PDA

View Full Version : the boy diet and gaining weight

gizmo77
May 6th, 2011, 10:45 AM
if im going to start 2-3 mos in advance before i sway boy...ami going to get FAT!?!?!? i know it says 3-5 pounds, but this is something that scares me. me and carbs dont work well together. i really dont care if i gain that weight, but if i dont get pg 1st attempt and i have to keep going..how much potatoes and carbs can i EAT!?!??!
im gunna become a hippo.

currently, im trying to lose weight so that ill have some room to gain..hope THAT doesnt effect the sway.

man i feel fat already thinking of all the yummy foods i get to eat to sway boy!

My3girls
May 6th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I have been on the diet since Jan. 1st, I have gained about 10 lbs. I think I'm the only one who can tell.

Flava
May 6th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I don't want to put on much weight it did not worked for me before so why get fat again right? But I don't know how can we put on only 3-5 lbs if we suppose to eat like an elephant?? It's just dose not add up...Anyway I plan to eat often but not much like half banana, 1 tomato, some nuts, some dates so on .I think it's good this way atomic said we have to keep blood sugar even and this way I can do that and don't eat way to much.

gizmo77
May 6th, 2011, 02:17 PM
i was thinking that too, watching my carb intake (just the bare minimum per meal) and eat frequently. i do plan on lifting weights tho usually cardio works better to maintain weight for me. oh well, guess ill do ANYTHING for a boy!!!
guess i can handle 10 lbs..;-) i totally cant see me ONLY gaining 3-5lbs either..

daisyfay311
May 6th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I've only been on the diet for five weeks or so and I gained 8 lbs. Big difference for me.

That's actually one reason I'm anxious to try this month rather than putting it off for several months, I can't keep this up, I will have to buy all new clothes and be a whale.

TTC5
May 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I am fat =(

My Fabulous Children
May 7th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I am SO FAT because of the diet :( I've gained a lot of weight and I deicde to take a break after one more try!

iluvmyman
May 7th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I didn't lose it from DS2 and have added at least a couple pounds since then too. Nice muffin top and back fat. It sucks since I've always been really skinny.

If you're working out you s/b building muscle weight, so that should be great....unfortunately, this in not how I've gained weight. :)

I've been eating a really big breakfast and I used to pretty much skip breakfast so that has added weight alone. The amount of bacon and summer sausage I've consumed on this diet, my oh my. I just want to go back to eating like normal. I so hope we get a BFP and I can be done w/ the diet. It's not a horrible diet, I just want to eat what I want to eat. Of coarse if we do get BFP's then we kinda have to eat really well and I still won't get to eat what we want to eat. It's funny how even thinking of having children makes us start sacrificing. We all know that doesn't end. AHhhh to be selfish again.

For our Anniversary this year, the In-laws watched the kids for the weekend, and DH and I stayed in bed all weekend and watched t.v.. It was so nice and so short. What a blessing though. OK, I'm way too tired, I'm all over the place w/ this post. I need to go to bed.

iluvmyman
May 7th, 2011, 03:10 AM
This seems like a good link from Lance Armstrong's website about stabelizing blood sugar but it's also to lose weight so might not be that good. I think it's always good to have protein w/ meals too. Oh well here you go and I'll be going to bed now.

"Stabilizing the blood sugar through proper diet can lead to increased energy, weight loss and a sense of control over daily choices. Food should be taken in every 3 to 4 hours to stabilize glucose levels. Concentrate on macronutrients, protein, carbohydrates, and fat. Revolution Health explains that to keep your blood glucose levels near normal, you need to balance your food intake, insulin level and physical activity."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/219347-food-that-will-keep-your-blood-sugar-up-help-you-lose-weight/#ixzz1LeEOXeUj

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 09:29 AM
And all this salt is no good for my fluid retention lol

iyamaryam
May 7th, 2011, 12:05 PM
And all this salt is no good for my fluid retention lolYou can say that again, I gained 30lbs from the diet and salt, and if you ask me I really think it was all that sodium I was consuming:sad:.I looked pregnant way b4 I got a bfp:(

Flava
May 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I also do exercise and using the dumbells for like 30 min. 5 days /week for now. I love salt so that's ok. Oh I just really hope it will work this time!:sad:

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 02:59 PM
if im going to start 2-3 mos in advance before i sway boy...ami going to get FAT!?!?!? i know it says 3-5 pounds, but this is something that scares me. me and carbs dont work well together. i really dont care if i gain that weight, but if i dont get pg 1st attempt and i have to keep going..how much potatoes and carbs can i EAT!?!??!
im gunna become a hippo.

currently, im trying to lose weight so that ill have some room to gain..hope THAT doesnt effect the sway.

man i feel fat already thinking of all the yummy foods i get to eat to sway boy!

You have to eat smarter and pick foods that are going to work for you on a lot of different levels. Like instead of eating a doughnut and bacon for breakfast you should have something like nuts and a couple of dates - still protein and carbs but not the empty calories. And like when I say you should have protein and carbs for a snack, use juice AS a carb and you kill two birds with one stone. There is nothing wrong with small portions either.

If you are lifting weights, you will add muscle rather than fat and that is what you want (although a little fat won't hurt).

I also strongly urge people to forgo too much of the timing and pH stuff that keeps you from getting pg because then you end up having to stay on the diet FOREVER. Even if it means you have to do more than one attempt to up your odds of pg, yes that's not what Shettles said to do but Shettles was wrong.

I know it is hard for people to believe but some of us who have boys really DO eat like this all the time. If you read the thread where TTC5 is listing all the things she eats every day, that is how I eat!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I don't want to put on much weight it did not worked for me before so why get fat again right? But I don't know how can we put on only 3-5 lbs if we suppose to eat like an elephant?? It's just dose not add up...Anyway I plan to eat often but not much like half banana, 1 tomato, some nuts, some dates so on .I think it's good this way atomic said we have to keep blood sugar even and this way I can do that and don't eat way to much.

That would be perfect Flava - just aim for protein + carbs at each meal and snack, it doesn't have to be gargantuan portions, and if you're lifting weights it will help more than you might think.

Hobbermittens
May 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Okay, I just came on here to make a post just like this!! I am already heavy, but I will be HUMONGOUS if I keep eating like this until October! I have been exercising, but apparently it isn't doing enough. I wanted to try to lose weight and then gain some back, but I am afraid I will screw up the sway with my weight loss... which is worse, t be fat as a house, or to have lost a little a few months before swaying??

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I think you need to stop and wait until closer to your actual attempt unfortunately.

Prob. better to lose a few now (even though this is not what I told you before) and then gain them back. I don't think I realized you weren't trying until October?!?

Hobbermittens
May 7th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I think you need to stop and wait until closer to your actual attempt unfortunately.

Prob. better to lose a few now (even though this is not what I told you before) and then gain them back. I don't think I realized you weren't trying until October?!?

We decided to TTC in Oct because it is the magic BOY month. I have a few things going on this summer, for which I would like to not be a giant fat ass (my highschool reunion for one), so I am glad to get the go ahead to lose a little. If I am exercising and eating healthy, I hopefully will lose a few lbs. When should I stop losing and start gaining? July? August?

And what are your feelings on the Atkins diet? I never thought I would try it, but it gets quick results, and then gaining back will definitely happen once I get carbs back into the picture....

My Fabulous Children
May 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
You can say that again, I gained 30lbs from the diet and salt, and if you ask me I really think it was all that sodium I was consuming:sad:.I looked pregnant way b4 I got a bfp:(
That's me now :( ..I look like a pregnant woman , but I'm not. Ugh.

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I have lil pot belly too lol look about 12 weeks already haha god forbid when I get a bfp and IF I do have twins again, lol.

iluvmyman
May 7th, 2011, 10:46 PM
This is a great link from Atomic's Sticky

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1592-when-and-how-to-eat-your-meals-for-TTC-Blue!

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:45 AM
We decided to TTC in Oct because it is the magic BOY month. I have a few things going on this summer, for which I would like to not be a giant fat ass (my highschool reunion for one), so I am glad to get the go ahead to lose a little. If I am exercising and eating healthy, I hopefully will lose a few lbs. When should I stop losing and start gaining? July? August?

And what are your feelings on the Atkins diet? I never thought I would try it, but it gets quick results, and then gaining back will definitely happen once I get carbs back into the picture....

I think the Atkins diet is a great choice because it may help keep your muscle mass up and T levels high even though your'e losing weight. HMMM I am coming up with a new plan so thank you very much for asking this because it made my thinking go in a new direction - this could be a good idea for any blue swayers who need to lose some weight. Make sure you are lifting weights THE WHOLE TIME you are losing, lifting weights will only help your sway no matter how far in advance you do it. Plus it will help you rock your HS reunion!!

For gaining a few, just wait until 6 weeks before, jsut like the reg. diet.

Hobbermittens
May 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I think the Atkins diet is a great choice because it may help keep your muscle mass up and T levels high even though your'e losing weight. HMMM I am coming up with a new plan so thank you very much for asking this because it made my thinking go in a new direction - this could be a good idea for any blue swayers who need to lose some weight. Make sure you are lifting weights THE WHOLE TIME you are losing, lifting weights will only help your sway no matter how far in advance you do it. Plus it will help you rock your HS reunion!!

For gaining a few, just wait until 6 weeks before, jsut like the reg. diet.

Okay. I have 3 other questions, if you don't mind... 1) DH is a little heavy too, and he agreed to do the Atkins with me (yay!) but he shouldn't gain back weight, right (at least not when we are TTC)? 2) Also, in another post, I asked when to start the diet and I think someone said 90 days before is best, because of the lifespan of the egg...? Is 6 weeks really enough? 3) for exercise, I have been doing a stair stepping machine, and using 2LB weights with my arms at the same time (hopefully working up to 5LB weights). Is this enough?

Thanks for answering all this, Atomic!!

And sorry for hijacking the thread...:oops:

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
No worries, I like hijacked threads because they are almost always loaded with info.

1)Yes, it's good for DH to lose weight and he shouldn't gain it back, either. He CAN (and in fact should) lift weights right along with you and if he gains lbs of muscle, that is fine.

2)90 days is the life of the egg, yes, it is true. I believe the FGD says 2 1/2 months. Testosterone also takes some time to go up. So if you want to be conservative then you can start the diet 90 days in advance BUT the thing of it is, the boy diet is not very healthy in terms of sodium intake and also weight gain so it seems that 6 weeks is better for those things (6 weeks is also plenty of time for blood sugar and alkalinity) esp. if you have weight issues. It's not all or nothing though, I can envision someone starting to up their protein intake and beginning some of the supps at 90 days and then waiting for the 6 week mark to begin really hitting it hard on diet and the more extreme supps.

3)I think your exercise looks great, I hope you're doing 45 minutes 4-5 times a week so you can really have the benefits from it. If you toss in some squats, lunges, and plies with those 2-5 lb weights it will really help raise T.

Hobbermittens
May 8th, 2011, 01:15 PM
No worries, I like hijacked threads because they are almost always loaded with info.

1)Yes, it's good for DH to lose weight and he shouldn't gain it back, either. He CAN (and in fact should) lift weights right along with you and if he gains lbs of muscle, that is fine.

2)90 days is the life of the egg, yes, it is true. I believe the FGD says 2 1/2 months. Testosterone also takes some time to go up. So if you want to be conservative then you can start the diet 90 days in advance BUT the thing of it is, the boy diet is not very healthy in terms of sodium intake and also weight gain so it seems that 6 weeks is better for those things (6 weeks is also plenty of time for blood sugar and alkalinity) esp. if you have weight issues. It's not all or nothing though, I can envision someone starting to up their protein intake and beginning some of the supps at 90 days and then waiting for the 6 week mark to begin really hitting it hard on diet and the more extreme supps.

3)I think your exercise looks great, I hope you're doing 45 minutes 4-5 times a week so you can really have the benefits from it. If you toss in some squats, lunges, and plies with those 2-5 lb weights it will really help raise T.

Wellllll, I have been working up to the 45 min. work out :oops: Right now I am doing 15 min at a time, 2-3 times a week, because I was pretty out of shape. Also, I am about 25 lbs overweight right now, so hopefully I can lose that, or part of it? We will see how long it takes. As far as the 90 days vs. 6 weeks thing, maybe I will try to aim for 2 months, because that is sort of in the middle... that would be beginning of August. That gives me 2.5 months to lose weight--or should the weight loss stop/level out before I start the diet and start gaining??

p.s. What is FGD?

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 11:41 PM
No, I would lose until I could lose no more!! ;) I think more exercise will only help you in both weight loss and raising T.

FGD = French Gender Diet

gizmo77
May 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM

2).

why cant DH gain weight?

gizmo77
May 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I also strongly urge people to forgo too much of the timing and pH stuff that keeps you from getting pg because then you end up having to stay on the diet FOREVER. Even if it means you have to do more than one attempt to up your odds of pg, yes that's not what Shettles said to do but Shettles was wrong.

I know it is hard for people to believe but some of us who have boys really DO eat like this all the time. If you read the thread where TTC5 is listing all the things she eats every day, that is how I eat!!!

so what youre saying is that pH and timing come secondary and the diet (which effects blood sugar levels, minerals, and hormones (and some pH)) is the #1 priority when swaying?

i can see ppl eating the boy diet always i dont think its a HORRIBLE diet in general (except the salt) but it just depends on your individual body type and metabolism. some ppl can handle carbs..i cant!!! ;-)

i still 'studying' and taking notes on all the basic ideas of swaying boys. ill probably come up with a meal plan with measurements and all that and see what you all think! unless someones ready done that? (including portions/measurements/weights).

gizmo77
May 9th, 2011, 02:03 PM
We decided to TTC in Oct because it is the magic BOY month. ....

i decided oct too. moved it from sept. sad bc i have to wait one month longer..when i want one NOW!!! ;-)

gizmo77
May 9th, 2011, 02:20 PM
If you read the thread where TTC5 is listing all the things she eats every day, that is how I eat!!!

here it is:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?3069-An-average-day-for-you

is this what you meant?
thx for this TTC5 btw!! :-)

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM
why cant DH gain weight?

Body fat raises estrogen, and higher estrogen in men is believed to sway pink. I also believe that higher body fat in men lowers sperm count and everything that lowers sperm count sways pink.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
so what youre saying is that pH and timing come secondary and the diet (which effects blood sugar levels, minerals, and hormones (and some pH)) is the #1 priority when swaying?

i can see ppl eating the boy diet always i dont think its a HORRIBLE diet in general (except the salt) but it just depends on your individual body type and metabolism. some ppl can handle carbs..i cant!!! ;-)

i still 'studying' and taking notes on all the basic ideas of swaying boys. ill probably come up with a meal plan with measurements and all that and see what you all think! unless someones ready done that? (including portions/measurements/weights).

Yes, what I am saying is if you HATE the diet and it is killing you and you just know you're going to cheat and/or give up, then WHY stick to things that are not proven to sway. Timing, douching, these things don't have anywhere near the huge body of consistent evidence supporting them that diet does and they are keeping people from getting pregnant...I'm jsut saying it makes a heck of a lot more sense to me to hit it hard on the diet and only have to stick with it for a few weeks, rather than preventing yourself from getting pg for 4 months because of timing/pH, in the meantime possibly cheating a lot or even giving up on diet all together.

This is more true for the girl dieters because the girl diet is pure hell, but then again I know there are a lot of people who think the boy diet is also pure hell!!

I will try to put together a diet plan just for the High-Everything style of diet but NBP has already posted the French Gender Diet in the paid members only section (we had to do it that way because of copyright) so if you need menus, portions, measurements, etc, you can find them there.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM
There is also this thread here where a lot of us boy moms sounded off about what we ate and how much. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1890-How-we-got-our-boys!

Hobbermittens
May 14th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Holy crap. This Atkins diet is HARD!! On day 4 and struggling!!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Holy crap. This Atkins diet is HARD!! On day 4 and struggling!!!!!!

Hobber, Atkins made me super sick with heart palps, and I had to go off it after only 3 days!

PS - try a potassium supp, it helps.

Hobbermittens
May 14th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Hobber, Atkins made me super sick with heart palps, and I had to go off it after only 3 days!

PS - try a potassium supp, it helps.

thanks! I will try it. I am having trouble with the eliminating carbs...I didn't realize until now exactly HOW MUCH (how many?) Carbs I ate.

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Oh I KNOW. Even stuff like ketchup and BBQ sauce is forbidden...nothing like trying to chaw down a dry-ass chicken breast slathered with Dijon mustard (shudder). Honestly I was kinda glad when I got sick because it was a handy excuse to quit.

Hobbermittens
May 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Oh I KNOW. Even stuff like ketchup and BBQ sauce is forbidden...nothing like trying to chaw down a dry-ass chicken breast slathered with Dijon mustard (shudder).

HA ha!! YES!! Right now I am eating salami smeared with cream cheese with a pickle rolled up inside. I already sick of everything. BUT! I have already lost 3 lbs!!

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM
That is great! Keep it up!!!

CapricornAquarius
May 15th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Atomic, so anything that lowers sperm count sways pink, I told my husband he must stop smoking, he's not a big smoker, but I dont care how many he smokes its still smoking, he said he's not ready to quit, so I was wondering if we ttc in August & if he were to stop smoking atleast 2-3weeks before, would that help his sperm at all? Or would he have to stop smoking months in advance?

LolaInLove
May 16th, 2011, 12:10 PM
You can say that again, I gained 30lbs from the diet and salt, and if you ask me I really think it was all that sodium I was consuming:sad:.I looked pregnant way b4 I got a bfp:(

ME!!! I have gained 28lbs since started swaying last July. I am currently taking a break and trying to lose 10lbs during the next month, but then I may go back on it just a bit, like Flava said, eating just little bits. It's the sodium and the carbs (potatoes) I was eating. But hey, iyam, looks like it paid off for you!

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hey, it can't hurt. There's no data about it but I figure even a little change like that may make all the difference. His sperm does take 72 days to form so it's unlikely that it will make tons of difference, but still.

My husband really ticked me off because he just decided to start smoking a pipe...it's like, couldn't you have done this 4 years ago when I might have gotten a girl out of the deal!!! ;)

LolaInLove
May 16th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Atomic, thanks for the advice here....I have been thinking I would do like Hobber and lose some of the weight during this month and June, then hit the diet again (with less portions and better choices, like you said) at the begging of July so we can ttc again mid-August, giving me 6 weeks. I was working out a ton when I conceived the girls, and for some reason, I keep thinking the lack of working out now (mostly due to working so much) is hindering my fertility. So, adding in some working out also, going to do cardio and weights, then drop cardio in July.....sound like a plan or am I off base with anything?

gizmo77
May 16th, 2011, 02:51 PM
HA ha!! YES!! Right now I am eating salami smeared with cream cheese with a pickle rolled up inside. I already sick of everything. BUT! I have already lost 3 lbs!!

i got sick with south beach 9(same mentality)..what worked for was gradually decreasing carbs REAL slow...i wouldnt get sick that way, blood glucose levels werent as shocked, but i guess thats if you have time! even now after 1-2 months are finally being off of carbs 95%, i still get low blood sugar jitters if i dont eat after like 2-3 hrs...

iluvmyman
May 16th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Atomic, so anything that lowers sperm count sways pink, I told my husband he must stop smoking, he's not a big smoker, but I dont care how many he smokes its still smoking, he said he's not ready to quit, so I was wondering if we ttc in August & if he were to stop smoking atleast 2-3weeks before, would that help his sperm at all? Or would he have to stop smoking months in advance?

My DH has been smoking for years and goes on and off quitting. DH was smoking w/ DS2 at least if not the last 3 of my children. The not smoking is a hard one since I have no control over DH on it, and neither does he for that matter. If it's anything like me quitting coffee, I don't know that he'll ever be able to stop.

iluvmyman
May 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hey, it can't hurt. There's no data about it but I figure even a little change like that may make all the difference. His sperm does take 72 days to form so it's unlikely that it will make tons of difference, but still.

My husband really ticked me off because he just decided to start smoking a pipe...it's like, couldn't you have done this 4 years ago when I might have gotten a girl out of the deal!!! ;)

One more reason to smack 'em. Just kidding, that made me laugh, I have a sick sense of humor. Husbands! :sigh:

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Atomic, thanks for the advice here....I have been thinking I would do like Hobber and lose some of the weight during this month and June, then hit the diet again (with less portions and better choices, like you said) at the begging of July so we can ttc again mid-August, giving me 6 weeks. I was working out a ton when I conceived the girls, and for some reason, I keep thinking the lack of working out now (mostly due to working so much) is hindering my fertility. So, adding in some working out also, going to do cardio and weights, then drop cardio in July.....sound like a plan or am I off base with anything?

I think that's fine if you keep the working out to sane levels! Try to keep eating an ample supply of protein as you lose though.

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2011, 10:41 AM
My DH has been smoking for years and goes on and off quitting. DH was smoking w/ DS2 at least if not the last 3 of my children. The not smoking is a hard one since I have no control over DH on it, and neither does he for that matter. If it's anything like me quitting coffee, I don't know that he'll ever be able to stop.

Control the controllable and let the rest of it go with a prayer! I know plenty of women whose husbands smoked who have boys. That's what some of those supps are supposed to do, repair any damage that the smoking (or anything else) may cause.

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2011, 10:52 AM
i got sick with south beach 9(same mentality)..what worked for was gradually decreasing carbs REAL slow...i wouldnt get sick that way, blood glucose levels werent as shocked, but i guess thats if you have time! even now after 1-2 months are finally being off of carbs 95%, i still get low blood sugar jitters if i dont eat after like 2-3 hrs...

Thank you that is great advice!!

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2011, 10:53 AM
One more reason to smack 'em. Just kidding, that made me laugh, I have a sick sense of humor. Husbands! :sigh:

Yeah, I thought it was hilarious myself!!!

LolaInLove
May 17th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I think that's fine if you keep the working out to sane levels! Try to keep eating an ample supply of protein as you lose though.

Thank you! I won't go overboard with it anyway, I have no time to work out as it is! I am going to be an Atkins buddy with Hobber, so will be eating plenty of proteins. I'll add back in some carbs when I am "on the diet" again. I figure Atkins is pretty boy-friendly with all of the protein.

Hobbermittens
May 17th, 2011, 07:45 PM
His sperm does take 72 days to form so it's unlikely that it will make tons of difference, but still.

My DH smokes "special cigarettes" and there is NO way he will stop for 72 days! I made him stop for a few weeks while TTC our son, but he never stopped when we conceived the girls (they were oopses) so I hope the 2 weeks of quitting will be okay for us again...?

iluvmyman
May 18th, 2011, 01:01 AM
My DH smokes "special cigarettes" and there is NO way he will stop for 72 days! I made him stop for a few weeks while TTC our son, but he never stopped when we conceived the girls (they were oopses) so I hope the 2 weeks of quitting will be okay for us again...?

Shhhh...my DH does too. How does the "Special stuff" sway? Maybe it will work in our favor. :) We can only hope, right. There's no controlling them......still with the smacking though, right Atomic. Just kidding, my DH is way bigger and stronger than I am.

LolaInLove
May 18th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I hate to tell you girls this, but my ex-Dh did when we conceived our girls...not that that means anything, but I am pretty sure it is bad for sperm count. It's pretty bad for sperm all around, but ya know, lots of healthy babies are born to those who smoke "special" stuff all the time. Interesting that your girls came about when he didn't quit and your son was conceived when he did, Hobbers.

LolaInLove
May 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
My DH smoked a few cigs a day, just regular ones :wink: and I told him that he must quit in the next week for August ttc or I'm not doing it again. He knows I'm serious! I'm so not a nagger or anything, but he needs to anyway, it is not helpful to him as a dancer except for being thin, which I think he'd be anyway. You guys would never believe that almost all of our ballet dancers, girls included, smoke to stay thin.

gizmo77
May 18th, 2011, 12:15 PM
. You guys would never believe that almost all of our ballet dancers, girls included, smoke to stay thin.

VERY interesting!! :-)

gizmo77
May 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
My DH smokes "special cigarettes" ...?

wish i had some special cigarettes...esply with all this swaying and when im done TTCing for life at least!

ELP
May 18th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Shhhh...my DH does too. How does the "Special stuff" sway? Maybe it will work in our favor. :) We can only hope, right. There's no controlling them......still with the smacking though, right Atomic. Just kidding, my DH is way bigger and stronger than I am.
My DH has been in this club also for the past 6 year's (3 girls) I'm sure there is an article around somewhere about how the special stuff freezes male sperm. I will try and track it down but I don't hold out much hope of finding it, sorry ladies.

ELP
May 18th, 2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-188394/Cannabis-link-male-fertility.html
heres a recent newspaper article on the affects on male testosterone, I think I may have to skip this month and have a chat with DH, hmmm.

Marijuana and Fertility

Marijuana use has long been thought to play a role in both female and male infertility. However, it is only in the past few years that any research supporting this theory has become available. According to a study performed in 2003, regular cannabis smoking can have serious effects on male infertility including:

lowered sperm count
decreased volume of seminal fluid
poor sperm motility
Additionally, those sperm that do enter the vaginal canal tend to be over stimulated as a result of the active ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This causes sperm to slow down when they approach the egg, and, as a result, they are unable to break through the egg's outer casing.

I think we may need a whole new thread on this subject.:worry:

gizmo77
May 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-188394/Cannabis-link-male-fertility.html
heres a recent newspaper article on the affects on male testosterone, I think I may have to skip this month and have a chat with DH, hmmm.

Marijuana and Fertility:

anyone i know who does this regularly has only girls (not that i know so many guys that do this...so really like 2 couples!)

Hobbermittens
May 18th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Additionally, those sperm that do enter the vaginal canal tend to be over stimulated as a result of the active ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This causes sperm to slow down when they approach the egg, and, as a result, they are unable to break through the egg's outer casing.

\Well, here's the thing--we have never had a problem getting pregnant, so he must have some good swimmers. We had two "one hit wonders" and both of them were girls. Interestingly enough, when we were trying to get pregnant (and he wasn't smoking) it took us 3 tries! We weren't swaying or anything, it just happened on the 3rd month for whatever reason.

I will add that someone who I know that smokes way more than DH has 2 boys and no girls, so who knows.

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Thank you! I won't go overboard with it anyway, I have no time to work out as it is! I am going to be an Atkins buddy with Hobber, so will be eating plenty of proteins. I'll add back in some carbs when I am "on the diet" again. I figure Atkins is pretty boy-friendly with all of the protein.

The weird thing is, I've heard from a lot of people on Atkins who conceive girls. I think it does something to the blood sugar levels that is pink friendly. So like you said, just be sure to go off it and restart the carbs before swaying. Good plan!!

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2011, 10:31 AM

Yes, it's best for him to quit as far in advance of TTC as possible. Special cigs do def. sway pink (thank you Lola for the fab answer!!) BUT that having been said, I know of at least one IG girl whose hubs smoked them when they conceived a boy. Our neighbors, the DH smokes them and they have two girls and a boy, so it is def. possible.

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM

Well that's another reason to lift weights then - you can overpower him and take his special cigs away!!! ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Marijuana and Fertility

Marijuana use has long been thought to play a role in both female and male infertility. However, it is only in the past few years that any research supporting this theory has become available. According to a study performed in 2003, regular cannabis smoking can have serious effects on male infertility including:

lowered sperm count
poor sperm motility

Thank you for posting this! Excellent info and you are right, we need a thread/essay just for this topic.

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2011, 10:50 AM
\Well, here's the thing--we have never had a problem getting pregnant, so he must have some good swimmers. We had two "one hit wonders" and both of them were girls. Interestingly enough, when we were trying to get pregnant (and he wasn't smoking) it took us 3 tries! We weren't swaying or anything, it just happened on the 3rd month for whatever reason.

I will add that someone who I know that smokes way more than DH has 2 boys and no girls, so who knows.

Of course nothing is 100% and there are plenty of people who smoke and never get lung cancer too. ;)

For sure he does still have good swimmers! A lot of people get pg with girls on the first shot. I really do think there's a "sweet spot" where you're still fertile but just more girl friendly.

LolaInLove
May 19th, 2011, 11:08 AM
This is my thinking on the cigs of any kind: when you're talking about ttc, it's best practice to not smoke anything, both partners. But, DHs are a lot more daft about this kind of thing, especially the ones who already have kids. I think they figure they made some babies before, why would it be different now? There are so many factors at play when you think about conceiving one gender or the other....so many "sway" factors and then there is just plain chance! Like, throw a million red balls and a million blue balls into a big pit and see which one gets in the "special hole" first, kwim? I like to think of things in the "best odds" way, like the good old What to Expect books with the diet. That's pretty much why I can't tolerate my DH smoking at all anymore, it just seems like an idiotic thing to do in our position, and he thankfully gets that.

But Gizmo, I agree with you, after I have another kid at 36 and have 2 older ones and a full-time crazy job, and am done bfing, I might need to hunt me down some special cigs myself! :smoke: LOL

Hobbermittens
May 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM
For sure he does still have good swimmers! A lot of people get pg with girls on the first shot. I really do think there's a "sweet spot" where you're still fertile but just more girl friendly.
How do I get out of that "sweet spot"? Help! I asked DH if he would stop his habit for a few months, and he laughed. His exact words were, "I will stop for a day, and then you can multiply it by 72.":sigh:

begonia
May 19th, 2011, 02:17 PM
How do I get out of that "sweet spot"? Help! I asked DH if he would stop his habit for a few months, and he laughed. His exact words were, "I will stop for a day, and then you can multiply it by 72.":sigh:

Did you hit him with a frying pan or just your fist? :hair:

Anyhow, this is interesting info. Maybe I should hope that this time TTC takes me awhile since both my girls came so easily ...

LolaInLove
May 20th, 2011, 01:12 PM

Well, I think that the best you can do if your DH is not on board is just do everything you can....and hey, worked once for you! Even if he is smoking again, doesn't mean you won't get a boy, ykwim?

Tink18
May 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I am glad I found this one. I am like 5 mins into this site, and this was one of my main worries. The boy diet seems like a college kids diet!! I totally feel like I will pack it on before i get pregnant again. I am only 5'2 so just 5 to 10 lbs is a lot, like a lot of you said you have gained weight on the boy diet. So what can we do to try to avoid that. Plus I read to much cardio is more of a girl sway?? Right. I am still learning so correct me If I am wrong, lol!! Also i was a bit confused was the Atkins thing ok for before or during the sway? Another question? Is how much food is everyone eating? Do you have to eat it in truck loads or can you eat it in small portions all day to keep your metabolism going? Is there a certain way that you have to eat it to ensure your sway? Again, I really new so I have a TON to learn, but the weight was a concern and this jumped out to me! Thanks and good luck to everyone!!

begonia
May 21st, 2011, 10:33 AM
Tink, not too much cardio, correct. Some is OK. Really it depends on what you did when TTC girls and I would do the opposite! For a boy try to do more strength building exercises, like weights.

Atkins is (to my understanding) only being used by some who are still months away from TTC but want to drop a few pounds, while still having high protein diets. In general weight loss sways girl so for these moms it is something they plan to stop at least 6 weeks before TTC.

There is a thread on here re: how much we all eat in a day and it is kind of a lot, LOL! I eat 3 full meals and snack every 1-2 hours with the goal of keeping blood sugar from going on a crazy roller coaster. Eat protein and carbs together. Shoot for 2200+ calories of high nutrient food a day. Hope that helps! There is a TON of info on here. Try looking at the thread Atomic posted that is an index to everything, but always feel comfortable just asking if you can't find something you're looking for ... everyone here is happy to help.

Edited to add a link ... here is where we discuss what a "typical" day is for us with the diet:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?3069-An-average-day-for-you

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM

Just by controlling what YOU personally can control it can bump you out of the sweet spot LOL! Just by you eating right and boosting your EWCM, you go miles towards making sure there are enough healthy Y swimmers to get the job done!!

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2011, 06:10 PM
I am glad I found this one. I am like 5 mins into this site, and this was one of my main worries. The boy diet seems like a college kids diet!! I totally feel like I will pack it on before i get pregnant again. I am only 5'2 so just 5 to 10 lbs is a lot, like a lot of you said you have gained weight on the boy diet. So what can we do to try to avoid that. Plus I read to much cardio is more of a girl sway?? Right. I am still learning so correct me If I am wrong, lol!! Also i was a bit confused was the Atkins thing ok for before or during the sway? Another question? Is how much food is everyone eating? Do you have to eat it in truck loads or can you eat it in small portions all day to keep your metabolism going? Is there a certain way that you have to eat it to ensure your sway? Again, I really new so I have a TON to learn, but the weight was a concern and this jumped out to me! Thanks and good luck to everyone!!

I am working on a "high everything" diet plan for blue that will help get more bang for the buck with nutrients/calories, meaning, it's designed to help you get the most boy-friendly nutrients for the least amount of calories. Give me one more day to work on it and I hope to have it posted tomorrow. (I know I keep making promises on these essays, I wish I had more time to work on them. :()

1) If you're short, you don't have to gain as much weight because a pound on you is a higher percentage of your overall body weight. You should be lifting weights so most of the weight you gain will be in the form of muscle, rather than fat. (but a little fat is also ok.)

2) MODERATE cardio is ok and in fact desirable. (Another site continues to tell people that "cardio sways pink" but this is inaccurate and I know this for a fact, because their info originally came from me when I was on that site and then once I left they tried to simplify it or something.) Overexercise while losing weight on a low protein diet sways pink, but moderate exercise while gaining weight or holding steady, on a higher protein diet sways BLUE. Even cardio exercise, because you DO build muscle with cardio as well. Whatever you do, you should def. lift weights as well.

3) I don't LOVE Atkins for blue quite honestly because any time you cut out an entire class of nutrients, you run the risk of sending a message to your body that times are lean and there's some sort of famine going on, and that is when your body thinks a girl would have a better shot at survival than a boy does. But, it is high in protein so if a person chooses to lose weight on that diet several months prior to swaying, even though it's not what I personally think is best, it's better than nothing but salads and it's also better than gaining too much weight and becoming unhealthy. I don't think anyone should follow the Atkins diet while swaying, no way, no how. Protein + carbs = boys.

4)By all means eat small portions all day long. I think 3 meals + 3 snacks is just right. Just make sure you eat some protein + carbs at every meal and snack.

5)You don't have to eat in any particular pattern. You might find these two links helpful...this was my first attempt at a boy-diet thread but people wanted more guidance and concrete food suggestions, so that's why I'm making an actual diet plan. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1592-when-and-how-to-eat-your-meals-for-TTC-Blue! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?788-TTC-Blue-diet-suggestions-Part-1

iluvmyman
May 22nd, 2011, 06:05 AM

Marijuana and Fertility

lowered sperm count
poor sperm motility

Hmmmmm!!!!!

Hobbermittens
May 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
3) I don't LOVE Atkins for blue quite honestly because any time you cut out an entire class of nutrients, you run the risk of sending a message to your body that times are lean and there's some sort of famine going on, and that is when your body thinks a girl would have a better shot at survival than a boy does. But, it is high in protein so if a person chooses to lose weight on that diet several months prior to swaying, even though it's not what I personally think is best, it's better than nothing but salads and it's also better than gaining too much weight and becoming unhealthy. I don't think anyone should follow the Atkins diet while swaying, no way, no how. Protein + carbs = boys.

Okay, but if I am going to sway in October, and I will start he boy diet/supps in August(possibly July) is that too long to be on Atkins?? I know we have discussed this a bunch, but I am so scared of doing the wrong thing!!!

gizmo77
May 23rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
I am working on a "high everything" diet plan for blue that will help get more bang for the buck with nutrients/calories, meaning, it's designed to help you get the most boy-friendly nutrients for the least amount of calories. Give me one more day to work on it and I hope to have it posted tomorrow. (I know I keep making promises on these essays, I wish I had more time to work on them. :()

1) If you're short, you don't have to gain as much weight because a pound on you is a higher percentage of your overall body weight. You should be lifting weights so most of the weight you gain will be in the form of muscle, rather than fat. (but a little fat is also ok.)

2[/url]

YAY!! cant wait to see the diet plan! i was going to write out my personal plan too with portions. havent come up with it yet. still working on supps and that i think is harder than the diet. thx for that atomic cant wait to see it!!

"1) If you're short, you don't have to gain as much weight because a pound on you is a higher percentage of your overall body weight"

MAKES SENSE. didnt think of that. i am 5'2 as well.

Tink18
May 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Well I would like to add that After reading On IG for a few months and now being here for just a few days I think I makes perfect sense why we had a girl. I am a carb addict. Not a whole lot of fruit of veggies but i do what i can lol! Im a major Chicken eater, cheese lover and sweet eater. I also take claritin D often as I have allergies which I read was a girl swayer. I knew the moment i conceived our daughter and it fell in line with the "better" days for a girls sway. so ya, I guess I am going to have to flip my role, here! Man the only thing that is going to be hard is giving up my sweets! mama loves her m&ms! I have been eating a lot more meat anyways! But I am Italian! I just need to learn how to moderate all of this right because it's not like I have to give up it all? right? i just have to eat more meat, and stuff? There should be a video. I am such a visual learner then reading. I get so lost.

Tink18
May 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
oh, also I am short and I nursed my daughter till she was 16 months old. I didn't lose any of weight from my pregnancy still she self weaned at 16 months :(, So currently I have only lost about 15 lbs, and I have about 15 more go. I am in "boot camp" 2 days a week. I am hoping to get the weight off. I have been easily losing the weight and feel pretty good it should be off by Aug-ish so I can start the boy diet. But I feel that I should shoot for maybe an extra 10 lbs if people gain. I was extremely healthy with my first pregnancy and felt great all the way till the end. I am hoping to feel just as good with my next pregnancy, I guess that is why this weight this scares me so much because I am small. And even 5lbs extra on a small person is a lot.

gizmo77
May 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
i hear ya tink18. my husb is ital and he loves his sweets and carbs (as do i). i am doing everything opposite of what i did unknowlingly with my 2 girls (calcium, cheese cheese cheese, sweets big time, esply choc..tho i head that dark choc with sea salt was ok for blue!
this is why i am trying to lose weihght ahead of time and extra weight so i can have 'room to grow' for JUST the diet not the pgcy!!!
D day for us is in oct!

Plum3
May 25th, 2011, 08:21 AM
YAY!! cant wait to see the diet plan! i was going to write out my personal plan too with portions. havent come up with it yet. still working on supps and that i think is harder than the diet. thx for that atomic cant wait to see it!!

"1) If you're short, you don't have to gain as much weight because a pound on you is a higher percentage of your overall body weight"

MAKES SENSE. didnt think of that. i am 5'2 as well.

You sound exactly like me! I'm working on my supp plan first and then will start a personal plan as well. We can compare :) I'm also 5'2 and only 46 kgs so I have lots of muscle and weight to put on.

Plum3
May 25th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Well I would like to add that After reading On IG for a few months and now being here for just a few days I think I makes perfect sense why we had a girl. I am a carb addict. Not a whole lot of fruit of veggies but i do what i can lol! Im a major Chicken eater, cheese lover and sweet eater. I also take claritin D often as I have allergies which I read was a girl swayer. I knew the moment i conceived our daughter and it fell in line with the "better" days for a girls sway. so ya, I guess I am going to have to flip my role, here! Man the only thing that is going to be hard is giving up my sweets! mama loves her m&ms! I have been eating a lot more meat anyways! But I am Italian! I just need to learn how to moderate all of this right because it's not like I have to give up it all? right? i just have to eat more meat, and stuff? There should be a video. I am such a visual learner then reading. I get so lost.

I'm hoping it will be ok to sneak in some sweets every now and then as well. I love my chocolate too!

gizmo77
May 25th, 2011, 10:42 AM
You sound exactly like me! I'm working on my supp plan first and then will start a personal plan as well. We can compare :) I'm also 5'2 and only 46 kgs so I have lots of muscle and weight to put on.

sounds great, i just started on the diet plan and its actually little bit harder than i thought!!! (only with portions and measuring outthe minerals and stuff...ill post when im ready tho!
man i wish i were 46kg!! ;-)

LolaInLove
May 25th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Atomic, you are the awesomest....a list of good low cal foods would be amazing. I admit that I am not doing Atkins yet, just a super low cal diet, what I used to eat back in the day. I did just eat an egg salad on wheat though. Anyway, I plan to get back to the diet in July for our August attempt, but I cannot eat so much because I just can't gain this much again!

Tink18
May 26th, 2011, 02:22 AM
[QUOTE=ELP;35243]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-188394/Cannabis-link-male-fertility.html

Marijuana and Fertility

lowered sperm count
poor sperm motility
Additionally, those sperm that do enter the vaginal canal tend to be over stimulated as a result of the active ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This causes sperm to slow down when they approach the egg, and, as a result, they are unable to break through the egg's outer casing.h

again...makes sense why we have a girl...my Dh like the "special" cigs and the reg cigs. But I am fairly sure he would stop as he has cut way back anyway because he doesn't want to smoke anyway really anymore! So I can just tell him this. See how it goes over. Men always Fu*&ing it all up.

Plum3
May 26th, 2011, 02:47 AM
sounds great, i just started on the diet plan and its actually little bit harder than i thought!!! (only with portions and measuring outthe minerals and stuff...ill post when im ready tho!

It is hard hey? I've been working on it too but have info all over the place. I need to sort it out and put it into a proper plan. I haven't done any portion counting yet though. I'll post when I'm done too, might be a while though!

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 03:00 AM
[QUOTE=ELP;35243]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-188394/Cannabis-link-male-fertility.html

Marijuana and Fertility

lowered sperm count
poor sperm motility
Additionally, those sperm that do enter the vaginal canal tend to be over stimulated as a result of the active ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This causes sperm to slow down when they approach the egg, and, as a result, they are unable to break through the egg's outer casing.h

again...makes sense why we have a girl...my Dh like the "special" cigs and the reg cigs. But I am fairly sure he would stop as he has cut way back anyway because he doesn't want to smoke anyway really anymore! So I can just tell him this. See how it goes over. Men always Fu*&ing it all up.

My husband smoked a little of this with dd2.. very interesting!

Tink18
May 26th, 2011, 01:34 PM
It's funny to me, I find that way more men out there would rather smoke the special stuff then drink these days. My DH isn't a big drinker at all. He will have a beer every so often, but his choice to Chill and relax is the special stuff, like all the men back in the days. Come home and drink whiskey in the cups, that his how all guys seem to do it these days. At least around where I live...All the men smoke its insane! I am glad he doesn't do it all the time that would bother me. But it is definitely his go to for a chill out type of thing. Me I take a bubble bath. I need a vice...well I think it's M&M's...WHAT AM I GOING TO DO on the boy diet...ahhhh!!!

gizmo77
May 26th, 2011, 02:05 PM
It's funny to me, I find that way more men out there would rather smoke the special stuff then drink these days. My DH isn't a big drinker at all. He will have a beer every so often, but his choice to Chill and relax is the special stuff, like all the men back in the days. Come home and drink whiskey in the cups, that his how all guys seem to do it these days. At least around where I live...All the men smoke its insane! I am glad he doesn't do it all the time that would bother me. But it is definitely his go to for a chill out type of thing. Me I take a bubble bath. I need a vice...well I think it's M&M's...WHAT AM I GOING TO DO on the boy diet...ahhhh!!!

some ppl on here say dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt is allowed (by lindt). and actually a lot of boy moms had lots of choc while swaying...its just up to what you want to do..how strict you wan t to be, etc. i had no idea so many guys smoked special cigs...all the guys in my group of friends stopped that in their 20s maybe thats why tho. im in my mid 30s now! actually i have no proof that theyve stopped!

LolaInLove
May 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
some ppl on here say dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt is allowed (by lindt). and actually a lot of boy moms had lots of choc while swaying...its just up to what you want to do..how strict you wan t to be, etc. i had no idea so many guys smoked special cigs...all the guys in my group of friends stopped that in their 20s maybe thats why tho. im in my mid 30s now! actually i have no proof that theyve stopped!

Yes, Tink....I think dark chocolate is good for a boy sway from the nutrients (you know, it IS supposed to be good for you somehow, can't remember)....and red wine, also.

Tink18
May 26th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I just need to talk to my mom...I have 3 older brothers. what did she do? jeebus? Actually I talked to her about this and she said she did eat a lot of meat and potatoes and salty food whens she was getting pregnant with my brothers. When she got pregnant with me. her and my dad were going through a divorce, they were actually separated before she got pregnant with me so she was barely eating..losing weight in fact. Then they tried to work it out. She got prengnat she said she had been eating really light she she conceived me. Lots of salads and almost bird food as she put it because she was so stressed! But with my 3 older brothers she said she was happily married at the time and ate verty hearty...wonder if that had anything to do with it! hmmmmmm!!

gizmo77
May 31st, 2011, 10:35 AM
I just need to talk to my mom...I have 3 older brothers. what did she do? jeebus? Actually I talked to her about this and she said she did eat a lot of meat and potatoes and salty food whens she was getting pregnant with my brothers. When she got pregnant with me. her and my dad were going through a divorce, they were actually separated before she got pregnant with me so she was barely eating..losing weight in fact. Then they tried to work it out. She got prengnat she said she had been eating really light she she conceived me. Lots of salads and almost bird food as she put it because she was so stressed! But with my 3 older brothers she said she was happily married at the time and ate verty hearty...wonder if that had anything to do with it! hmmmmmm!!

very interesting!!

LolaInLove
May 31st, 2011, 02:49 PM
very interesting!!

PERFECT example of how diet works! I just asked a girlfriend with BG this question....she said she was into green tea and ate very well during ttc the 1st time (took a few months, so she was all up on "good fertility" stuff, she's a perfectionist) and then when she conceived #2 (DD) she was eating less as she didn't want to be bulky for the second pregnancy (she also has crazy body image issues and HATES being fat at all, she hated the post partum time with the losing weight). Now her DS is like 4 and DD is 2 and she is a RAIL.

gizmo77
June 1st, 2011, 10:25 AM
Now her DS is like 4 and DD is 2 and she is a RAIL.

havent heard that phrase in so long! love it!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Okay, but if I am going to sway in October, and I will start he boy diet/supps in August(possibly July) is that too long to be on Atkins?? I know we have discussed this a bunch, but I am so scared of doing the wrong thing!!!

I don't think it is too long. I think it's about as close as you can cut it, though. But at least you have the "magic of October" working for you too!!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 11:35 AM

I agree, there does need to be a video or series of videos.

You don't need to give up ANYTHING to TTC a boy (except shellfish and organ meats) but it does help to combine things so you are eating protein and carbs together. So instead of M and Ms, eat PEANUT M and M's!!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
i hear ya tink18. my husb is ital and he loves his sweets and carbs (as do i). i am doing everything opposite of what i did unknowlingly with my 2 girls (calcium, cheese cheese cheese, sweets big time, esply choc..tho i head that dark choc with sea salt was ok for blue!
this is why i am trying to lose weihght ahead of time and extra weight so i can have 'room to grow' for JUST the diet not the pgcy!!!
D day for us is in oct!

Dark choc is ALWAYS ok for blue. With sea salt or without! :agree:

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM

I know, we need to get these all printed up for you guys and I am trying! No sense in ALL of us having to add up everything.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 11:39 AM
Atomic, you are the awesomest....a list of good low cal foods would be amazing. I admit that I am not doing Atkins yet, just a super low cal diet, what I used to eat back in the day. I did just eat an egg salad on wheat though. Anyway, I plan to get back to the diet in July for our August attempt, but I cannot eat so much because I just can't gain this much again!

Yes, that is a problem that MUST be fixed because gaining a little for blue is good but gaining too much isn't good for anyone's health!!

Egg salad on wheat :agree: all the way!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
It is hard hey? I've been working on it too but have info all over the place. I need to sort it out and put it into a proper plan. I haven't done any portion counting yet though. I'll post when I'm done too, might be a while though!

If we all work together it will be a lot easier on all of us. I'll start a thread in the Dream Members section where we can all post our stuff as we compile it.

LolaInLove
June 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Yes, that is a problem that MUST be fixed because gaining a little for blue is good but gaining too much isn't good for anyone's health!!

Egg salad on wheat :agree: all the way!

I think it's not a big deal if you get pg in the first, say 3 or 4 tries, but after that, the pounds really start adding up! I've lost a good 8 or 10 now, just eating less food overall. I admit, I am sure I am back on my girl diet, but right now I am more focused on eating foods that will increase my egg quality than anything else!

gizmo77
June 3rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
If we all work together it will be a lot easier on all of us. I'll start a thread in the Dream Members section where we can all post our stuff as we compile it.

is that the paid section?

Hobbermittens
June 5th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I don't think it is too long. I think it's about as close as you can cut it, though. But at least you have the "magic of October" working for you too!!

I am going to drop the diet July 1. I have lost 10 lbs already, so I hopefully will lose a few more by then. Even if I only lose 15 total, that's going to help!

ELP
June 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Add me to the trying to lose before ttc blue club lol, so far I'm doing rubbish, I need to get a good muscle building workout dvd, then I've no excuse! I'm 11st 6lb atm!

LolaInLove
June 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I am going to drop the diet July 1. I have lost 10 lbs already, so I hopefully will lose a few more by then. Even if I only lose 15 total, that's going to help!

THAT'S AWESOME!

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2011, 01:09 PM
is that the paid section?

Yes, unfortunately some people have sticky fingers about swaying info and I don't want to put all this stuff out there for someone else to take and then start charging people vast sums of money for...there are people out there who sell swaying diets for hundreds of dollars, they stole a lot of stuff off IG and I don't want to help those people out any.

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
PS - you guys are doing GREAT on the diets! Keep it up!

Lola, I think it's even better that you're losing weight and eating egg-boosting foods at the same time. BRILLIANT!!!!

gizmo77
June 13th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Yes, unfortunately some people have sticky fingers about swaying info and I don't want to put all this stuff out there for someone else to take and then start charging people vast sums of money for...there are people out there who sell swaying diets for hundreds of dollars, they stole a lot of stuff off IG and I don't want to help those people out any.

GEEZ. i had no idea. i mean, cant they just get a job or something? ;-) thats ok, at least ill have you guys to bounce idas off of.

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
GEEZ. i had no idea. i mean, cant they just get a job or something? ;-) thats ok, at least ill have you guys to bounce idas off of.

I totally agree!!! The worst part was that then some people (not the ones charging money but some other people) told Tamara that I had stolen her swaying info and was passing it off as mine! Grrr....