PDA

View Full Version : new study supporting Trivers Willard!!

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Scientists trace the payoff that moms get from 'choosing' boy vs. girl - NBC News.com (http://www.nbcnews.com/science/scientists-trace-payoff-moms-get-choosing-boy-vs-girl-6C10599106)

PLOS ONE: Winning the Genetic Lottery: Biasing Birth Sex Ratio Results in More Grandchildren (http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0067867)

BabyGirl4Me
July 11th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I read the 1st article, the 2nd was a bit too in-depth for me right now. My brain is fried. Good stuff and yet more evidence that swaying is real and it works!

Dreamofpink
July 11th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Fascinating studies, thanks for the links to them Atomic! If only they could find that elusive magic key to swaying 100% either way....I know, I know it doesn't exist!! :D

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2013, 01:35 PM
The second link is the actual study that the article is referencing. I personally like to read the articles online and then print off studies to read the hard copy, for some reason they're easier for me to get thru that way. I was only including it for anyone interested in the actual study - the info is in the article. :)

atomic sagebrush
July 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Fascinating studies, thanks for the links to them Atomic! If only they could find that elusive magic key to swaying 100% either way....I know, I know it doesn't exist!! :D

I thought it was interesting that the researcher gave the same 60-70% number that we seem to be coming up with as well.

Dreamofpink
July 11th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I thought it was interesting that the researcher gave the same 60-70% number that we seem to be coming up with as well.

Yes, absolutely. I found the reference to the dominant red deer really interesting too. Just as you've explained with regards to the maternal dominance theory. Evolutionary biology is so interesting, I wish my school science lessons had been a bit more about things like this - I might have enjoyed them a bit more ;)

mis2ninos
July 23rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Very cool study! What makes me worry thou is that I have an executive level position with a lot of pressure to perform well. I suppose I could be considered a dominant female and wondering what can I do to counteract this? Lower T levels?

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
I'm working on an essay, it's HUGE and taking forever. Basically you have to let go of control to some extent, whcih can be difficult for the boy moms!

Diet, exercise, supps, and losing sleep will help.

mis2ninos
July 23rd, 2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah control is a hard thing for me. Maybe if I try to do more relaxing things that would help too. I'll be on the lookout for the new essay!