PDA

View Full Version : Macy or Lilah?

Falling2Grace
July 4th, 2013, 08:17 PM
We have finally gotten our sweet baby girl on board. I am almost 32 weeks and id like to settle on a name (though im guessing that wont really be solidified until birth anyways) but im a planner by nature. For a while we had the name Macy Victoria picked out. Victoria is after my eldest sister and reguardless of whatever we choose for the first name, the middle name WILL be Victoria. I really like Macy but part of me is having a lot of second thoughts about it. I want something super girly (since i have two boys already, Isaiah and Elliot). Which it is. And i do really like it, but ive been searching high and low but something just doesn't seem satisfied for me. Well i ran across the name Lilah (lie-LAH) and im really loving it. I love flowery/nature names but all of the good ones seem to be overly popular and i hated growing up with a popular name! I love Lilly but will never bring myself to name her that bc it is just overused here and then i got to thinking about Lilah and that is a variation of Lily but also different. So we have the name narrowed down to either Macy or Lilah but im so indescive. Which do you think sounds better or goes better?

Lilah Victoria

or

Macy Victoria

HopeandDreamG
July 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Lilah for sure. You could call her lily if you wanted too. Don't love Macy.

XXPlease
July 5th, 2013, 01:12 AM
What she said I prefer Lilah and if you ask me it is a lot more girly than Macy I personally don't think Macy is a "girly" sounding name is it a girls name yes but girly I don't really think so good luck! Also if you have never heard of it Lilia is a good alternative to Lilly also!

sushikitty
July 5th, 2013, 03:04 AM
For three years I have been wanting to name our next daughter Lila or Lilah. So you already know what my vote is! :)

lily girl
July 5th, 2013, 06:49 AM
I actually like both, but if I had to choose one I'd lean slightly more towards Lilah.

Meisje
July 5th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Yesh, I'd lean more towards Lilah as well. Lila is also nice, and what about Livia? These names are more girly to me than Macy.

Good luck, and just a little more weeks untill you can finally hold her!

Petal
July 5th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I like Lilah or Lila x

HopeandDreamG
July 5th, 2013, 02:20 PM
What about laci?

fish2012
July 9th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Lilah all the way not a fan of macy I have to admit

eenymeeny
July 9th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I voted Lilah but Lila without the h is far, far prettier. In Australia adding an h at the end of a name for no reason has a reputation as being extremely 'bogan' (trashy/lower class) although this could be completely different in other countries and just a cultural difference, but something to be aware of before naming a person I guess. Lila Victoria is really nice. The suggestion of Laci is nice too.

HopeandDreamG
July 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I voted Lilah but Lila without the h is far, far prettier. In Australia adding an h at the end of a name for no reason has a reputation as being extremely 'bogan' (trashy/lower class) although this could be completely different in other countries and just a cultural difference, but something to be aware of before naming a person I guess. Lila Victoria is really nice. The suggestion of Laci is nice too.

Interesting. Here in the US that's not true. I just don't like added letters like Sarah vs Sara. There's no reason for the H! Interesting to know how it's thought of other places!!

Falling2Grace
July 9th, 2013, 09:56 PM
It is interesting to see the cultural variances.

I know Lila is the usual spelling, but for me it just seems like it's missing a letter. I dont know why. I think the "h" at the end helped me (and others IRL life ive shown the name to) pronounce it correctly as lie-lah. Whereas when i showed them without the "h" they were saying it lil-a.

Ive considered Lacy, but im not really a fan...guess im too picky lol

ohboy
July 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Love Macy Victoria :)

Dreamofpink
July 10th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Interesting. Here in the US that's not true. I just don't like added letters like Sarah vs Sara. There's no reason for the H! Interesting to know how it's thought of other places!!

Lol! I'm a Sarah and without the 'h' in the UK I'd called Saa-ra as opposed to Ser-a. I have Fleetwood Mac to thank for my name & my parents for the spelling. I wanted to spell it Saira as a teen and my mum was not at all impressed! Spellings are sooo subjective :D

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Mrsandmama
July 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Macy

meeks32
July 25th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Lilah!!! I love it. I know a Lilah and from the moment she was born I just loved the name, but cant use it myself!

Falling2Grace
July 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM
So total change of plans, but thinking this will work best with my boys' names....Eva Victoria it is...knock on wood we dont change it again lol