PDA

View Full Version : Antihistamines/Robitussin

kobytoby
May 7th, 2011, 12:52 AM
I have serious serious allergies and have to be on antihistames. I guess that's one of the reasons why I have 2 DDs since it sways pink right? It also makes charting with CM difficult so I'm using opk. I guess I have to use robitussin when I ttc in october. When should I start using this?

Zivic-Bubac
May 7th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Yes, antihistamines sway pink, is there any chance to stop them like through September and October?
You should take Robitussin 5 days before O and of the day of O ( 6 days in total)
Here is the link with detailed dosage info http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1112-USING-ROBITUSSIN-TO-TTC-A-BOY

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 04:39 AM
I used to live on them too and have been suffering badly since stopping =(

kobytoby
May 7th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I guess I'll have to stop them in september then but I wonder how I'll make it through the 2 months though. What about the corticosteriod nasal sprays like fluticasone. Do you think I can take them, do they sway?

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Not sure, I have given up everything and just suffering through it!

daisyfay311
May 7th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I used to take Benadryl all the time and now I'm just not taking any antihistamines or anything that will dry me up. I just don't want to chance it. I have drainage from a sinus infection right now and I'm like, well it's Robitussin or nothing!

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I do think fluticasone may be a boy friendly option for allergies! Steriods tend to raise testosterone. THANK YOU for thinking of it, you have helped a lot of people!!

My son went onto fluticasone and as far as I'm concerned it's almost a wonder drug because it's basically cured him.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Oh and if you NEED your antihistamines, by all means, you can still take them. The Robitussin will help as will drinking plenty of water.

kobytoby
May 10th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Wow! Thanks, I think I'll stick with fluticasone then 'cause it works for me too.