PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else do this

luvmyluvbug
July 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Hey,

It's so nice to have a community of people who understand how I feel with gender issues. I am newly. Preggo with our second baby. Sper excited it took us 2 years to get pregnant and then had an early sare with some spotting. So I am super happy to just be pregnant with a healthy baby but.... I still really want a girl. But I find I am trying to convince myself it's boy number two to get used to the idea and not get to hopeful about having a girl because if its a boy I don't want one super upset. Even though u know I will. Anyone else do this?

I also really thinkits a boy we have had three early ultrasounds because of the spotting to monitor the baby. I discovered Ramzi method and I asked the dr is the image is how it is on the screen or mirror image and he said usually its mirror image. Mind you I am talking to a Japanese dr and we have a big language barrier but if that is the case baby if for sure on the right meaning boy.

I also had. Some lady who says she has this magic formula to predict babies with certain dates and being like 90% accurate say I was having a boy.

So with these things I keep trying. To just say ok it's a boy and be ok. But still a little hope that it could be a girl. Ahhhh the stress. And I still have a while to go only 9 weeks today.

It's it better to prepare for the outcome less desired or remain hopeful.. Thoughts?

Thanks ladies and have a great weekend.

dloui128
July 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't put too much thought into the ramzi method, the sono tech said baby was on the left I was so upset because I had wanted a boy so bad. Everything pointed to me having a girl with the old wives tales like heart rate and what side I ovulated on and so on and so on. But this morning I was kissing up on my little guy :) For me personally I needed to find out so I could come to terms with it and move on, if I would of waited until delivery to find out I know I would of been upset and I didn't want that moment to be ruined.

Kitty0911
July 12th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I'm not even pregnant yet, but I am already sure I will be having my third boy. For me coming to terms with it is better because holding out hope and being disappointed is far worse than already being in love with the little boy you believe you are having. With my last son I was so hopeful he was a she that I broke down at the ultrasound when I found out he was a boy. I'd rather not go through that again and just be already okay with a third boy.

PlanB
July 13th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Remain neutral and don't think about it. But yeah, hahahaha, as if. I know it's easier said than done.

zebaniee
July 13th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I am pregnant with my third and find it easier to convince myself it is another girl as well. I only look at girl names, I say to my partner oh I wonder what it will be like with three girls....but secretly at the ultrasound scan I will be shattered if I hear girl. I pray for acceptance but at the moment I feel sick with jealousy for those who get their desired gender. I did everything for my sway and I think I did the best I could. Now I guess it is up to the higher power.

hotdogz&boyz
July 15th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I did it subconsciously. I was SURE my third was a boy. In fact, if you dug deep enough, you could find my thread on having a "strong gut feeling" from back in September-October. I just knew it on all levels, mentally, physically, emotionally. And I was fine with that because I knew I needed to prepare myself for having a third son. I think, ultimately, it helped to prepare myself. Because the shock on my face when I heard it was a girl was comical (I literally bust into tears, the tech thought I wanted a boy and was horribly disappointed). I am glad I was really prepared to hear boy. I don't know how I would have reacted if I had been told a boy. But I felt like it was a foregone conclusion at that point and I do think I would have been sad, but okay, since I was mentally prepared (my second shocked me, I was not prepared to hear boy again at all). I think it's a normal coping mechanism to think you aren't getting your desired gender, in some sort of protective way. It seems common around these parts.

sushikitty
July 16th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I did that three times in a row not counting having a girl, but in the end it didn't matter. I was still crushed. I feel like I jinxed to too much on not having a girl.

radicalhope
July 16th, 2013, 01:57 AM
It's so hard. When we had our ultrasound for ds2 I had trouble keeping my composure, all my family was in the room. I put on a brave face and focused on that the baby was healthy. I was devastated it wasn't a girl but also happy he was healthy. But I knew I wanted to try again for a girl and resolved that I had to be patient. I wanted to enjoy the pregnancy and treasure my baby boy. Sending pink dust your way. Even if its a boy just focus on the positives. You can get through it! :)

sushikitty
July 16th, 2013, 02:09 AM
It's so hard. When we had our ultrasound for ds2 I had trouble keeping my composure, all my family was in the room. I put on a brave face and focused on that the baby was healthy. I was devastated it wasn't a girl but also happy he was healthy. But I knew I wanted to try again for a girl and resolved that I had to be patient. I wanted to enjoy the pregnancy and treasure my baby boy. Sending pink dust your way. Even if its a boy just focus on the positives. You can get through it! :)

I know how you feel :'( Imagine this, after my THIRD son in a row, at the gender ultrasound. SOON AS the gender pop up on the screen, and the tech says the gender out loud, YOU GET AN INSTANT SNAP SHOT of your reaction. Bwahahaha! I see it funny now because, oh my gosh I made the funniest face of the worlds saddest face. My son will never get to see this picture.

sushikitty
July 16th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Bwahaha this was a lot like my face.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1092530/thumbs/o-KIM-KARDASHIAN-UGLY-CRYING-FACE-facebook.jpg

luvmyluvbug
July 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Thanks so much ladies. It's nice to know. I'm not the only one who does this. Sushi kitty thanks for the laugh. Not sure if I will have anyone at my ultrasound with me. I read in a post earlier that your husband wil be deployed. So is mine. He just left and should return when I am about 30 weeks. Was going to wait till he got back but don't think I can and I want to have some time to just plan for the baby and pick out names.

sushikitty
July 18th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Yeah last deployment DS #4, I went to my gender u/s alone. He was deployed. It was normal to go 5 weeks at a time not receiving a call from him. So what I did was I bought a HUGE packet of "It's a boy" confetti in a card. So when he open the card it would just get everywhere. And then I folded like a 4'x4' poster in the care package box, saying congrats its a boy, with the gender ultrasound copy pictures. I was a brat about it and put "It's a girl" on the outside of the box. I don't know why I did that, know I don't think that is funny anymore, lol. I think he got the box in 3-4 weeks in Afghanistan. Which is faster than waiting for a call from him.

sushikitty
July 18th, 2013, 04:50 AM
sorry DS #3, he was our 4th child

isis
July 20th, 2013, 03:16 AM
I'm not even pregnant yet, but I am already sure I will be having my third boy. For me coming to terms with it is better because holding out hope and being disappointed is far worse than already being in love with the little boy you believe you are having. With my last son I was so hopeful he was a she that I broke down at the ultrasound when I found out he was a boy. I'd rather not go through that again and just be already okay with a third boy.

yes that. I keep telling myself (and other people) - that I want a BROTHER for my son.. but really I want a daughter. I also don't want to know the sex until s/he is born. Sometimes I feel like if I know it's a boy again, I won't be excited :(