PDA

View Full Version : bsd/cot drink

daisyfay311
May 5th, 2011, 08:06 PM
So I did my first bsd/cot drink tonight (1 tsp cot, 1/2 tsp bs, 4 oz. of water) and um, wow. HOW do you ladies drink that? It was AWFUL. I really thought I was going to be sick. There was only 4 oz. and I didn't even make it all the way through. DH tried it though and he actually kind of liked it. Weirdo. :)

So do I just have no chance without this drink? I think I can force down a couple of ounces a day but that's probably about it. I ordered some ASG but it isn't here yet and DH said it will probably taste the same.

I am anticipating O'ing probably in about 10-11 days so I'm going to try my best to get some down....just wondering if there was no chance without it.

Also, since DH likes it, will it help for him to drink it? He hasn't been doing much in the swaying department other than taking some supplements and eating a few boy friendly foods, definitely not the whole diet.

begonia
May 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Yes, it will help DH, so have him go for it ... it'll raise his pH and potassium levels.

ASG tastes WAY, WAY, WAY better! It is *almost* enjoyable! You will be amazed :-)

I didn't do the COT as I get plenty thru diet, but BSD I found easier if I did 1/2 tsp at a time, a big splash of lemon juice, and the 4 oz water. I really did throw up the 1st time I tried it w/o any lemon in there, but with the juice (I've also mixed it into 1/2 water, 1/2 apple juice) I find it tolerable. I just eat something straight after to get the taste out of my mouth.

daisyfay311
May 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks begonia! :) So do you think it would be okay to put the bs in with my lemon juice/green tea?

daisyfay311
May 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Ah! :) I just tried it with apple juice and what a difference!!! I guess that is still okay to do?

THANKS!

TTC5
May 5th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Have you tried urals? Very similiar but have heard taste better?

daisyfay311
May 6th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I would have to order Ural from Australia I guess? Maybe if I don't get pregnant this cycle I'll do that.

gizmo77
May 6th, 2011, 10:29 AM
question...why is it suggested to put BS in a COT drink...cant you just drink the COT with water? as i understand COT is a potassium drink.
and then just do BSD (alkaline drink) separate.

Flava
May 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
question...why is it suggested to put BS in a COT drink...cant you just drink the COT with water? as i understand COT is a potassium drink.

I guess just so you get over it and don't have to drink 2 drinks...?
I hate BS drinks to how can your DH like it ?lol Have to drink it very fast and drink juice right after it. omg I don't want to start bsd...:worry:

begonia
May 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Glad I could help, Daisyfay! When you get the ASG you'll see what I'm saying ... I almost enjoy it :-) But yes, it is totally fine to do BSD in your lemon water/green tea drink too.

Flava is right, Gizmo ... they can be combined just so you don't have to do 2x the drinks. It doesn't help with effectiveness or anything. Purely for convenience.

gizmo77
May 6th, 2011, 02:13 PM
got it thx guys. yeah i have to drink that bsd FAST, over the sink, in case some dribbles out, which i allowed! (at least on the test run!)

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I would have to order Ural from Australia I guess? Maybe if I don't get pregnant this cycle I'll do that.

It is also known as cystitis relief, ural is a "brand" name x

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:36 AM
So I did my first bsd/cot drink tonight (1 tsp cot, 1/2 tsp bs, 4 oz. of water) and um, wow. HOW do you ladies drink that? It was AWFUL. I really thought I was going to be sick. There was only 4 oz. and I didn't even make it all the way through. DH tried it though and he actually kind of liked it. Weirdo. :)

So do I just have no chance without this drink? I think I can force down a couple of ounces a day but that's probably about it. I ordered some ASG but it isn't here yet and DH said it will probably taste the same.

I am anticipating O'ing probably in about 10-11 days so I'm going to try my best to get some down....just wondering if there was no chance without it.

Also, since DH likes it, will it help for him to drink it? He hasn't been doing much in the swaying department other than taking some supplements and eating a few boy friendly foods, definitely not the whole diet.

I promise you I have never in my life drunk baking soda or COT and it has not prevented me from having 4 boys! I promise that of all the boys who have ever been born on the planet, the vast majority were born without the benefit of BS and COT.

I wouldn't drink it either!! YUK. IF DH likes it and it makes you feel good, then he can drink it if he wants, although I much rather you guys get potassium through diet rather than supplementation because messing around with potassium can be dangerous for your health (and baking soda is not really great for you either.)

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Yes, it will help DH, so have him go for it ... it'll raise his pH and potassium levels.

ASG tastes WAY, WAY, WAY better! It is *almost* enjoyable! You will be amazed :-)

I didn't do the COT as I get plenty thru diet, but BSD I found easier if I did 1/2 tsp at a time, a big splash of lemon juice, and the 4 oz water. I really did throw up the 1st time I tried it w/o any lemon in there, but with the juice (I've also mixed it into 1/2 water, 1/2 apple juice) I find it tolerable. I just eat something straight after to get the taste out of my mouth.

Just a clarification, you should only ever drink BS in 1/2 tsp at a time. Don't ever drink more than 1/2 tsp at once!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Ah! :) I just tried it with apple juice and what a difference!!! I guess that is still okay to do?

THANKS!

YES by all means, you can mix and match drinks however you like!! The only things I wouldn't mix are baking soda with the apple cider vinegar because you will get a volcano!

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM

Just so you don't have to drink a bazillion gallons of liquid.

My Fabulous Children
May 9th, 2011, 11:48 PM

I know its AWFUL!!! I mix 1tsp cot, 1 tsp of bs in 4oz water, I do this twice a day and that's what I did with my DS. I think ASG taste way better then BS. Try it.

ETA - this is atomic and I usually don't edit other people's posts BUT it's not safe to drink 1 tsp. of baking soda at a time. ONLY drink 1/2 teaspoon at a time.

My Fabulous Children
May 9th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I guess just so you get over it and don't have to drink 2 drinks...?
I hate BS drinks to how can your DH like it ?lol Have to drink it very fast and drink juice right after it. omg I don't want to start bsd...:worry:

I agree JUST to get over with ..I think its great idea to drink them together.
I drink it fast then I drink juice or water, its sooo nasty it make me feel so sick.

My Fabulous Children
May 9th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Just a clarification, you should only ever drink BS in 1/2 tsp at a time. Don't ever drink more than 1/2 tsp at once!!!!!

OMG I do 1 tsp at once. I been doing that always even with my successful boy sway :suprise::worry:

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
It says right on the box of Arm and Hammer not to drink that much, so please consider cutting back. It can give you stomach ulcers.