PDA

View Full Version : Questions....

Alexis2007
May 5th, 2011, 02:45 PM
:bigsmile:

For my cm....I am taking EPO 3x a day. Haven't seen and ewcm yet. Been taking it for 2 whole cycles now. Going to try to get some fish oil....how many mg do I need and how many times a day do I take that? I will also be trying some Robitussin starting the cycle we start ttc. BTW...I've never had ewcm in my life, hence, probably why I have 2 girls :wink:

I have been doing the bs drink from AF-O. Do I need to continue throughout my cycle with that since we are not ttc until middle/end of June and just do bs drink from AF-O on our ttc cycle? I'm wondering about my sodium intake while I'm not taking the bs drink.

I think I'm doing pretty good on my potassium intake. Probably not getting as much as is recommended for ttc a boy, but I have DRAMATICALLY increased my potassium intake.

I am currently taking 2,800 mcg of folic acid (includes my prenatal). I'm thinking about increasing to 3,800-4,800. What do you guys think?

I'm also taking 150mg of B6. Should I add in some B12 too since it helps with folic acid absorption? How much should I take of the B12?

And idk if anyone remembers, but I was worried about gaining weight on this boy diet. I have been on it for about 2 weeks now and have not gained anything yet. I'm very happy about that. I have been doing more strength exercises rather than cardio. Still doing some cardio though. I'm holding steady at 155 :)

I've been reading about soy isoflavones as well. I know ya'll don't recommend that but I've heard it increases ewcm. I'm wondering if it would help me. All I ever have is creamy cm. Just a thought.

Zivic-Bubac
May 5th, 2011, 03:16 PM
EPO did nothing for my CM.
Fish Oil 1000 mg once a day.
BSD only AF-O , your body needs at least 2 weeks rest from it. I asked the same Q on IG and T gave me very specific answer not to fool around with BSD throughout the whole cycle.
2,800 mcg of FA should be more then enough.
Your Prenatal should already have B12 in it, but you may take some extra if you like. It is soluble in water so you can not OD.

Robitussin should help you big time with ewcm:agree:

HTH! :luck:

Alexis2007
May 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
My prenatal says it has 8 mcg of B12. Is that enough? I won't take the bsd only af-o. I'll just try to increase my intake of salt. I'm hoping all of these things I'm doing will help me to get ewcm. I think that's my biggest problem :(

Zivic-Bubac
May 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
8 mcg B12 is 100% daily value, but you can take 150 mcg of B12, it will help the absorption of FA.

BSD should be taken af->O, and then you take 2 weeks off ( I'm sorry, I see my sentence about BSD is confusing) I'm taking 1 teaspoon dissolved in a glass of water once a day af->O. It helped me to raise my CM pH. Although the taste is unbearable....http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sick009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Lemon water is also good for ewcm:agree:

Robitussin should def do the trick, I'm sure you've already read it, but just in case http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1112-USING-ROBITUSSIN-TO-TTC-A-BOY

How about some lubes? Atomic says PreSeed is the great thing and it will help you get pg.
Also eggwhites.

Zivic-Bubac
May 5th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Here is a thread about Pre-Seed http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1111-Pre-Seed and you have a thread about using real egg whites below your thread on this page (TTC a boy), there is also a Sticky about lubes generally, I'll try to find it for you:)

Alexis2007
May 5th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I tried Preseed last time we ttc'd and we got a girl!! I would rather try to get the natural ewcm if possible. I am adding lemon juice to my water too everyday.

I did the bsd 1/2 tsp in 4oz water 3x a day from af-o. We can go up to 6x a day right? It's not too bad taken at that amount cause I can get in down in almost one gulp lol.

Thanks for helping me!

Zivic-Bubac
May 5th, 2011, 04:36 PM
You are welcome!:)
Here is that link about the lubes http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1134-The-lure-of-Lubes!!&highlight=lure+lubes although it's pretty much about Pre-Seed and ew.
About BSD...yes, I believe we can go up to 6 teaspoons, but that's waaaay too much for me, I'm having hard time with that 1 glass...:worry:

begonia
May 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM
My prenatal says it has 8 mcg of B12. Is that enough? I won't take the bsd only af-o. I'll just try to increase my intake of salt. I'm hoping all of these things I'm doing will help me to get ewcm. I think that's my biggest problem :(

A suggestion to help with your salt intake ... measure out a teaspoon of salt into a small dish and use it throughout the day on things. A teaspoon is 2400 mg sodium, so depending on what you're getting through other parts of your diet, you might want to do another 1/2 tsp.

It took 3 cycles of EPO for me to see a difference. I also do 1000 fish oil a day. The other thing that helps me, I think, is drinking A TON more water during AF to O, also 2 tea bags of green tea, and fresh grapefruit juice. I did all of that for the past 3 cycles and the last one was my best CM yet, though still not what I would say was a ton. I'm going to try robitussin for the 1st time this cycle to see how that goes. OH I also am adding L'arginine in so we'll see how that goes. I think trial and error is the only way to find what works for you since every body will process things differently.

FWIW I did try soy one cycle and saw no difference ... and I was kinda freaked out by what I read about it so dropped it. I think soy is fine in dietary moderation but the high amounts in supplement form just didn't feel right for me. To each her own though, so if you're curious give it a try ... I know some women swear by it for CM.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:58 PM
EPO did nothing for my CM.
Fish Oil 1000 mg once a day.
BSD only AF-O , your body needs at least 2 weeks rest from it. I asked the same Q on IG and T gave me very specific answer not to fool around with BSD throughout the whole cycle.
2,800 mcg of FA should be more then enough.
Your Prenatal should already have B12 in it, but you may take some extra if you like. It is soluble in water so you can not OD.

Robitussin should help you big time with ewcm:agree:

HTH! :luck:

I totally agree with everything Zivic said above and I almost think we should get rid of the EPO because it does not seem to be working for people.

I took 4000 mcg of folic with my 4th son but my 3rd son has spina bifida. I wouldn't take any more than 4000 mcg and you are prob. fine right where you're at.

I also think Robitussin is the way to go for EWCM and also you may find that just by being on a more boy friendly diet the EWCM will start to increase.

Please read this essay I wrote about soy and you can decide for yourself whether you want to take it. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1562-What-are-the-REAL-differences-between-X-sperm-and-Y-sperm

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
You are welcome!:)
Here is that link about the lubes http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1134-The-lure-of-Lubes!!&highlight=lure+lubes although it's pretty much about Pre-Seed and ew.
About BSD...yes, I believe we can go up to 6 teaspoons, but that's waaaay too much for me, I'm having hard time with that 1 glass...:worry:

AAAAAAGGGH NO!!! NOT 6 TEASPOONS!!! It is 6 HALF teaspoons.

PS - I totally agree about the natural CM - that is the good stuff!!

Zivic - I need to update the lubes essay because there are a couple more boy-friendly lubes that just came onto the market...bear with me!!!

Alexis2007
May 7th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I'm thinking I do want to take the soy. Not just for the ewcm, but because I would really like to have twins! I've always dreamed about it and think I'd carry them well. What do you think would be a good dosage for that? My very first pregnancy was a miscarriage, but my other two were normal. I'm scared to start it on CD 2. What does the soy actually do to your follicles during that time?

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 10:39 PM
AAAAAAGGGH NO!!! NOT 6 TEASPOONS!!! It is 6 HALF teaspoons.

PS - I totally agree about the natural CM - that is the good stuff!!

Zivic - I need to update the lubes essay because there are a couple more boy-friendly lubes that just came onto the market...bear with me!!!

Oh really? Bettern than pre seed?

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM
A suggestion to help with your salt intake ... measure out a teaspoon of salt into a small dish and use it throughout the day on things. A teaspoon is 2400 mg sodium, so depending on what you're getting through other parts of your diet, you might want to do another 1/2 tsp.

It took 3 cycles of EPO for me to see a difference. I also do 1000 fish oil a day. The other thing that helps me, I think, is drinking A TON more water during AF to O, also 2 tea bags of green tea, and fresh grapefruit juice. I did all of that for the past 3 cycles and the last one was my best CM yet, though still not what I would say was a ton. I'm going to try robitussin for the 1st time this cycle to see how that goes. OH I also am adding L'arginine in so we'll see how that goes. I think trial and error is the only way to find what works for you since every body will process things differently.

FWIW I did try soy one cycle and saw no difference ... and I was kinda freaked out by what I read about it so dropped it. I think soy is fine in dietary moderation but the high amounts in supplement form just didn't feel right for me. To each her own though, so if you're curious give it a try ... I know some women swear by it for CM.

A tsp, is that all we need? I have been having way more than that haha does this mean I should cut back?

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Oh really? Bettern than pre seed?

Not better, just ones that will also work. People can't always find things so I want to have ALL the lubes discussed in the one thread so all the q's are answered!!

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I'm thinking I do want to take the soy. Not just for the ewcm, but because I would really like to have twins! I've always dreamed about it and think I'd carry them well. What do you think would be a good dosage for that? My very first pregnancy was a miscarriage, but my other two were normal. I'm scared to start it on CD 2. What does the soy actually do to your follicles during that time?

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1881-Super-Soy-for-a-girl-or-a-boy! (soy)
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1089-Conceiving-twins! (upping your odds of twins)

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
A tsp, is that all we need? I have been having way more than that haha does this mean I should cut back?

The French Gender Diet has "as much salt as you can" listed, but on IG the total salt is 5000-6000 mg. I would rather you go with the IG numbers for health purposes. A teaspoon has 2400mg so that is about half what you should be getting - be sure to take into account the amount of sodium you're getting in BSD too!

Alexis2007
May 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1881-Super-Soy-for-a-girl-or-a-boy! (soy)
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1089-Conceiving-twins! (upping your odds of twins)

Thank you Atomic! Do you really think I should go with 200mg? That seems a bit high to me.

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
That's what the directions say to do but you can always try less if you're ok with it. I haven't tried it personally so I can't say whether or not there are side effects.

Alexis2007
May 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
So for the fish oil, I take one pill once per day? My bottle says a serving size is one pill, but to take one pill 3x per day? I'm confused lol. And do I take this everyday or just AF-O? Thanks girls!!

SpicyTunaSushi
May 10th, 2011, 06:57 AM
You take one pill per day- 1000 mg. And I never had EWCM with ttc DD, but now have floods and floods and NOT taking EPO. It will change your cycle and this will make timing and abstinence almost impossible to predict!

LolaInLove
May 10th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Alexis, many women who tried soy I know of had crazy wonky cycles with Oing super late, just beware. You should take it for a few, I am guessing, and see what it does for you, before you attempt. And my opinion, if you are worried most about your cm, and won't use preseed again, I'd just go with ew. GL!

Alexis2007
May 10th, 2011, 12:46 PM
So, you're getting ewcm with just the fish oil? I plan on doing the Robitussin too but not until our attempt. When should I start taking the Fish Oil? Now or what till I start AF? Thanks :)

Alexis2007
May 10th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I have heard of people Oing late as well. I'm ok with that. In my opinion, I've already been having wonky cycles the last several months. They have been ranging from 25-29 days and Oing anywhere between CD 12-18. My dr said this is in the range of normal, but it has never been normal for me. I've ALWAYS had 29 day cycles. Not sure about my ovulation cause I've never tracked it for more than a month at a time.

With my cycles behaving the way they have been and IF I get pregnant when I want to on the first try in June, Oing late will be fine because it will push my EDD back. With my cycles being shorter lately, it keeps moving up my potential EDD. I REALLY want a March 2012 baby. I always deliver way before my due date. My DD1 was born 37w5d and my DD2 was born 38weeks. So if I keep this trend, and my period keeps being crazy, I may end up with a February baby, if I get pregnant the first try. Confusing? Yeah, I know.

I'm kinda leery about the EWs too. Just seems weird to put that up there, kwim?

LolaInLove
May 10th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I did ew for 5 months, I got used to it and probably better at using it each month. The first month was definitley weird, DH thought it was funny. I just didn't get pg at all with it, and the month I stopped using it, I got pg, and then the next month I tried, I got pg again (lost both though....I actually used preseed). But, if you are not into preseed for fear of it swaying pink for you, maybe try the ew....but definitely try fish oil, that does make me have more cm. You may also want to try Fertile CM, which dried me and a few other girls up, but maybe it will work for you? I know lots of women used it for successful boy sways and they had tons of ewcm. You can order it online.

My cycles were always 28-29 days and very regular, always Oed around day 14, but once I started swaying and adding supps into my system, I would O anytime from CD12-18, but I just deal with it by using a ton of opks, it's really no big deal.

begonia
May 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
The French Gender Diet has "as much salt as you can" listed, but on IG the total salt is 5000-6000 mg. I would rather you go with the IG numbers for health purposes. A teaspoon has 2400mg so that is about half what you should be getting - be sure to take into account the amount of sodium you're getting in BSD too!

I asked on IG once about including BSD in the total sodium intake and T emphatically said no, NOT to count it, only count salt on your food. When I asked why she said they are "different" but didn't say how. Personally I think sodium is sodium so I'm not sure why it would't count... ah, the conflicts of swaying :-)

begonia
May 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
You take one pill per day- 1000 mg. And I never had EWCM with ttc DD, but now have floods and floods and NOT taking EPO. It will change your cycle and this will make timing and abstinence almost impossible to predict!

I think the supps have different impacts for everyone... EPO gives me more CM with no impact on my cycle, L'arg definitely impacted my cycle, and soy didn't do anything for my CM or my cycle.

FWIW I would try less than 200 to see how it impacts you. Some women see great results with 1/2 that.

Alexis2007
May 11th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the advice y'all!!

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I asked on IG once about including BSD in the total sodium intake and T emphatically said no, NOT to count it, only count salt on your food. When I asked why she said they are "different" but didn't say how. Personally I think sodium is sodium so I'm not sure why it would't count... ah, the conflicts of swaying :-)

Wikipedia thinks it DOES count. "Sodium occurs naturally in most foods. The most common form of sodium is sodium chloride, which is table salt. Milk, beets, and celery also naturally contain sodium, as does drinking water, although the amount varies depending on the source. Sodium is also added to various food products. Some of these added forms are monosodium glutamate, sodium nitrite, sodium saccharin, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), and sodium benzoate."

I would count it. We are talking about your long term health here and I just think massive sodium intake over long periods, is never a good idea.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the advice y'all!!

Alexis, everyone gave you great info and I think they answered everything you asked as well (or better!!) than I would have...was there anything that got left out that I'm not picking up on?

begonia
May 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Re: the sodium in BS thing ... the reason I asked on IG was because I was using Fitday to track my sodium intake and I was logging the BSD in there and got super concerned when I saw the sodium numbers go through the roof! I would trust Fitday over Tamara on this one and count BSD sodium as part of the sodium intake for sure... though I've given up the BSD personally, I do think ladies should know that it is VERY high in sodium and to calculate how much you're getting through that and adjust the other salt intake accordingly.

Flava
May 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I will take fish oil 3x/ day like it says on the bottle. Others do the same here.
No way I take soy again I was taking a lot with DD4 and it was ttc boy...Im not counting salt have no clue how to do it anyway I will just eat a lot. For a short time I don't think it's hurt.

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Re: the sodium in BS thing ... the reason I asked on IG was because I was using Fitday to track my sodium intake and I was logging the BSD in there and got super concerned when I saw the sodium numbers go through the roof! I would trust Fitday over Tamara on this one and count BSD sodium as part of the sodium intake for sure... though I've given up the BSD personally, I do think ladies should know that it is VERY high in sodium and to calculate how much you're getting through that and adjust the other salt intake accordingly.

I agree completely, thank you. ESP since the FGD also never included baking soda at all, it just seems smart to include it in the daily total. Too much of some things can actually harm your fertility and who even knows, inadvertantly may sway pink.

Alexis2007
May 17th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Alexis, everyone gave you great info and I think they answered everything you asked as well (or better!!) than I would have...was there anything that got left out that I'm not picking up on?

Just about the fish oil...do I take one pill per day or 3?

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Just about the fish oil...do I take one pill per day or 3?

The problem is that each brand of fish oil has their own formulation so I can't really advise you how many to take, just take the 1000 mg, however that comes out with your brand. IF 3 pills is 1000 mg, then take 3 pills. If one pill is 1000 mg and they are telling you to take 3 a day (for a total of 3000 mg) then only take one pill. Hope that makes sense!!

Alexis2007
May 19th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Yep, thank you!!