PDA

View Full Version : HRC or Genesis - advice please!!!

chattymonkey
July 4th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Hi all, I'm from UK and I'm torn between HRC and Genesis - ignoring costs / travel time etc. my dilemma is HRC gives me higher odds of a baby but as they don't do any sort of sperm sorting I could get all that way, go through the treatment and there be no viable pink eggs - alternatively, Genesis offers sperm sorting so my odds of pink are better, but then there success rates are much lower. On top of this I'm 40 so I'm worried about the quality/quantity of eggs even though I easily and quickly conceived my 2 boys. Any advice Please!!!!

glory
July 23rd, 2013, 09:09 AM
HRC or an American clinic all the way, mainly cause of your age. The sperm sort is only good if it gets you pregnant. Many go to America and don't use a sperm sort and most get the gender that they want.

vickyaust
July 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
No question HRC.
You need 24 chromosome testing at your age.
I also don't trust Genesis at all.

nuthinbutpink
July 24th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Either way, at 40 you need to plan for multiple attempts. IVF for GS at 40 is difficult. The US will give you better odds without a doubt but it will likely take more than one try.

Katiecool
August 19th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Hi chatty monkey, I was wondering what you decided? I am in the exact same position as you and could have written your post! I am also 40, have 2 boys and wanting a girl, wondering whether to go for Cyprus genesis or HRC or other v good clinic in US. Am trying to put everything aside other than the best chance of success. Have you cone to any decision or found out anything more? Thanks

chattymonkey
August 20th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Hi Katie

I'm on with my pre-testing now and will be travelling to HRC 21st October. There seems to be too many girls coming back from Genesis with BFNs and as the costs are not that much more we've decided to go to the US. We can afford 2 goes max so I figured my chances are higher and I'm just hoping and praying it works - like you, I don't have much time. My pre-testing looks good for my age, but I know that does not mean I will respond well to IVF. If you have any questions, let me know x

vickyaust
August 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Good luck for October. I have a friend who will be there then too. It will be a great month.

Katiecool
August 20th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks Chatty Monkey, great that you are going for it. If I could ask some more questions please that would be great. Did you look into any other clinics in the US or just choose HRC? How did you come to that decision? Was it using peoples experiences in this site or the published stats or talking to them that made you decide?

Also how long did it take to get from your initial contact with HRC to this stage? I am hoping to do the trip in november but am wondering if i can line it all up for then?

Does HRC offer a 2 cycle option or would I have to go through the whole thing again (including the total cost) if it didnt work first time?

And lastly does the pre testing decide whether you go forward with it or not, in other words if my testing showed i had very slim chances is there an option to stop there or do you incur the whole cost anyway? I have emailed HRC so am hoping to ask them these questions but it would be great to have it from someone actually going through it. If there are too many questions here please just answer whatever you have time for.
thanks so much for all info. x