PDA

View Full Version : Spotting?

daisyfay311
May 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM
So no sooner do I decide to try this month, then BAM! Complications ensue.

First off, DH and I (and dd, though I don't suppose that sways ;) ) are on antibiotics. And have had shots. Fine.

Then this afternoon I went to the bathroom and I had spotted all over my underwear. WTH? I have NEVER had spotting. Ever. AF starts, full force, leaves and comes again 28-31 days later. Cut and print.

This month, AF came on Apr. 29, was pretty light, gone by May 3rd. Mild spotting occurred on the 5th and then again today. I don't think I will O until the 15th-17th.

What on Earth does this mean??? I swear, ttc and swaying make me a mad woman.

TIA!

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Have you recently come off birth control?

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Are you taking fish oil or eating garlic?? They are blood thinners and can cause spotting.

Otherwise they ~can~ mean that your uterine lining is not so good this month due to lower estrogen - what hormonal supps are you taking (if any??)

daisyfay311
May 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Are you taking fish oil or eating garlic?? They are blood thinners and can cause spotting.

Otherwise they ~can~ mean that your uterine lining is not so good this month due to lower estrogen - what hormonal supps are you taking (if any??)

Haven't taken birth control pills in years. I'm taking fish oil, L'Arginine, gelatin, EPO, Flaxseed oil, Vit E, Folic Acid and I'm on Augmentin for a sinus infection.

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hmmm...the fish oil, flaxseed, and EPO can all act as blood thinners so I suspect you are having a bit of bleeding from your cervix due to irritation from DTD, BSF or checking pH a lot and tht is what is causing the spotting.

YOu may want to halve the amounts of these supps you are taking and see if it improves because bleeding from your vajayjay can also mean you're more likely to bleed other places like your brain and stomach and obviously this is not good.