PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Help!

daisyfay311
May 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I think DH is sick! :(

He came home from work all moaning and exhausted and his nose is really congested and he's coughing. I had a sinus infection and have been taking an antibiotic since CD1.

I checked his temp and it was 98.4. He says he just needs to rest but I AM NOT PLAYING AROUND. I am thinking I will O in about ten days and I just told him I am not drinking this nasty crap and taking these awful pills and blowing up like a balloon eating all this junk for him to **** it up. I told him to go to the doctor and he says he just needs to rest.

So far he's just taking Robitussin. What should we do? Should I make him go get an antibiotic?

I swear, you would think he doesn't want a son. I am doing all this insane crap for HIM and if it doesn't work, I am going to have to KILL him. UGH.

begonia
May 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM
If his temp is at 98.4 it is unlikely he has an infection that will require antibiotics. I would make him get lots of fluids, and lots of sleep, and see how he is doing on Monday. Maybe it is just allergies. And don't be too hard on him (don't get me wrong, I'll be mad as a hornet if my DH gets sick before our attempt) but if he is sick it isn't like he did it on purpose, right? How long til your attempt?

iluvmyman
May 7th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Wow daisy, you are hard core and I love it. LOL! Those darn men! I agree on the antibiotic, they probably won't give it to him. The Robitussin's good, right. At least you won't have any problem getting him to do the cutoff if you are going that route. He'll be too sick to give you a "hard" time. :) I totally understand your frustration though and don't mean to make light of it. My DH pushed my time schedule up 12 hrs and I wasn't happy either.

I'll share w/ you what Atomic told me (this is totally paraphrased). There will never be a "perfect time" and there will always be something that messes w/ your sway. GL!

Kris217
May 7th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I think he'll be ready by then, it's still 10 days away so FX he's fine and ready to go!

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Hope he feels better soon, give him plenty of fluid and rest xx

Flava
May 7th, 2011, 12:46 PM
yeah let him rest make lot's of green tea for him to drink and he will be ok for the attempt.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I think DH is sick! :(

He came home from work all moaning and exhausted and his nose is really congested and he's coughing. I had a sinus infection and have been taking an antibiotic since CD1.

I checked his temp and it was 98.4. He says he just needs to rest but I AM NOT PLAYING AROUND. I am thinking I will O in about ten days and I just told him I am not drinking this nasty crap and taking these awful pills and blowing up like a balloon eating all this junk for him to **** it up. I told him to go to the doctor and he says he just needs to rest.

So far he's just taking Robitussin. What should we do? Should I make him go get an antibiotic?

I swear, you would think he doesn't want a son. I am doing all this insane crap for HIM and if it doesn't work, I am going to have to KILL him. UGH.

If it's just a virus (which it sounds like) he doesn't need an antibiotic anyway.

I would make him sleep nude and go commando during the day to make sure that his balls stay cool!!

PS - I always get mad at people when they get sick too because I think they should have washed their hands more! :)

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 01:37 PM
You can also try giving him some extra zinc - that will help your sway and it might help him get better quicker.

My Fabulous Children
May 8th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Hope he feels better.