PDA

View Full Version : IVF/PGD and timing question for Dr. Potter

Olive1111
July 10th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Hi,

I just completed my first egg retrieval and unfortunately, only retrieved 6 eggs. Out of the 6, only 4 fertilized. My husband, Dr. and I made the joint decision to do another egg retrieval prior to doing the PGD (for a girl). I was on Gonal-f 300, Menopr, and Antagon. How long do I need to wait before starting stims again and doing another retrieval. I am still waiting for my period, 7dpo. Is it possible to start again immediately?

about me- I am 38 yo, all of mine and my husbands tests came back normal and we have gotten pregnant 3x on our own without really trying.

Thanks for your time!

Olive1111

HopeandDreamG
July 27th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Obviously im not dr potter but you will go in to your re for an u/s and he will determine your afc which will tell you if your ready or not.

vickyaust
July 27th, 2013, 10:40 PM
I had 3 months between stim cycles. That allowed me a post cycle bleed and then to wait for my next bleed. That second one can be very delayed. My last one was 68 days!

Best of luck with your next cycle. I hope you can work to improve numbers next time. I would be requesting more stims.

Dr. Potter
August 14th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Hi,

I just completed my first egg retrieval and unfortunately, only retrieved 6 eggs. Out of the 6, only 4 fertilized. My husband, Dr. and I made the joint decision to do another egg retrieval prior to doing the PGD (for a girl). I was on Gonal-f 300, Menopr, and Antagon. How long do I need to wait before starting stims again and doing another retrieval. I am still waiting for my period, 7dpo. Is it possible to start again immediately?

about me- I am 38 yo, all of mine and my husbands tests came back normal and we have gotten pregnant 3x on our own without really trying.

Thanks for your time!

Olive1111There should be at least 60 days between retrievals. Consider a higher dose micro lupron flare protocol with hGH