't reliable ... can happen before, during, or even after your actual O. Good luck with your attempt!

Flava
May 6th, 2011, 11:50 AM
It's actually the clearblue digi with the smiley face. The smiley face popped up too. I am following the boy diet really well and taking all the right supplements....I just need to get the timing down. I noticed this afternoon that I am having very mild cramping in my lower right abdomen area. Could be wishful thinking or ov pains?

Oh ok anyway you should only look at the smiley face then. I get O pains before O so can't rely on that. GL

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM

I completely agree 100%.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 04:13 PM

O pains can happen before, during and after O so they are not really reliable unfortunately. Here is an essay about O pains. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1678-ovulation-pain-and-spotting-in-depth