PDA

View Full Version : Just had a D/C - do I have to wait one cycle? TTC a girl...

poptart90
July 7th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone,

Just had a D/C last Tuesday. My first MC. Have one healthy almost 3 year old boy. Now hoping to try for a little girl.

I've been reading that TTC right away can sway girl. Is it necessary to wait at least one cycle if you've had a D/C? Anyone not wait and still have a healthy baby?

My baby was a little over 7 weeks. Saw a HB at 6 weeks. Than nothing a week and a half later. D/C was fine. Bleeding stopping already (5 days after).

Would like to take advantage of anything that might help sway girl. Any thoughts?

I really appreciate all advice. This whole process is incredibly difficult and sad. :sad:

sugarNspice
July 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
The one time that I did TTC immediately after a D&C (blighted ovum; empty gestational sac sized 10 weeks removed at 10 weeks) I conceived that first cycle, and had a chemical pregnancy. In a later cycle, I had a hysterogram (a procedure where an RE inserts a tiny camera up through your cervix and examines your uterine lining, looking for scar tissue or other problems) and it was found that my lining was very thin on the first cycle after D&C, probably not thick enough to support a pregnancy.

Given that this was my experience, I now wait for 2 AFs following each D&C before TTC again. I might TTC sooner if the m/c happened naturally.

About miscarriage and gender: I've seen some pretty mixed results on here, so I'm not convinced it sways strongly, but this is not personal experience.

I think the most important factor is your own emotional state and what you believe to be best for healing. If you strongly feel that you are ready for whatever comes your way, go for it. Only you can decide what's truly best for you.

poptart90
July 8th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Thank you so much for responding, sugarNspice. I really appreciate it. I definitely would rather have a healthy full-term pregnancy - regardless of the gender. And the "trying" part (while fun;)) can be so stress inducing too. I did read that women can be more fertile after a M/C, but not sure if this is true. I thought it would be nice to take advantage of that, if possible. But if that meant a higher chance of M/C or chemical pregnancy, than I will wait a few months. Again, thank you so much!

poptart90
July 8th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I saw my Dr today (the surgeon who performed the D&C) and he advises all his patients to wait 2 cycles before trying after a D&C procedure. He hadn't told that to me before, so I thought I would pass it along.

eenymeeny
July 9th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I would wait a minimum of one cycle so your lining can thicken up again. No point in risking an early loss right after a miscarriage.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 9th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I had one cycle after my d&c and got pregnant the 2nd one. I had a healthy baby boy.

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2013, 11:45 AM
so sorry I've only just seen this.

I have an essay here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/29504-guide-swaying-after-miscarriage.html