PDA

View Full Version : Concern over mixing supps with regular medications such as anti depressants?

TTC5
May 6th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I suffer severe depression and yesterday/today being really bad I am starting to question wether some of these supps we take are in fact ok to mix with our medications :worry:

It could be a mix of me coming down sick again, having a daughter in hospital and getting little answers BUT I also know this feeling.. I feel extremely depressed/teary today. I am wondering, if it could be related to the supps? The last fortnight I have run out of L'Argenine and I am sure I read somewhere this is meant to help with moods/depression but perhaps me coming off it suddenly could be affecting me in a negative way??

I feel horrible today - woe is me!:sad:

My Fabulous Children
May 7th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Oh TTC5, I am so sorry you are going through this sweetie, I don't think its from the supplements .. but probably because of your DD and maybe other things?! that make you feel that way ..I really hope you get to feel better soon sweetie, Take care.

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Thankyou xox
Crappy day have cried so much and took my depressive state out on DH and told him I did not want another child :'(
Think I hurt his feelings because he said "i was just getting used to the idea of another one"..

Oh I feel like the biggest bi*** right now! =(

Kris217
May 7th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Aww sorry you've had such a bad day, you've had quite a bit of stress the past few days so i'm sure that itself is taking a toll on you. I know i go through cycles where i get like that but it passes in a few days so hopefully tomorrow will be brighter for ya! Take care of yourself girl.

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Thanks Kris xx

daisyfay311
May 7th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Oh, I am sorry you are having a hard time. :(

I agree it may just be the stress you are dealing with right now but it's hard to say.

I know supposedly I am increasing testosterone but in the last weeks I've noticed that I seem a lot more emotional than usual--cry more easily, get upset about things, a LOT more so than ever before. These supplements can definitely do crazy things.

It couldn't hurt to check with your doctor if you're really concerned. I hope you feel better soon. Swaying is such a roller coaster.

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Perhaps my hormones have taken a big LEAP lol x

My Fabulous Children
May 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Hope you feel better today!

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Much better emotionally thankyou =)

My Fabulous Children
May 8th, 2011, 12:53 AM
So glad you're doing better hun!

TTC5
May 8th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Thankyou. Flu is nasty though think it has gone to my ears and sinus.

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I suffer severe depression and yesterday/today being really bad I am starting to question wether some of these supps we take are in fact ok to mix with our medications :worry:

It could be a mix of me coming down sick again, having a daughter in hospital and getting little answers BUT I also know this feeling.. I feel extremely depressed/teary today. I am wondering, if it could be related to the supps? The last fortnight I have run out of L'Argenine and I am sure I read somewhere this is meant to help with moods/depression but perhaps me coming off it suddenly could be affecting me in a negative way??

I feel horrible today - woe is me!:sad:

I do think it's prob. just a response to the many stresses of the last few weeks but the l-arg may indeed play a part. I think it's best to come off supps slowly for that reason, you never know what quitting them suddenly might do.

(((((hugs))))) and just know that I am thinking of you and hoping that things are looking up.

TTC5
May 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks Atomic xx