PDA

View Full Version : Due Date Club for Lil' March Hares, April Bunnies & May Pikas

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tiggerian
July 14th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Come all ye lovely ladies and join me in counting down for the Spring madness when we welcome our newest sprouts into the world! :pregnant: :cheer: :bluecheer:

Please fill out this form if you want to join the list:

User name:
Due Date:
Swayed:
Expecting:

---------------------------------------------------
March Hares:

User Name: BlueMom
Due date: 1st March
Swayed: Surprised baby
Expecting: :ttcboy:

Username: retrolove1
Due date: 2nd March 2014
Swayed: :ttcgirl:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/33249-retrolove1-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: Gizzyntaz
Due date: March 6
Expecting: :ttcgirl:
Sway Thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/31291-gizzyntaz-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: thehappypixi
Due Date: 11 March
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/31609-thehappypixi-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

User name: iwonder
Due Date: 14th March
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/27222-iwonder-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

User name: Tiggerian
Due Date: 17th March
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/31912-tiggerian-ttc-girl-sway-attempt-confirmed-girl.html

Username: Only Praying
Due date: 24th March
Swayed: No swaying [Praying for a :ttcboy:]
Expecting:

Username: Precious3
Due date: March 31
Swayed: No (surprise pregnancy) but hoping for a Girl

---------------------------------

April Bunnies:

Username: sunnygirl
Due Date: 1st April (April fools day!!!)
Expecting:

Username: soul sister
Due Date: 1st April
Swayed: didn't, but starting to wish I had! Hoping for :ttcgirl:
Expecting::ttcgirl:

User name: Northern_Shutterbug
Due Date: 5th April
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/32849-northern-shutterbugs-sway-attempt.html

User name: hokievol
Due Date: 6th April
Swayed: :ttcblue:
Expecting: ?

User Name: Settastone
Due Date: 7th April
swayed: :ttcgirl:
Expecting:

User Name: Bloom78
Due Date: 7th April
Expecting:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/32346-bloom78-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

User name: Kitty0911
Due Date: 10th April
Expecting:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/32499-kitty0911-girl-sway.html

User Name: Gurly
Due date: 15th April
Expecting:

User name: HopefulMonster
Due Date: 20th April
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/35107-hopefulmonster-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

User name:luvlyjewels
Due Date: 20th April
Swayed:no swaying(hoping :ttcpink:)
Expecting:

User name:Lorenali
Due Date: 22nd April- csection on 15th April
Swayed: Partner wants boy - I am good with the blessing
Expecting:Hopefully

Username: tmbabcock
Due date: 25th April
swayed: :ttcboy:
expecting: :ttcboy:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-boy-sway/33080-tmbabcock-ttc-boy-sway-attempt.html

Username : Ribenaberry
Due date : 25th April
Swayed : :ttcboy:
Expecting:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-boy-sway/33120-ribenaberry-ttc-boy-sway-attempt.html

--------------------------------

May Pikas:

Username: Bella29
Due date: 5 may 2014
Swayed: :ttcboy:
Expecting:

--------------------------------

retrolove1
July 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Hello

Username: retrolove1
Due date: 2nd March 2014
Swayed: :DD:
Expecting:

X

Tiggerian
July 14th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Yay another Brit on the list!! Hope this thread will become an active, supportive and friendly community!

iwonder
July 15th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Hi! Thanks for starting this thread.

Username: iwonder
Due date: 14 March 2014
Expecting:

sushikitty
July 15th, 2013, 01:17 AM
User name: Sushikitty
Due Date: 3/22/2014
Expecting: Don't know yet! :)

Tiggerian
July 15th, 2013, 02:28 AM
All girl swayers atm :O

sugarNspice
July 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
okay, I'm gonna add myself here, at least for now. We'll see how long I stick around....

User name: SugarNspice
Due Date: 3/14
Swayed: didn't sway, wishing and hoping for :DD:
Expecting: cautiously.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a girl mom and pink swayer, hoping to add one more daughter to our family. I'm also a repeat miscarrier, and I think at this point, am not too optimistic about this pregnancy. I'm trying not to be too pessimistic, either. Just taking it day by day.

Anyway, nice to "meet" you all. Wishing everyone healthy babies, and :DD: if that's what you dream of....

Tiggerian
July 15th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I'm a repeat miscarrier too, so I feel your pain - I'm hoping both our beans stick around this time!!

iwonder
July 15th, 2013, 08:50 PM
@tiggerian and @sugarNspice I too have had m/c. It is so hard not being able to be too excited yet because you just never know what might happen. Praying for sticky beans for all of us. :pregnant:

Tiggerian
July 16th, 2013, 10:05 AM
For my own sanity, I do try to keep happy and positive. I try to focus on other things - atm I'm heavy into trying to find names we can agree on as we got very different name taste! We've also got to renovate our bedroom and redecorate the boys bedroom so that's taking up quite a bit of my time too (although mainly in the "what to put in there" department)

I bought a new excercise dvd today, so hoping to get started today! Every pregnancy I've ballooned massively, gaining between 70 and 100 lbs. I'm hoping to keep it down to a minimum as I'm just tipping over in the obese end of the BMI scale.

Fatigue and period-like pains (ligaments I expect/hope) are the only symptoms for now. Had some breast tenderness earlier, but that seems to have past.

sugarNspice
July 16th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Tiggerian, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who is more or less without symptoms at this point. Maybe a little breast tenderness, and fatigue for sure, and that's it. I'm getting ready to wish for vomiting, which sounds crazy, but for me it's a sign that things are going well. But it's still early yet.

Gizzyntaz
July 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Username: Gizzyntaz
Due date: March 6
Swayed: pink

Tiggerian
July 16th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Tiggerian, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who is more or less without symptoms at this point. Maybe a little breast tenderness, and fatigue for sure, and that's it. I'm getting ready to wish for vomiting, which sounds crazy, but for me it's a sign that things are going well. But it's still early yet.

I was really expecting to be very nauseas too - especially as its very hot and me + heat just DON'T get along.

For me the period pains are by far the worst. It just niggles away all the time and makes me worry. I don't know if its because its not the first baby, but they do seem worst this time.

Tiggerian
July 17th, 2013, 03:51 AM
I had an extra test lying around and thought I'd take it this morning for a bit of reassurance and it's certainly going to right way! I can't show the first test I took cause the pic is on my OHs phone and for some reason it won't let us transfer those pics atm and the test it self is so weak now it doesn't show on pictures, but here's the one from today (and btw I can thoroughly recommend that excercise dvd)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2jd4yl4.jpg

sugarNspice
July 17th, 2013, 10:32 AM
oh my, you are so very pregnant! Nice dark line.

Tiggerian
July 18th, 2013, 12:09 PM
urgh I went to the doc today because my period pains where getting really bad and I was getting a bit worried... Guess what!? Flaming urinary infection! So now I'm on antibiotics. Hopefully that'll clear it up fast.

Also got a referral for physio for my SPD so hopefully I can manage it this time.

retrolove1
July 18th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I'm 7+4 and only this week have my symptoms really started to show. I can hardly eat all day because it makes me feel sick and I'm so tired. I feel terrible, didn't feel this bad with my boys.
With DS2 I didn't have any symptoms at all so try to stay positive, every pregnancy is different. Take it easy ladies x

Tiggerian
July 19th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Oh yeah all mine where different too; with my DD1 I had hyperemesis gravidarum, with DS1 I had no nausea at all, with DS2 I had nausea from week 6 and was sick every evening at 10 pm on the dot (very punctual sickness!) until 16 weeks.

This time, other than the blased urin infection and fatigue I feel fine. I've had a few bouts of nausea, but I suspect that was more from lack of fluids in this heat than pregnancy. I'm not settled into the false sense of security and am taking precautions - we are currently living on foods that are so easy to make even my OH can do it, just in case :P

OnlyPraying
July 19th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Can I join you guys? :)

Only Praying
No swaying [Praying for a boy]
EDD: 24th March 2014

Tiggerian
July 19th, 2013, 02:58 PM
welcome and congrats on your BFP!

How are we all feeling?!

iwonder
July 19th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Congrats on that strong BFP, @Tiggerian! Sorry to hear about the uti. I had my first the month I conceived. Cleared up quick on antibiotics.

I am feeling pretty good. I feel a lot of little pulls and tiny cramps down below, but nothing too scary since I have been feeling them for a week or so now. I am also having some bad RLP when I turn over quickly in bed or get up quickly. Must mean things are growing and loosening up. :) I am so glad I am finally craving healthy things this pregnancy. I can't get enough salads and fruit. Usually I can't bear the sight of veggies or fruit in my first trimester and all I want is meat and cheese. Which is why I usually gain about 40-60 lbs! Hopefully not this time.

Oh, also please add me to the list up top. I posted my info earlier in this thread but I will post again. Thanks :)

iwonder
swayed: girl
due: March 14th

Tiggerian
July 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I can't get enough of water for some reason and I've gone completed off chocolate and sweet treats which is SO not like me. Its not that it makes me feel sick or I dont like the smell, I just don't feel like it.

And like you, Wonder, I craved and ate all the wrong things - I actually gained a staggering 100lbs with my first O_O shocking! This time I'm hoping to keep it down to about 20lbs as I'm already over weight.

Lots of pulls and cramps here too and my SPD niggles a bit, but hopefully the physio will help.

I'm staying active, doing the What to expect... workout dvd. I need to buy a yoga and pilates one too though.

Nausea is starting to creep up on me.. had a few critical hours earlier, but luckily it passed again! I hope it stays away, I hate feeling crippled by nausea!

Tiggerian
July 22nd, 2013, 03:27 AM
I was thinking, should we expand this due date thread to incl april and may too?

OnlyPraying
July 22nd, 2013, 06:38 AM
I hope your nausea subsides soon....for me...not so much nausea yet but a lot of food aversions....everything smells different and my boobs are sooooo sore its ridiculous. Ive been walking in the evenings and will get back to running in a couple weeks when things are well nestled in.
I like the idea of including April and May in our list. Theres very few of us to begin with anyway. Thankyou for managing the list Tigger....youre doing a wonderful job :)

Tiggerian
July 22nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
I'll expand the list then =)

my nausea seem to come and go abit. My breast are still a bit tender, but not much thank goodness. I got my first scan on friday at 10.20 am! Just a "reassurance" scan, but yea, ti'll be nice to get some peace of mind!

retrolove1
July 22nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Adding April and March is a good idea, I can't believe how few people there are due in March.

Hope your scan goes well! X

sugarNspice
July 23rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
I'm nauseous now, though haven't vomited yet, and I have to admit, I had vomited by 6 1/2 weeks with all my viable pregnancies so far... Of course, each pregnancy is different, etc. etc., but for me, the nausea without actual vomiting is not a great sign.
Weirdly enough, I also think that actual vomiting feels better--like there's a sense of relief with it, as if whatever food that was bothering me has come out, whereas without vomiting, the mild but unpleasant feeling of nausea just never goes away...
Anyway, my first u/s is Thursday, so we'll see if there's anything alive in there at that point.

Tiggerian
July 24th, 2013, 03:44 AM
My symptoms are sort of on/off. The nausea is just about there, but not really!? if that makes sense.

Still getting horrible ligament/period pains. I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this pregnancy... something is telling me, something isn't right.

Its not the lack of symptoms for me, I had that with my eldest, its just this feeling I have - I cant explain it. I don't know what it is, but something isn't like the other times. =/

sunnygirl
July 24th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Mind if I join you? Got my BFP this morning :cheerteam:

Username: sunnygirl
Due Date: 1st April (April fools day!!!)
Swayed: :XX:

Northern_Shutterbug
July 24th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Am I (hopefully!) having the first April bunny?

User name: Northern_Shutterbug
Due Date: 5th April 2014
Expecting: Hopefully a healthy baby girl

thehappypixi
July 24th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Just spotted this thread :)

Please add me too!
Swayed for a foofy!

Haven't decided whether ill find out the sex or wait til birth. Hoping to have it at home, all being well, and all natural :)

I have only had mild nausea and smell aversion so far, up to pee a lot and had some slight crampy feelings last couple of days. I've never been sick and always had lovely pregnancies :D
I had early scans with my boys, kind of wish I could have one now, just to check! But I'll have to wait and hope all is well in there :)

sugarNspice
July 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM
sunnygirl & Northern: Welcome and congratulations on your BFPs!

Northern ~ I am so sorry for your previous loss, and keeping everything that I can cross crossed that this will be an easy, healthy and uneventful pregnancy for you. My last loss, like yours, was found at the anatomy scan, though the baby had been dead for some time before. And like yours, it was a :DD:. It is and was the hardest thing I've ever been though, though it has gotten easier with time (a cliché I know, but true). I am very cautious about this pregnancy--reluctant to get my hopes up, and I am terrified, terrified of ultrasounds. I've had too much bad news from them in my life.
But it is totally possible that this time will be easy and uncomplicated, and that you'll end up with a healthy baby in your arms at the end of it. :fx:

Tiggerian
July 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Welcome to all the new girls =D

Pixi - What a foofy? O_o never heard that expression before :P and when are you due?

iwonder
July 24th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the new :pregnant: mamas. Sticky baby dust for all!

Northern_Shutterbug
July 25th, 2013, 02:32 AM
My temp dropped a bit this morning and my test isn't any darker, that with a constant bad feeling about this pregnancy, I'm not feeling at all hopeful :tissue:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7284/9361566753_e26831b929.jpg

thehappypixi
July 25th, 2013, 03:29 AM
LOL foofy is girl bits, maybe a North east expression! Due March 11th by my calculations :)

Tiggerian
July 25th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Oh shutterbug =( I hope your bean sticks around and is just being stubborn!! I had one like that and it turned out I had just ovulated a lot later than I thought, hence wasn't that far along. Fingers crossed your bean will pull itself together and start behaving :bighug:

Tiggerian
July 25th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Pixi - I'm in the UK too, never heard it. I've heard floof though :P Newcastle expression?! I'm closer to Birmingham xD

Tiggerian
July 25th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Oh, Shutterbug - have you considered trying to different type of test? I always struggle with the type your showing there. I used the ones from Tesco this time and got some really nice results (actually never had any as positive as the one I showed previously)

Northern_Shutterbug
July 25th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Tiggerian, I've got a test from the chemist but going to wait until after AF due until doing that one. Its due this Sunday, typically whilst I'm away on my birthday weekend! Not until I'm at least 7 days past AF due date will I feel a little bit more relaxed, but even then, until I have a baby in my arms I will not be getting too excited this time.

Tiggerian
July 25th, 2013, 04:26 AM
I completely understand - I was the same when I fell pregnant with my eldest son. I was able to relax a bit more with my second son, but still, until you reach the point and go "beyond" where it all went wrong, it's difficult to find peace.

sugarNspice
July 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Northern ~ Maybe try a different type of test? It's still so early. I had faint positives on FRER at 10 dpo, and 11 dpo was no darker at all, then started to darken nicely 12, 14 and 16 DPO this time around. Too early to lose hope yet, though also too early to know for sure either way. :fx: for you & your bean.

As for me, I had my first u/s this morning. 6w 6d by LMP, and measuring 6w 6d, with a heartbeat of 141. So looks good so far. I too won't stop worrying until at least 20+ weeks, with a good anatomy scan behind me.

For all you Ramzi believers, ovulated from the right ovary this time, and placenta implanted "right in the center" according to the tech. I'm not ready to obsess about gender yet. Not thinking about this. :think:

Tiggerian
July 25th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Oh grats on a good first scan! I got mine tomorrow and I don't know whether to feel nervous or excited.

I ovulated from the right side too, actually. Which side indicates what, Sugar?

sugarNspice
July 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM
:fx: for your scan tomorrow, Tiggerian. Let us know how it goes. For me, the emotional experience of ultrasound is awful, even when it goes well. I'm just so terrified each time, and I remember all the times I had bad news from an ultrasound. I don't think I'll even be able to relax while I'm having one.

Supposedly, right ovary = boy and left ovary = girl. Although I think the actual Ramzi study was based on implantation site and not which ovary the egg came from... If I remember correctly, atomic thinks it's more than 50% accurate, but not much more. So right ovary is bad news for me, and implanted right in the middle means, I don't know, nothing at all?

Tiggerian
July 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Who knows?! I tried to study my scan pictures with my children - my youngest, the placenta is on the right side it seems, and with my oldest it looks like it in the middle, but slightly tilted towards the left.

Im a wreck too. I had scan every week with my eldest (they thought he was too small) and every scan I was a paranoid wreck full of "what if..." - My OH says I think too much.

Actually, I'm so emotional this time. Our neighborhood stray cat, which we fed and let in occasionally (if he wanted to come in), died today and OH refused to tell me before the boys had gone to bed out of fear I'd burst into tears in front of them, that's how emo I've become. I knew it was coming tho, so I was fairly prepared - old cat, but still its very sad, he was a lovely cat who didn't deserve the treatment his previous owner gave him (got two dogs, kicked the cat out!) - she said, welling up again.. omg I think I'm just gonna go to bed!

Northern_Shutterbug
July 26th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Feeling a bit happier this morning as the test is darker

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5450/9366956249_dd579ccca7.jpg

Also lost some more weight, so very happy!

Tiggerian
July 26th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Defo getting darker, Shutterbug!

Had my scan today - everything looks great! Baby is about 3.7 mm which is perfect for 6 weeks and has a very strong heartbeat! No explanation for the pain, so maybe just ligament pains?! For now tho, everything is a-okay!

sugarNspice
July 26th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Tiggerian: I'm so glad. Was really hoping to hear this news today. :highfive: Here's hoping bean stays sticky and strong.

Northern: BFP looking good--much more promising today.

Tiggerian
July 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Well lady who scanned me said there's less than 10% risk of miscarrying after seeing a good, strong heartbeat and she said the heartbeat was as strong as it was gonna get, so we're happy =D

sugarNspice
July 26th, 2013, 01:35 PM
It's true, statistically speaking, that the risk of m/c is less than 10% once a good heartbeat has been seen. But (here's my moment of pessimism) it's also true that the risk of m/c following a CVS is less than 2%, and yet somehow that happened to me... Somehow the math doesn't quite add up, or else my luck is just very very bad.
Ok, end of moment of pessimism: obviously it was worth it to me to try again, and much of this is out of our hands anyway... All we can do is take good care of ourselves, pray, and accept that it's not within our control.

In other news, I just threw up, which actually makes me really happy: I take it as a good sign as far as viability goes. But I feel GROOOOSSSSSS.....

Tiggerian
July 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I don't know whether to congratulate you or feel yuck for you, :rofl:.

I know the statistics can work both ways - when I lost my first baby to a chromosomal and heart defect the odds for me to have a baby with those defects were near improbable, but it happened, yet somehow knowing the risk is now a lot smaller makes me feel alot more at ease.

Settastone
July 26th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Hi! Can I join you this group? I just got my BFP this morning, though I am tempted to take another test just in case! Based on my calculations I am due April 7th. I am really hoping for a girl but I barely swayed because I was going to start this upcoming month but got pregnant instead...oops! So I am mentally preparing myself for another boy. :)

Northern - congrats on the dark line! Its looking good!

Tiggerian
July 27th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Welcome Setta and congrats on the BFP

bloom78
July 27th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Hi ladies,
Can I please also join. I got my BFP on Thursday at 10dpo. I worked out my due date to be April 7th. We swayed pink.

Symptoms so far, this may sound crazy but 1dpo I had really bad chest pains and went to my GP, It was just heartburn which I never get and the only time I had it was preg with DS but I didn't get it until 6-7 weeks preg. I have also had a very achy left boob since about 4dpo. I have never had sore boobs not even with DS so I knew something was up this month before I got a BFP. Apart from that no sickness yet.

Tiggerian
July 27th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Could you please fill out the little form on page one? Its easier for me to copy/paste than having to write everything up everytime =D

Welcome to the club and grats on the BFP!

Lots of pink swayers, be interesting to see how many of us get our GD!

Northern_Shutterbug
July 27th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I'm now on my weekend away in a humongous suite at a gorgeous hotel!

Before we left I did another test - feeling a bit more relaxed!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7459/9374539913_a419877090.jpg

Tiggerian
July 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Defo getting darker =) No doubt there at all, is there bug?

Urgh I feel horrendous today! The fatigue is getting worst - i can barely stay awake. Nausea is coming in big waves too and completely overwhelm me until it disappears again. I'm hoping we are going to get a wet, cool summer from now or I might not survive O_O

sugarNspice
July 27th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Welcome, Setta & bloom! Wishing you both sticky pink beans, and easy healthy pregnancies.

Tiggerian--I'm right with you, the nausea is coming on all the time now. Queasiness and almost-vomiting throughout the day, with two bouts of actual vomiting yesterday. Another good sign in terms of risk of miscarriage, and I am trying to focus on this instead of on how icky I now feel. It is very hard to keep awake throughout the day, too. Yesterday, I had an hour and a half nap, then fell asleep while putting my daughter to bed at 9 pm, and slept until 8:30 am, when I was still exhausted getting out of bed. I could do with another nap right now.

Northern--BFPs are looking better and better, which is great news so far. Do you get betas?

Tiggerian
July 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Ive actually fell asleep twice today =/ NOT intentionally as im home alone with the kids. Ofc they took full advantage of it and started a water fight in the bathroom. I was NOT impressed! I just cant seem to stay awake for very long =/ Even with caffeine, tho im trying to keep it at a minimum.

Im seeing it as a good sign too tho - if my fatigue increases, so are my hormones which is good in terms of Roo!

iwonder
July 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Lookin good, Northern! Congrats.

I am with you guys on the nausea. I didn't have it at all with my other pregnancies, kinda caught me off guard this time. I feel hungover and carsick most of the day. No vomiting yet, but several times I almost did. Strong smells or unexpected smells really get me. But like Sugar said, it does make me feel a bit better thinking hormones must be rising. DH is pretty sympathetic to it and helps a lot to minimize my discomfort.

retrolove1
July 27th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Congratulations to everyone who has just got there BFP!!

Great to see you hear shutter_bug, your test are look very good!!!

I've had 2 weeks of extreme tiredness, 1 week of nausea and now I feel fine!! Is that normal? Xx

Tiggerian
July 27th, 2013, 05:52 PM
It happens! I did that with one of mine - then it all came back uuurgh >_< Enjoy it while it lasts, chances are it'll be back with a vengence!

Northern_Shutterbug
July 28th, 2013, 04:03 AM
I was nauseous from before AF was due with Evelyn and felt awful for it, but nothing this time, just like it was with the boys, so am even more sure this is a boy.

Tiggerian
July 28th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Did you sway to get pregnant this time, Shutterbug?

Northern_Shutterbug
July 28th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Yes, LE diet (with slightly higher protein levels), so didn't go completely vegetarian, didn't watch sodium though. Clomid and that was it. I was doing exercise randomly so not as recommended. I just had that deep down feeling with the boys that they were boys, with Evelyn deep down I thought girl but didn't want to admit it to myself of anyone so convinced myself I was wrong. This one just feels all boy. I guess if things go well, we'll find out in 12 weeks.

OnlyPraying
July 28th, 2013, 06:54 AM
A BIG welcome to the newbies!

Shutterbug awesome bfp progression!....

AFM: Just like most of you...im deep into nausea land right now, with an occasional visit to migraine-ville...lol...the only thing that seems to help is warm lemon water at night and short brisk walks in the evenings....the hardest part is dragging my bum out the door...the rest is easy....try the lemon water thing ladies...it works!

Northern_Shutterbug
July 28th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I shall be so very sad though to take down all the clothes and outfits I bought for Evelyn and have to sell them :tissue:

Sunflower3
July 28th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Hi! Can I join you?

User name: sunflower3
Due date: April 7, 2014
Swayed: girl
Expecting:?

I finally got my BFP after losing identical twins in December. I was 6 weeks 3 days when I lost them.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
My BFP was on 9 dpo. Hoping this is a healthy sticky bean!!! Hoping for a girl but ok adding another prince to my kingdom!

sugarNspice
July 28th, 2013, 10:50 AM
sunflower - congratulations, and welcome! Wishing you a sticky bean and healthy pregnancy!..

northern - LE Diet + Clomid is a really strong sway. Atomic said the success rates for that combination of sway tactics were around 90%. I did Clomid with a not-very-careful about counting calories LE diet (totally vegetarian, no breakfast and no snacking) last time around, and had a :DD: (that was my late loss) so I'd be pretty confident in my sway if I were you... of course, there's no way of knowing yet. I tried Clomid again this time, except I was apparently unable to get pregnant on it...

My nausea seems to be similar regardless of gender (though I have only daughters, I've m/c'd at least one boy, probably two). The only thing it that's clearly different for me is that the less sick I am, the more likely to have a chromosomally abnormal embryo that doesn't grow at all beyond the very early stages. I was sick even with my blighted ovum, though it was much less severe, and in hindsight, that was a bad sign. With DD#2, I was so sick (in the heat of the summer) that I was unable to keep water down, and ended up needing to go to the hospital to get IVs in order to rehydrate. Last time (chromosomally normal girl) I was sick, but not as sick as with DD#2. I was pretty severely sick with DD#1 too.

Sunflower3
July 28th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Sorry about your losses sugar. It's so hard.

I did the same. Le diet and clomid. It was my third month on clomid. Praying for a pink bundle!!!! Hoping I did enough to sway!

sugarNspice
July 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
This time around I did 4 cycles of Clomid (including 2 IUIs) and did not get pregnant. My periods had gotten super-light by the end of the last cycle, and I thought it was messing with my lining... DH and I did the IUIs to qualify for insurance coverage for HT, and so decided to stop TTC. We were waiting for coverage from a new policy to begin after switching insurers when I found I was pg this time. Kind of an oops.
I've always gotten pregnant super-easily, so taking over six months to conceive was a totally new experience for me... and I do wonder if Clomid was to blame (I was also taking BA, on the advice of my RE, and I got the bfp the first month I dropped it, so perhaps that was the culprit). Or perhaps I am just old. I've had a slew of chromosomally abnormal pregnancies in the past.

But on the whole I :heart: Clomid, because I think it's a great sway and b/c it also gives me much better progesterone, which has also been an issue for me.

Tiggerian
July 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Its so "funny" how different people react.

My DD, who had a chromosomal abnormality and heart defect, i had hyperemesis and if I wasnt sick, I was asleep! Literally constantly.

With DS1 - not a symptoms. Sore breasts for like 2 days, then nothing!

With DS2 - Nausea and vomitting from 6 weeks to 16 weeks, but no sore boobs.

this time my boobs are KILLING, theyve already grown loads! Nausea is also creeping up on me - currently all I can stomach is popcorn and ham/cheese toasties, everything else just makes me feel sick. Also really dizzy this time

With feeling... Ive had a clear feeling about gender aobut 15 weeks each time and not been wrong yet. This time, atm I'm feeling another boy, but we'll see if that changes! With my DD I just knew girl, with both boys I felt girl until about 15 weeks when I just "knew" they were boys (oddly enough, I had a dream with both of them - with DS1 I dreamt I went to a scan and they told me it was a boy and I freaked cause I did NOT want a boy! The next day I went for a scan and was actually told boy, didn't freak tho :P. With DS2 I dreamt I was out walking with my pram and someone asked what I had and I said boy)

Shutterbug - I think thats a pretty strong sway actually.

Welcome Sunflower =D

Tiggerian
July 28th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I didnt actually get to sway really.

I had done the LE diet, but found I had a health problem and everything stopped while I was being examined - they thought I had a brain tumour to start with, so it was an absolutely terrifying wait! Luckily I didn't and they didn't really find out what caused my problems. But they went away and we were referred to a clinic for fertility treatment. We just got our appointment through the door and the next week I tested positive :P

I had lost nearly 10 lbs in the month before and was on orlistat which blocks up to 30% of dietary fat from being absorbed. I was eating a calorie reduced diet, high in fruit and veg, low in meat (no red meat). I drank loooads of caffeine in the month before and the month I conceived, so will be interesting to see if what way thats swayed.

Due to my PCOS i'm more prone to having boys, but my diet this time was very different from when I conceived the boys. Still atm I think another boy and my partner does too :P

retrolove1
July 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I didn't do a great sway because my diet was such a boys diet so I found it too difficult to change everything. I still ate meat but cut down a lot especially on snacks.

All of my pregnancies have been different so far so I'm not sure but reckon another boy! X

bloom78
July 28th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Sorry to hear about the losses some of you ladies have had.

Not many symptoms for me yet but I am only just 4 weeks. I went and had my second lot of bloods this morning.

I had a dream last night that I gave birth to a little girl who was 7lb 7oz. Weird. I don't think I will ever have a baby that small!

Updating info

User name: Bloom78
Due date: April 7, 2014
Swayed: girl
Expecting:?

Northern_Shutterbug
July 29th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Urgh, put 2lb on this weekend!

But did a test this morning and it came up immediately:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5465/9389144345_7561216c8a.jpg

That's it - I'm not doing any more tests now, I'm going to wait patiently for a reassurance scan.

Sunflower3
July 29th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Urgh, put 2lb on this weekend!

But did a test this morning and it came up immediately:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5465/9389144345_7561216c8a.jpg

That's it - I'm not doing any more tests now, I'm going to wait patiently for a reassurance scan.

I'm doing the same northern! No
More tests.

I'm nauseous and congested which was the same when I was pregnant with the twins I lost. I also have cramps. Hard not to over analyze and be worried.

Northern_Shutterbug
July 29th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Apart from sore boobs, that's all I've got. Just like with my boys, with Evelyn I had the nausea.

Settastone
July 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Other than feeling a little more tired, I do not really have any symptoms either yet. I am only at 4 weeks though. I got nauseous at 6 weeks with my last pregnancy.

I have been feeling a super super dull ache near my right hip bone for the last week. Is anyone else experiencing this only on one side? I think I ovulated from my right and/or implanted on that side too. I had this with DS, but I remember it being more painful. I usually can tell what side I O from and it was confirmed that it was my right side with my DS too. Probably another boy for me...I just have this "feeling"...

Northern_Shutterbug
July 30th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Have waves of nausea today! Yey!! Hoping I get really sick (I know I'm mad!) but it'll give me some hope it may be a girl!

Due to the midwife and I being away, meaning I couldn't get booked in until past 8 weeks and the consultant needs the referral before then for my early scan, so she's coming here tomorrow to get me booked in and get the referral straight through. Am really pleased! Hopefully will have scan before the end of August!

Tiggerian
July 30th, 2013, 04:52 PM
My morning sickness has completely wiped me. I got mere moments of being nausea free and my fatigue is getting much worst - Im very worried how I will cope alone with the boys as OH has to work loads the next few weeks before school starts again =(

Northern_Shutterbug
July 31st, 2013, 04:13 AM
Got my booking in appointment this morning. I'm really impressed with the maternity team at the moment. Normally they take forever to do anything, but I emailed the genetic consultant directly saying we were pregnant again and before working hours the next morning he'd replied and had his PA chase my paperwork. Less than 12 hours after my email we'd already got an appointment for this Friday! Normally it takes 4 weeks if you go through the usual hospital means.

And when I phoned our consultants office (who's going to look after us this pregnancy, rather than the midwife team) they said to get my booking in done with the midwife, who would then do the referral to their team, but it needed to be done soon because I need an 8 week scan

So phoned to get a midwife appointment and because she's away from this afternoon for 2 weeks, then we're away, which would mean not getting an appointment until I'm 8 weeks, which would delay the scan. So, she's coming to see me this morning - AT HOME! - and faxing the referral straight after.

I'm so impressed with how helpful and sympathic everyone has been.

Settastone
July 31st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Do we want to add bump pictures to this thread for March, April and May babies? Or should we do it on a separate thread? Obviously it is a bit early for most of us but I thought I would see if anyone would be interested. :)

thehappypixi
July 31st, 2013, 02:44 PM
I have a very impressive gas and food bump... not sure anyone wants to see that!

Tiggerian
July 31st, 2013, 07:52 PM
No add away! ITs what this thread is here for - sharing and caring!

I had an almighty impressive bump to begin with but its deflated and now I just got a food baby again (let's just say I know the muffin man well!)

Still being steamrolled by morning sickness and fatigue. But I got my 12 week scan through the post and am going in the 9th of sept, unfortunately it looks like I'll be going alone this time as we struggle to find child care and having already been through several bad scans I don't want the boys to be there if its bad news again.

bloom78
July 31st, 2013, 10:38 PM
Other than feeling a little more tired, I do not really have any symptoms either yet. I am only at 4 weeks though. I got nauseous at 6 weeks with my last pregnancy.

I have been feeling a super super dull ache near my right hip bone for the last week. Is anyone else experiencing this only on one side? I think I ovulated from my right and/or implanted on that side too. I had this with DS, but I remember it being more painful. I usually can tell what side I O from and it was confirmed that it was my right side with my DS too. Probably another boy for me...I just have this "feeling"...

I have had the dull cramp pain on my left side. I had it on that side also with my DS.

Thats exciting Tiggerian that you have got the forms and booked your 12 week scan. Its such a huge relief once you see your little one at that scan and check everything is ok.
We have booked our 8 week dating scan for late August. 12 weeks can't come soon enough!

thehappypixi
August 1st, 2013, 04:50 AM
I've booked a MW app for Monday :D
Feeling alright at the moment, I still get nauseous but I've found if I eat steadily and don't get too full, or too empty, it is better.
I get a lot of 'girl' feelings. I'm trying not to, as I don't want to build myself up to a bigger fall but I can't help it. Doesn't help when my eldest hugs my belly and says 'she' a lot. He does however sometimes call his little brother she so not so spooky!
I can feel my uterus now, just about. It's popped up slightly from behind my pubic bone. Nice to know its growing :) I miss not having had an early scan this time, but with this one at least I have some nausea which lets me know everything it ok!

Tiggerian
August 1st, 2013, 05:40 AM
I've had "the dream" - Like with my other kids I've always had a 'dream' about what gender I'm having and with the others its always been right. This time I dreamt we went in to the hospital as I went into labour 'early' and we had a girl! I'm not too trusting atm as it might just be my hopes weaving its way into my dreams, but so far I'm getting more and more girl feelings. It's the second "its a girl" dream I've had this pregnancy though. Hmm..!

Nausea from Hell still reeling its ugly face

Northern_Shutterbug
August 1st, 2013, 06:23 AM
I've not had any dreams as yet but goodness this pregnancy is different so far! Every other time I've been exhausted, but this time I just can't sleep! I'm constantly waking at night, so am tired the next day but when I try to nap it's like I'm on energiser tablets!

I went to the loo 5 times last night, just because I was waking up and I was hoping that I'd get out of the waking cycle by walking around.

Also, normally for the first few weeks I'm ravenous, but I'm just not that hungry this time. It's weird. That's why I'm still not trusting this will work out.

Tiggerian
August 1st, 2013, 09:46 AM
Well like I've told you before, all my pregnancies have been completely different.

With the boys atleast I functioned - this time, the nausea, the fatigue, the dizziness - its actually pretty horrible and i just want this first trimester over and done with.

Sunflower3
August 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
I have some bad news. I started spotting this morning. Red blood. I took a pregnancy test a couple hours ago. It's still positive. Light second line but it could be bc my pee was so diluted. Has this happened to anyone else?

thehappypixi
August 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
I had quite a lot of a bleed with my first, think I was about 6 weeks. Phoned docs and they got me an early scan very quickly. I was so sure it was all over. Luckily all was well and they could see the area the bleed had come from. Have you had any pain or cramps?

Sunflower3
August 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM
I'm out. Digital was negative this afternoon. The bleeding is also really heavy now.

Sunflower3
August 1st, 2013, 09:42 PM
Tiggerian - can you take me off the dd list? Thanks.

bloom78
August 1st, 2013, 09:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Sunflower. Thoughts are with you.

thehappypixi
August 2nd, 2013, 05:28 AM
:( So sorry Sunflower xxx

Butterfly Spirit
August 2nd, 2013, 05:52 AM
I'm so very very sorry Sunflower! :broken:
After my loss was confirmed I took Red Raspberry Leaf capsules and Vitex.
The RRL strengthened my uterus, and the vitex helped me conceive again before my next cycle.
I know it's so very hard, and it's certainly not fair.
I'll send prayers your way sweet lady! :HH:

3boys
August 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss sunflower xx

Northern_Shutterbug
August 2nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Well, we saw the genetisist today and he's not sure at all where we stand. He's never heard of the heterotaxy causing the brain problems, so either they are two separate issues, or they are linked but its a syndrome not seen before.

Our next step is for them to see if there's any tissue samples still left from the post mortem then they can do mapping on. This will tell us:

1, if it was a one off genetic issue that was a dominant gene which would just have just come up in Evelyn. if so, the reoccurrence rate would be around 5%. We'll then just have to have regular scans to check the brain and organs.
2, its two recessive genes from both hubby and I which have come together. If so, we have a 25% chance of it happening again - and we have been lucky that it hasn't happened before. They then need to test hubby and I, and I will need a CVS to see if baby has it.

So now we have to wait 2 weeks - 3 months for them to test any DNA they may have left over. I'm hoping its sooner rather than later.

But, now feeling more down about this pregnancy and worried we'll have to go through the whole heartache again.

Sunflower3
August 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss sunflower xx

Thanks 3boys!

Sunflower3
August 2nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
I'm so very very sorry Sunflower! :broken:
After my loss was confirmed I took Red Raspberry Leaf capsules and Vitex.
The RRL strengthened my uterus, and the vitex helped me conceive again before my next cycle.
I know it's so very hard, and it's certainly not fair.
I'll send prayers your way sweet lady! :HH:

Thanks butterfly! I'm really very shocked but I had bloods done yesterday. No more hormones in my system do I can ttc again this cycle!

Tiggerian
August 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss sunflower! I haven't seen it before now, but ofc I'll take you off the list, altho I'm very sad to have to remove anyone =(

Northern_Shutterbug
August 5th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Hi Ladies,

Had some weird dreams last night! Dreamt my best friend had twins, my mum had quadruplets and that I was having a girl. Seeing as my mum had a hysterectomy years ago, I know there not going to be true, my friend may be trying but doubt twins, so I don't think mine will be true either.

Tiggerian
August 5th, 2013, 07:02 AM
You never know - I dreamt I screamed and screamed at the sonographer who told me i was ahving a boy with my first and that didn't happen.

sugarNspice
August 6th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Just popping in to say a quick hello. We're just back from a week's vacation, which was fun, though I was sick the whole time. Not really vomiting much, but feeling carsick, or like I have a hangover. Dizzy, nauseous, queasy lurching stomach, headache. I'm kind of miserable at this point--just waiting for the first trimester to end.

Sunflower ~ I'm so sorry.

Northern ~ That's actually quite specific, and a lot of info, I think. My late loss had normal chromosomes, and beyond that they really couldn't tell much about why it happened. I did have a CVS with the pregnancy (having had so many chromosomally abnormal conceptions) so that might have caused it. The baby was so decayed by the time they took it out that they couldn't get much information on possible anatomical problems. It's hard not knowing what went wrong--I know I'll never have a CVS again, and I do discourage others from getting the procedure (get an amnio instead--it's lower risk and more accurate), but I also know that there could be something else wrong which may well happen again. If it does, we're done. One thing I'm sure of: if this pg ends in another late loss, we will move on with the family we already have...
Waves to everyone!

2bnaday
August 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Just wanted to say hi...I very much hope to join you ladies in expecting a May baby :) I am anxiously awaiting this next cycle to start again and hope it's the lucky one! We have two boys and this time are swaying pink, like everyone else so far! :)

I also wanted to say that you all are a very brave and strong bunch - I am so sorry for those of you with losses and very much admire your strength and courage. Hope all your pregnancies continue healthily and smoothly.

Northern_Shutterbug
August 8th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Did an opk today to see how it would show up as I've not done it before and some people on another forum are saying "I've got a line on an opk after ovulation - I'M PREGNANT!!". I obviously know you can always have a line, as I always do. So now I can see that if you are pregnant, it's WAY darker than the control line!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5521/9462276457_94cc397649.jpg

sugarNspice
August 9th, 2013, 12:08 PM
wow, that's *really* dark, Northern. Another hopeful sign. :happy:

Tiggerian
August 10th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Well I gotta admit - I feel like utter shite! Pardon my french...

My loo and I have gotten uncomfortable close and I spend so much time out there my CATS ahve started sleeping on the toilet for company :P which is pretty bad! My cravings change constantly - mostly fish and salty foods. Tuna is the BEST i can get atm, but I know to keep it within the allowed limits, which sucks because I wants tuna constantly! Makrel in tomato sauce is a hit too. My partner is NOT impressed :P

I can't wait for all this to be over and become normal again. My fatigue is still a huge issue and I find if I sleep LESS than 14 hours a night I can't keep my eyes open during the day. My boys are good as gold tho - they keep stroking my cheek and my hair, bringing me water and biscuits and they bring their toys to me so we can play together. I still feel really bad though.

My OH has started to re-do our bedroom. He thought he'd surprise me and get the paint - I'd found this lush blue-ish lavender that I loved, but they didn't have it, so he bought the closest he could find - a light pinkisk lilac, which turned out to be a very purple lavender :P But its all good!

I'm getting more of a boy vibe now too. Got my 12 week scan the 9th sept.

gurly
August 10th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Gurly
Swayed pink
Due date April 15 (tax day!)

First doctors app isn't for another 3 weeks eeek!

sugarNspice
August 10th, 2013, 11:06 AM
gurly - Congrats and welcome!!! :cheer:

Tiggerian - I'm right here with you. Oh, I feel like crap most of the time, most days. Nauseous, though not vomiting too often (which still makes me worried), spending lots of time in the bathroom (my kitty has taken to napping on the bath mat while I'm in there), and dizzy and headachy. Feeling like I have a hangover, and wanting to do nothing but sleep. I still can't shake the feeling that this isn't going to work out, that the bean might not even be alive in there anymore, that I'm going through all of this feeling icky for nothing. And my house is so dirty, my kids are being neglected, I get nothing done... because I'm really not functioning. Ick, I so can't wait for the second trimester--to feel better and be reassured that I'm still pregnant, all at once.

Tiggerian
August 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Well I hope this will make you feel a bit better - I'm in a different due date club and altho we all feel nauseas from time to time its actually very few of us who are throwing up and the other girls have all had scans recently and all is going well.

gurly
August 10th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I wish the scan was sooner! Sucks to wait so long just to confirm my pregnancy is viable. I can't help but worry, I actually bought a couple of tests so I can make sure they're still positive every few days, over the next couple of weeks. Can't relax till I hear that precious heartbeat

sugarNspice
August 11th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Tiggerian - I know, I make no sense. :rofl: It's like, on the one hand, I'm miserable because I feel awful, and on the other hand, I'm miserable because I don't feel awful enough... There's just no way around this except waiting until some of the awful 1st trimester hormones subside. (and probably more good scans. lots more good scans.)

Gurly - Oh, yes. Waiting for ultrasound is so hard. And I have had losses after good heartbeats and development were found, which makes them less reassuring for me (and just makes me want more and more of them). This time around, I kept telling myself that the longer I waited for the first u/s, the better the information it would provide (this, statistically speaking, is true--you are even less likely to miscarry after seeing a strong heartbeat and appropriate for dates growth later in the first tri than you are after seeing them early on, though both are very good signs). Somehow, repeating to myself that the longer I waited, the more certain the good news, over and over again, really helped me this time around.

HopefulMonster
August 12th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Cautiously waving and saying hello!

EDD: 20th april
swayed - pink, like everyone else it seems!

Have had previous missed miscarriages so very anxious at the minute just want to make it to and through the first scan with heartbeats found then I will relax a little!

gurly
August 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Cautiously waving and saying hello!

EDD: 20th april
swayed - pink, like everyone else it seems!

Have had previous missed miscarriages so very anxious at the minute just want to make it to and through the first scan with heartbeats found then I will relax a little!

Congratulations!

retrolove1
August 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Just a quick post to say hello to all of the newbies!

I have my 12 week scan on the 19th, very excited :) xx

tmbabcock
August 13th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Due date: April 25
swayed: :DS:
expecting: ?

Got my BFP today!

Settastone
August 13th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Due date: April 25
swayed: :DS:
expecting: ?

Got my BFP today!

Welcome and congrats!

Ribenaberry
August 13th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Can i dip my little toe in?

I got a really faint bfp yesterday at 10dpo, a darker one today, but ive had 3 miscarriages in total, and i dont take a bfp for granted anymore!!

Username : Ribenaberry
Due date : 25th April 2014
Swayed : blue

I no longer care about the gender as long as i get to give this baby cuddles and watch it grow up!!

I'm going to test again on Friday when af is due, and hope for a strong line. Then im going to register with the midwife on Monday, I dont know if she'll refer me to the miscarriage consultant again, part of me hopes so as ill get an early scan - but i am also terrified of scans so i am not sure i want an early one!!

I hope all the sickness is starting to go off for you ladies, it is def the worst part of the first trimester!

Xxx

Kitty0911
August 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM
User name: Kitty0911
Due Date: April 10th 2014
Swayed: Girl
Expecting:

First appointment isn't for another 6 weeks. Hoping I get to hear a good strong heartbeat!

sugarNspice
August 13th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Congrats & welcome to tmbabcock, kitty, ribena & hopeful. Wishing you all healthy heartbeats at your scans, and sticky beans!

Ribena - I totally know what you mean about scans. I am so terrified of them that I refuse to go to my ob's regular ultrasound place--I make them send me elsewhere, even though it's less conveniently located. I have heard bad news there so many times that I don't think I can even go into their waiting room without freaking out. I got anxious even for my uterine lining/ovarian response monitoring u/s--when I wasn't even pregnant, I'd still be like, "please don't tell me that something has died"

tmbabcock
August 13th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Can anyone tell me a good place to look for a midwife. My first 2 were with OBs and this time I am contemplating a midwife and home birth. I'm not exactly sure where to look though. I've tried googling for Illinois but nothing really comes up. It's something that I would definitely like more info on though. Thanks!

Ribenaberry
August 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Im already a bit worried about the 12 week scan, ive already convinced myself i wont make it that far, just to make it easier to bear.

Ive had a lovely day with dd1 today, its taken my mind off being pg and ive had to remind myself a few times! I feel a bit icky but no real nausea yet. I really wanted sausages for my lunch and didnt have any and couldnt eat anything else!! Cant keep that up lol

Hope everyone has had a happy day

Xxx

Ribenaberry
August 14th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Right, do i test in the morning so i dont spend all day tomorrow thinking about testing on friday and risk getting a faint line?

Or do i spend all day tomorrow thinking aboutvit and test on fridayvwhen af is due and im likely to get a better line??

And the craziness begins ha!!

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 14th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Hahaha aww I totally feel your pain Ribena!! I had 2 missed mcs that only got picked up when I went for my 12wk scan. First time was a hideous bombshell because I figured mc = bleeding etc, I didn't know that kind of thing could happen. Very hard to bounce back from. 2nd time I felt like the unluckiest person in the world, so I literally HATE scans, I can't sleep thinking about them and get horrible nightmares leading up to them!

I actually spent all yesterday in a huge anxious depression because I realised my boobs weren't very sore and they were definitely mega sore last pregnancy so I spent all day prodding and poking them and googling it. Now today they're pretty sore but it's probably just because I've mauled with them so much!

I vote wait on the test. I took one then took one 2 days after and spent hours obsessing about whether the line was darker and did it look like it meant my levels had doubled because shouldn't it have looked darker than it did... blaaaargh! It was worse than waiting to test! I have one hpt left I'm trying to hold out from doing it as we speak haha!

I think I'm going to try and get an early scan about 7-8 weeks so I can see if there's a heartbeat. There's an early pregnancy unit near me that lets you self refer. Would mean I don't have to wait another month for bad news if god forbid it is bad news, and it means I can probably relax a little if they see a heartbeat (god willing, fingers crossed, touch wood etc etc)

Settastone
August 14th, 2013, 11:42 PM
My boobs have not been sore at all this pregnancy which makes me nervous. Not even a little bit. That was my first symptom with my DS so it has me in a bit of a panic. Not sure if they are just desensitized after nursing for 16 months or what!? My first scan is not for another two weeks. I just started feeling a tiny bit nauseous this week so I am hoping that is a good sign.

Have anyone else's boobs not been sore on subsequent pregnancies?

tmbabcock
August 15th, 2013, 01:11 AM
In both my previous pregnancies I didn't get sore boobs till my 3rd trimester. I wouldn't think to much on it. I know some women who never got sore boobs at all during pregnancy.

Ribenaberry
August 15th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Ive got really tingly boobs this time, i dont remember it being this much with the girls. Ive got weird nipples too lol.

I took your advice hopeful monster! I feel nauseous this morning, nothing like i did with the girls yet though, more just waves of it. Im so tired though, i feel like a SIM, where i have to direct myself to do certain jobs before my fat arse just sits itself down :rofl: so hopefully there will be a nice line in the morning, i remember that they still can take a while to show so as long as it is darker than last time i will try to read into it too much.

Im still not sure about a scan, the epu is self referal here too, but they only scan if they suspect something is wrong, not for reassurance so we would have to go private. Last time i went private the baby had died at 6 weeks so i dont want to do that again either!! Cant win lol. I think i will see how i feel at 6/7 weeks, as i wouldnt want a scan til 9weeks anyway so can book something then. I figured it changes nothing, and i dont want the three weeks of waiting around for an answer again!

I hope everyone gets take home babies, i think we all deserve it!!

Xxxx

sugarNspice
August 15th, 2013, 07:44 PM
tmbabcock ~ Find a doula! DONA International &ndash; Welcome! (http://www.dona.org/)
Seriously, doulas in your area will probably meet with you free of charge to talk about hospitals, homebirths, midwives and all things birthing. You can decide then if one of them is a good fit for you, and even if you don't end up deciding to hire one, a good doula will know more than almost anyone else about the different natural birthing options near you. Doulas, as a rule, love to talk about birth, and an experienced doula will have seen lots of different OBs, midwives, etc. in action, and be able to tell you a *lot* about how they work and how likely they are to cut an episiotomy, push an epidural, etc.

Ribena ~ I too vote to wait on the testing. But then, I've had great darkening lines, good betas, etc. and still lost the pregnancy. So dark lines don't reassure me so much. Early scans, on the other hand, if they show a heartbeat, appropriate development, etc. *are* very reassuring, so if you can get one, I'd do it. Would the epu scan you if you said you were having cramping? Not that I'm advocating lying, exactly, but just that if you've had prior m/c and a reassuring scan can reduce your stress levels, really lower levels of stress hormones in your body are good for you & your baby.... :fx: for a nice dark line tomorrow am.

As for me, bean was measuring right on target for dates on u/s, with a heartbeat of 175 audible on the Doppler this morning. :happy: My OB is recommending bi-weekly ultrasounds until the anatomy scan at 18 weeks, so I (hopefully) will get lots of reassurance in the coming weeks. And I didn't even have to ask for this. But then, I've had so many losses, so... I had so few scans with my DDs, and so many fewer worries with those pregnancies.

SoulSister
August 15th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone,
I have not posted much on this site, but read all the time.

Username: soul sister
Due Date: 1st April 2014
Swayed: didn't, but starting to wish I had! Hoping for pink.
Expecting:

I am feeling so horrible I can't sleep. And that leaves 24/7 to obsess about gender. I am feeling depressed already. I wish I didn't feel like this!
It's such a weird mix of hoping this baby sticks and wondering if its all for nothing, and feeling guilty for wanting a girl, and depressed if I consider another boy. And I think it is a boy. I had a dating scan for reassurance, and without thinking said 'he' and I just knew it was! I feel like a terrible person!

Ribenaberry
August 16th, 2013, 04:32 AM
They wont scan unless you are bleeding at ours, and only after 6 weeks.

I am glad i waited til this morning!!

Thats a pretty good line for 14dpo, so i feel happy today. I feel like i can start to be positive about it. Ive found it hard til now to visualise a baby, but i had a friend who said cherish every baby no matter how long you get to carry them, so i think ill allow myself to be excited even though nothing is certain :)

I think everyone feels a bit like that when youve got all one gender soulsister, dont feel guilty. You will love him when he is here, thats if it is a he! You never know, mothers intuition is 50:50, not everyone gets it right ;).

So happy your scan went well this morning!! Brilliant news, and lots of scans to check too, that should make it easier to know everything is going well, although the waiting for it might not be fun :(

Hope everyone is having a good day

Xxx

sugarNspice
August 16th, 2013, 09:22 AM
nice line!

Northern_Shutterbug
August 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Hi All,

Been away this week and been absolutely stuffing myself. I am scared to step on the scales tomorrow.

Haven't felt pregnant at all, and just have sore boobs today. I've pretty much convinced myself that this pregnancy isn't going to progress. We've heard from our consultant too, who's said that they don't have enough DNA stored to do full genetic testing on Evelyn, so we are heading blind still.

Hoping things are going well with everyone. Have our scan in 2 weeks, a bit worrying.

retrolove1
August 17th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Ah I'm sorry shutter_bug, it most be horrible not knowing what is happening/going to happen. Will they give you extra scans? xx

HopefulMonster
August 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
If it makes you feel better shutterbug with my last mmc I had SUCH strong symptoms. My boobs were agony I couldn't even bear to wear a bra I had to hold them walking down the stairs as the gravity just made them hurt so much, and I was puking all the time, yet the scan showed the baby had stopped growing at 5wks. My successful pregnany my boobs were barely sore at all just a bit tender, and I only felt sick, so the symptom strength doesn't mean anything xxxxxx

Ribenaberry
August 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Yes, symptoms mean nothing, and so does a lack of them, so please dont feel badly about this pregnancy based on that. I know how it feels though, symptoms do give you something to make you feel pregnant in the early stages. I have everything crossed that Evelyns prblems were a one offvand this baby is for keeps ns.

I am so bloated today, ive just driven for 2 hours feeling so uncomfortable and unable to let rip because mil was in the car!! :rofl: i totally forgot how uncomfy the first few weeks are!

Hope everyone has had a good day :)

Xxx

Northern_Shutterbug
August 17th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Its not the lack of symptoms, I didn't have anything with my boys, its just a general feeling. I don't 'feel' pregnant and just keep forgetting. I'd normally be rubbing my 'bump' by now and getting excited about things we can buy, when the scan is, etc, but just have none of that.

Got a scan in less than 2 weeks, maybe then I'll actually think I'm pregnant!

Tiggerian
August 18th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Right - list has been updated and welcome + congrats to all the new girls on the list =D

Sorry for the delay, I'm still feeling god awful and spend my day alternating between my bathroom and my bed atm!

Tiggerian
August 18th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Currently we stand at:

13 :ttcgirl:
2 :ttcboy:
3 who didn't sway

tmbabcock
August 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM
We'll I am 4 wks 2 days and I have finally started having some symptoms. I have been peeing A LOT, I am constantly hungry, and I am so over emotional. Way more than usual. I feel like I've been crying about the most stupid stuff. Haven't even felt a slight bit of morning sickness. With DD1 I had it really, really bad and DD2 I had absolutely nothing so I am hoping I won't get it this time.

Had a really rough couple of days as well. So I went to schedule a dr's appt and called the new OB I will be going to. (DH refuses to let me do a home birth. Spoil sport) I gave them all my info over the phone so they had it. Well I got a call back a day later later and they told me my insurance isn't going to cover my pregnancy. I called my insurance to ask why because I bought a maternity rider 2 years ago and have been paying for it for the past 2 years. They said I never bought it. I said yes I did and have been paying for it. It's on the initial paperwork you sent me when I first signed up. So I faxed them the paperwork and they said well for some reason it wasn't added on our end and if we add it now it still won't cover this pregnancy. I was beyond mad as hell. So I was freaking out. Well it turns out our OB accepts carecredit, which we have a credit card for so as long as we can get the credit limit increased we will be able to pay for the prenatal package the OB offers. If we can't get the increase there is a personal financing place in town that we already have an approved amount through (we had to get a lot of work done on our cars a couple months back) that we can use to pay it. The only thing is not I won't be able to get in to the dr. till I'm like 12-14 weeks pregnant. It really hard to get into this OB and I was already gonna have to wait about 5 weeks to get my initial appoint and now I can't make an appt until we get payment settled which could take anywhere from a week to 3 weeks. Once payment is settled THEN I can schedule an appointment and it will be a 5 to 6 weeks wait from there. This is just such a headache and I want to scream. I guess the only not so bad thing is the hospital we're having the baby at offers 100% financial assistance if you're below the 300% poverty level which we are so the labor and delivery will be covered. I looked into Medicaid and my husband makes 300$ gross over the limit. If they went off of net pay we would totally get it but they don't. I am just so mad with that insurance company. I immediately dropped them. I faxed in the letter to cancel my policy on Friday.

On top of that because of all this stress I haven't been sleeping more that 3 hours a night. I'm not falling asleep till like 5 in the morning and waking up at 8. Bleh!

Ribenaberry
August 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Oh my god tmb, thats shocking!!!! Id be looking into legal advice over the policy as that is their fault not yours which is going to cost you a fortune!!

I know what you mean about symptoms stepping up a gear, im so tired today i dont know why im not in bed!! And the emotions too.

I have managed not to let it slip this weekend about the baby to any family, although i think my mum suspects lol. We have decided to wait til 8 weeks to tell anyone, although ill need to sort out my midwife appt so ill prob have to tell my headteacher when we go back.

Hope everyone is well!

Xxx

tmbabcock
August 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Well the prenatal package that we're paying for is only about 3000 which isn't to bad plus like I said the labor and delivery will be covered by the hospital. Apparently they weren't charging me for the maternity rider so there's nothing I can do even though I signed up for it. I didn't even notice because all my bills are automatically withdrawn every month so I don't really pay attention. To what's charged.

With my first two we basically told everyone immediately but this time we're gonna wait. We figured we would tell everyone at thanksgiving since I will be 18 weeks that week. We'll already know the sex by then. I really don't want to hear everyone constantly going on about how we might have 3 girls. Even though I know I'll get over it and be just as happy if it's a girl I really don't want here everyone going on and on which my family will. The only 2 people that know are my best friend and sister.

HopefulMonster
August 18th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Wow that's awful tmba, I really feel for you :(

I have bad news of my own as hubby has just been dismissed from work! Absolutely gutted because I'm currently a stay at home mum so this means we've no money coming in at all now. He's appealing that it is unfair (its basically because his new manager hates him, also because they have screwed him out of 3 weeks wages in his dismissal payments) but it is a huge worry, especially as with the current job market trying to get a new job with his last one ending in dismissal will be a nightmare. Trying not to worry about it as I don't want it to affect the baby. Also concerned because my mum is going to be pissy with us for having another baby full stop, let alone if it turns out we are in financial trouble due to hubby being dismissed. Gaarg! How is everyone else doing? Any morning sickness yet?

Northern_Shutterbug
August 19th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Hopeful - get onto CAB immediately, there's procedures for them to follow for dismissal. Was it on gross misconduct, or did he get the two written warnings after a verbal one? Gross misconduct means they can fire him immediately, but sometimes it can be argued if it was constructed (as I had once!). If they've just fired him with no warnings, then he can fight back and at least fight for compensation.

As for getting another job, he doesn't have to say he was dismissed, just that he left, and the previous company cannot tell them either (unless it was for criminal reasons), they are only allowed to state the time worked and attendance. If they say anything else you can have then for deformation!

Ribenaberry
August 19th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Oh hm thats really bad news!! I hope he can get something soon, or at least the money he is owed! Def get onto cab, they have always been brilliant when ive needed them.

I suppose 3k is not too bad tmb, but its a lot of money if youre not expecting it! I am pretty sure though if its on the paperwork and youve had nothing that says otherwise you can sue them, how are you meant to know they werent charging you for it? You assume the amount you are paying is for what you signed up for, even if it is cheaper than expected. Massive pain in the arse though!

I took another test this morning, the line started to show before the dye got to the control line, and the two lines are pretty similar in colour too :D it always makes me feel better when the lines are strong, it at least means things are progressing now! At 4+3 and already in maternity clothes, i dont think we can hide this til we know the sex, we will be lucky if we can hide it til the 12 week scan lol!

Im starting to feel crappy hm, mostly tired and off my food. I hope i dont get it like i did with dd1, that was awful car sickness 24/7, with dd2 it was more waves of sickness that made me feel like throwing up. But as long as everything is healthy i can put up with 8 months of feeling crappy lol!

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 19th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Thanks so much northern, no not gross misconduct - basically his new manager hates him and has been desperate to get rid of him. Hubby had a letter of concern because the assistant manager on duty left the safe unlocked, the banking on the side, and the banking forms incomplete. He argued that he wasn't the manager on duty and it wasn't him who did the banking and he wasn't responsible for the errors so it wasn't fair he got a letter of concern (that his boss never even spoke to him about, just left in the office for him to find) but his boss was dismissive and wouldn't talk to him about it. A month later and it seems hubby failed to properly seal the loomis (banking money bag thing) fully when he completed it and secured it into the safe. For this, his manager subjected him to a disciplinary hearing and put him straight on a final written warning, which is so freaking petty! It seems unfair that the assistant manager got a letter of concern for leaving banking incomplete on the side and an open safe, whereas hubby gets a final written warning for a bag not being fully sealed though it was properly completed and secured in the safe. Now hubby has made a stupid mistake and forgot to sign his name on an unimportant form, but his boss has obviously grabbed the chance and used it to dismiss him for misconduct added with the other things. His dismissal letter gave him 3 weeks notice, and told him he had 2 weeks holiday left but he wont get the money because he has to take his holiday instead of working his notice. Nice huh! Nearly 5 years working there with never a problem, hubby loves his job and is really upset at how they've treated him.

Though I feel better that you don't have to mention you've been dismissed, as he's really worried about being able to get another job should his appeal not work. I've told hubby if I get bad morning sickness I'm going to go puke on the floor of his store every few days hahaha

Ribenaberry
August 19th, 2013, 06:15 AM
I reckon he should get onto hr and put in a complaint of bullying from the manager, quoting all that youve said, how staff are not being treated consistently. I am pretty sure there are written procedures to follow for warnings, you cant just give them out because you feel like it! Your hubby just needs to be careful that none of the things he has done are on the "list" which hr will be able to tell him. They cant force him to use his holidays as notice either - they can give him gardening leave but they still have to pay him his holidays. Def ring hr, dont take this man at his word, he is clearly a bully, and hr will only know of the warnings not the rest of the story.

Good luck with it

Xxx

Tiggerian
August 19th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Oh my ladies - you've really got your fair share of bad luck at the moment don't you!?

tmbab - I don't really know anything about the US system, but that seriously sucks! If it was on the paperwork its obviously THEIR mistake, but if they haven't charged you.. yea its a pickle! But I hope you get it all sorted so you can start you prenatal care! Isn't there anyone who can lend you the money so you can get in a bit sooner?

Monster - from what I can see that is definitely unfair dismissal. He shouldn't even have been told about the managers mistake - that's nothing to do with him and going straight on final warning for a seal? I'm sorry, but I did that once by mistake and I was given a verbal warning and told not to do it again! There was a good £5k in that bag! It was just a mistake - it happens!

Well, from my own life - everything is going pretty well for us. My partner has started an online business and so far he's doing quite alright. We aren't expecting a return the first few months as all revenue will go straight back into the business. He still has his regular day-job, but hopefully within a year or so he'll be doing well enough to make it his full time job. Who knows!? We're taking it a step at a time.

From a health perspective, oh I'm going crazy. Morning sickness seemed to be baiting off, but its come back full fury! My SPD has kicked in and walking more than 30 mins is painful. I'm also struggling to sleep due to back pain (I had a spinal block after giving birth to both boys due to injuries, which is why I'm not allowed to give birth again (the injuries) and with my eldest son the guy - it was his FIRST time doing it and he put it in wrong SIX times and forgot the local anesthetic, still hurts nearly 5 years after!).

They found I had a UTI and was put on antibiotics. They then did a second sample and it came back positive for Grp B strep - urgh... so that's what was causing the UTI. So straight back on more antibiotics! Loverly...

They also did my bloods and true to form I was splat on the floor after they failed to draw any blood from me (I got 5 lovely bruises from it!). I'm so hard to bleed and for some reason that day I just couldn't take it and passed out. My BP crashed really low and I had to stay until someone could pick me up!

Other than that, everything is good :P Got my next scan the 9th sept.

Ribenaberry
August 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Ooh not too long for your scan T, i had group b strep withdd2 and it meant imhad to go to the hospital not the birth centre, i was gutted! But turns out our new hospital is pretty nice lol so i didnt miss much! Didnt know it could cause uti's though, thats very pants!

I just dont feel pregnant. I dont know what i am expecting, i feel tired, bloated and nauseous, but i cant seem to get my head around the fact i might have another baby in 8 months time!! Did anyone else feel like this? Maybe its just my brain preparing me because of all the mc's, i dont know! Its unnerving though!

Looking forward to people having their scans sooon, and some more ladies joining us from 2ww! We need some more blue swayers to even it out lol!

Xxx

Tiggerian
August 20th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I don't feel pregnant either despite being swarmed with symptoms. It feels a bit like the twilight zone because when the baby moves, atleast you know baby is okay - when you cant yet feel it, all you can do is rely on silly things like "oh no my nausea is going t osoon, is baby ok?" or "im not nauseas at all, baby cant be right" - drives you mad, doesn't it? I cant wait for my scan!

Gonna be 10 weeks on friday - atleast time is moving fast =D

tmbabcock
August 20th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Ribenaberry - Honestly I don't feel pregnant either. I didn't with my last pregnancy till I started getting big. I just think it's because the most common first trimester symptom is morning sickness and when it's not raging most women don't feel pregnant. I felt the same way with DD2 and now. And I just realized you and I have the same due date! Lol

Ribenaberry
August 21st, 2013, 04:33 AM
I just need to keep reminding myself im not even 5 weeks yet, so there is nothing to feel!

Ive decided i want twin boys lol! Hubby would faint in the scan room :rofl: but id love it!! 2 girls and two little boys would be ace. Obviously i will be ecstatic with a take home healthy baby of any gender, but it would be pretty cool ha! We think dd1 was nearly a twin, there was an empty space on my 12 week scan that they werent sure of so they said it could have been an empty sac.

Anyway i digress lol, hope everyone is having a lovely day :)

Xxx

Northern_Shutterbug
August 21st, 2013, 04:34 AM
Nope, i don't feel pregnant either. Am in denial a bit too really, my DS2 is being so so difficult at the moment, an absolute pain and I am constantly shouting at him, so feel like a crap mum at the moment. I don't actually wont to add another to the mix now, its all such hard work, and the thought of another 4 years of this hell is beginning to get me down.

Goodness, I sound like such a downer the whole time! I'm sorry. I would be sad if we didn't ever have another baby again, its just DS2 is really so hard to deal with. He hit, kicks, just laughs when you tell him off, is too lazy to take himself to the bathroom so just does things in his pants (we know he's perfectly capable and was perfect in this aspect when we were away for a week), he keeps doing things when he's told to stop, doesn't eat his food properly, and eats like a baby when he does so its a mess everywhere. Its just really getting me down.

The ladies on my previous birth group are now starting to have their little ones and it reminds me every day how I should be 37 weeks pregnant, not 7, and I should be looking forward to having my baby girl.

BlueMom
August 21st, 2013, 11:47 AM
Hello ladies! Can I join in? I'm due the 1st of march. I already have two boys. I didn't sway, I was planning to sway for a girl but I got a surprise pregnancy the month before I was going to sway. I even had bought my pp, but never got to use it. That's why I really think I'm having another boy... Oh well, it is what it is now.
I had my nt us on Monday but didn't get a nub shot :worry:
Wishing you all healthy babies!!:baby:

Ribenaberry
August 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
Oh ns, it is heartbreaking starting again, especially around due dates, but dont feel guilty about feeling down.

The way i got through it was to think that it just wasnt the right body for the soul, evelyn wanted to be able to play and dance and she is waiting for the perfect body for her. And maybe this one is it? Might not be everyones cup of tea but it makes me feel better that ive not "missed out" on a precious soul to look after.

Im starting to feel a bit more now, obviously not movement lol, but my uterus starting to move and getting slightly bigger, i think these are the things i was expecting!

I am going to register with the midwife tomorrow as well, but im going to tell a white lie about my lmp just to move it back a bit, its a bit naughty but i will lose a whole weeks wages for the sake of 3 days on a piece of paper, i need to be due on the 28th april as the easter hols are the two weeks before, which will mean i can finish work at 38 weeks but get paid up to 40 weeks. I am hoping baby will be late (remind me of that later :rofl: ) as dd2 is 11th april and i'd like this one to be early may. Thats if i get to 38 weeks, i crashed and burned at 30 weeks with dd2 lol!

Has anyone else thought about their maternity leave yet?

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM
Aww I totally feel for you Tigger, I had horrible SPD along with sciatica with my first, it made my life a complete misery. Hope the antibiotics help out with everything else and you can go stress free from here on out!

I still really don't feel pregnant either, except that for the past couple of days I've started feeling sick, which seems early as I'm not even 5 weeks yet, and I'm sure it was 6 weeks it set in with my first. Lucky me!

I have a scan booked for the 4th September, right after my birthday (so at least bad news wont have spoiled my birthday, always the optimist lol) which I'm really anxious about. I'm scared of seeing no heartbeat, an on the flip side I'm also really scared of seeing twins lol! (loads my side of the family - closest relative wise my great grandmother was a twin, my grandma wasn't but had twin girls, my mum had twin boys but lost one in the womb, and I had an FSH level of 14 the cycle I conceived, which is high)

Not registering until I've had this early scan, and I'm already a stay at home mummy to my toddler so I don't get maternity or anything. I wouldn't think twice about the due date thing Ribena, they're estimates anyway.

My toddler is being difficult at the minute too Northern, especially with the biting but we also get growls! I keep telling myself it's just a phase! I tend to shout, then feel bad I shouted and overcompensate by feeding sweeties or something. I suck at discipline. Try not to feel down, it's more than likely just pregnancy hormones having their evil way with your emotions *hugs*

On a lighter note, and this is going to make me sound like I'm 15 and not nearly 27 - but I'm scared of telling my mum I'm pregnant LOL!

Ribenaberry
August 22nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
Well dd1 told my mum today! So the cat is out of the bag lol. I never got to the midwife either, so will need to do that tomorrow.

I am now considering a private scan at 8 weeks. I really didnt want to have one, but i am 5 weeks tomorrow and waiting another 7 weeks seems like a bloody long time! 3 weeks seems much more doable. Plus then i will feel i can tell close friends and work. But ill prob talk myself out of it again by tomorrow ha!

Im so tired all the time, i think i am going to have my tea then go to bed :yawn: lol

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 22nd, 2013, 04:17 PM
Whereabouts are you located Ribena? Is there not an EPU near you?

Ribenaberry
August 22nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Manchester, there is one but they don't scan just to reassure, and having been there when ive really needed a scan and had to wait i don't feel comfortable lying about bleeding etc. there are a few places that do early scans near us, so i might have a look at prices :)

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 22nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Hah how funny I am maybe 30 mins drive from Manchester I never dreamed you would be so close! My local EPU does scan for reassurance I thought they might all be similar. xxx

Bella29
August 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Hi girls :).

Bella here, just conceived baby no three :). Ttc a little boy was fun! On holidays so eating loads!! Lol! I will have to lose some kg pretty soon :). Ah well, it had been fun!! Did a test yesterday. Positive at 10dpo but so faint you have to carefully look at just the right angle and with a squint! Lol! Today's was still faint but you could see it just by looking.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. I am a bit of a birth junkie :). Home birthed after a c/s my second daughter and am a sometimes doula. Of anyone wants to talk birth I am all ears, but I will try not to offer to much unsolicited advice :)

Happy healthy babies, pregnancies and births for you all!

Xx Bella.

Northern_Shutterbug
August 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
I'm about 40 mins from Manchester too. Small world.

gurly
August 23rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
Hi everyone! I have some catching up to do but I'm still around. I have my first ultrasound on Monday and I'm feeling a little nervous. I do feel pregnant (nausea, fatigue) but its so different to my last pregnancy that I've questioned if there's any activity in there. I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst.

Had some other stress going on. DHs job made some changes and now they want him to travel to see clients almost every week and we never wanted a situation where he's gone overnight. No more money, just away from the family longer. Nice...huh? If he doesn't do it, he's out of a job. They don't care why he's needed at home. We need the income and health insurance so he's got to keep the job until he finds something else. Kind of bad timing for job issues

Ribenaberry
August 23rd, 2013, 03:23 AM
Do you mind me asking which hospital that is? As i can always ask my midwife to refer me there if its not far? (Dont worry if you dont want to say - i get the whole internet safety thing lol!) Or it might be the other one i can register at, which i will if i can get an early scan!

Clearly the north rules lol!

Hello bella! Glad you found us :)

I am 5 weeks today, did my last test this morning and there was a bold line before the dye got to the control window never mind the control line lol. I know it doesnt mean much in the grand scheme of things but it makes me feel happier that at least the hcg is rising!!

Xxx

Ribenaberry
August 23rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
These are my progressive tests, i think they look pretty good!!

Left is 4weeks (14dpo) middle is 4+3 and right is 5 weeks, this morning :)

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 23rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Fab lines! What brand are they? xx

Ribenaberry
August 23rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Tesco, ive always found them the best but i only do cheap supermarket ones haha!

Sorry about hubbys job gurly, its never fun when things youve planned out change for the worst. I hope he can find omething new soon.

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 23rd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Not tried tescos but I like the superdrug ones they've given really nice lines and not bank breaking at about £2 each.

That's so rubbish about your hubbys job gurly!! I really hope something turns up. There's a lot of it going round atm, mine just got dismissed. I'm pissed off that he'll miss out on paternity leave and pay because of the timing of it!

I'd love to hear birth advice Bella! I wanted a homebirth with my first but they decided to come at 35.5wks. I wasn't sure I was actually in labour and they said go in to be checked but by the time the hospital bothered to examine me I was already 7cm! Not sure if I could risk a homebirth if I'm likely to go early again but I really don't do well in hospitals!

Ribenaberry
August 23rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Id love a homebirth, but im not sure hubby would go for it. Im hoping i can do the birth centre this time as i had dd1 at 36 weeks, then had group b strep with dd2 so was in hospital both times. I bled a lot after dd2 so my sensible brain is telling me to go to the birth centre attached to the hospital just in case!

I suppose its worth asking hm? I know my midwife was always of the opinion you cant predict the second birth off the first so hopefully yours might be the same :)

I did hypnobirthing with dd2, it was amazing!! Can't wait to do it again this time :D

Xxx

Tiggerian
August 23rd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Bella - when's your due date? I can't add you to the list before I know.

And again, to those wishing to join the list - please use the little form I put up in first post - its easier for me instead of having to sift through your posts for info =) Don't mean to be a grouch, but atm I'm really tired and still suffering from very bad morning sickness so my patience isn't thaaat big :P

Bella29
August 23rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Will reply properly later but dd is 5 may 14

Bella29
August 23rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Oh tiggerean, I didn't read thru the whole 9 pages and so I missed your post. I'm sorry. I completely empathize with feeling rotten when early pregnant. It hasn't hit me yet, but no doubt it will. Hope u get better soon. Maybe someone could copy the instructions for me and anyone else new? I am on my phone so it makes it hard.

Ribenaberry
August 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Copied from Tiggerian's first post :

Come all ye lovely ladies and join me in counting down for the Spring madness when we welcome our newest sprouts into the world!

Please fill out this form if you want to join the list:

User name:
Due Date:
Swayed:
Expecting:

BlueMom
August 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
User name: bluemom
Due Date: 1st march
Swayed: no sway
Expecting: girl

Is it like this tiggerian? Sorry you're feeling sick, I've been there too and it's not fun at all... :worry:

Ribenaberry
August 23rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
What dates will people be finding out the gender - mine seems so far off im hoping those due sooner will find out soon and keep me going lol. Mine will be around the last weekend in November ... Thats forever away!!

Xxx

Tiggerian
August 23rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
That's perfect Bluemom, thank you =D

We won't be finding out the gender of our baby before the 20 week scan, which should be in the beginning of november! Got our 12 week scan the 9th sept.

BlueMom
August 23rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
I think my gender scan should be some time around the end of September, which seems sooooo far to me. On the other hand, I'm so afraid of it that I don't want to go, if that makes any sense...

gurly
August 23rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Sorry about your husbands job too hopeful monster. Are you working or was his the sole income?

tmbabcock
August 24th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I will be going in for my 12th week scan the 15th of Oct (hoping to get a nub shot), and then I'm going for an elective ultrasound sometime between Nov 1st and Nov 5th at 15 weeks. I'll have the anatomy scan at about 20 weeks so beginning of Dec but I am way to impatient for that.

5 weeks so far and I basically just have to pee all the time, more tired than usual, always hungry, and my nipples are sore and itchy. Other than that nothing really. I didn't get any morning sickness with DD2 so hopefully I won't this time either.

HopefulMonster
August 24th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Aww thanks Gurly, no sadly I'm a stay at home mum to our 2.5yr old toddler so we're a bit screwed at the minute tbh! Trying not to worry about it too much because of the baby but the timing of it is really crap! Just hoping his appeal is successful.

I'm going to get a private gender scan as soon as humanly possible! November 4th-6th I should be just over 16 weeks depending on the results of the dating scan. There's a place fairly nearby that do a no frills gender scan for £40 including 2 pics which is cheap enough to justify.

Last pregnancy I was going to wait for the 20wk anomaly scan the NHS give you but luckily caved in and found out at 16 weeks because in the end they couldn't see, I even had to go back at 23 wks because they hadn't managed to see all the heart chambers and they STILL couldn't confirm the gender! If I hadn't already found out I'd have been bouncing off the walls!

Bella29
August 24th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Username: Bella29

Due date: 5 may 2014

Swayed: yes, for a boy.

Expecting: girl/boy, will wait to find out at birth.

Hope that works. Wasn't sure if you just wanted to know if we swayed at all or if it was for a boy, so I gave both.

Thanks ribenaberry for posting that. And thanks to you Tiggerian for when you get a chance to put it up. No hurry.

Ribenaberry
August 25th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Well, i got to 5+1 before the paranoia set in lol. I was playing with DD1 yesterday and my womb was not impressed lol! Then i felt loads better and i decided id done some damage and that was it.

This morning i feel as sick as a dog :rofl: i suppose i should be careful what i wish for!!

Ive decided against the early scan. If i bleed ill go to the epu (i bled a bit with dd2) but otherwise i will try to be positive til the 12 week scan :)

Xxx

Ribenaberry
August 25th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I really need to rant about something totally unrelated but if i dont get it off my chest im gonna explode and cause a family feud!!

My brother and sil are pregnant with their first child, they have rented their own house for years but decided to move back in with my mum and dad to save some money for a house - good idea! However it now seems o be turning out that the plan all along was to do this so they can get bumpedbup the housing register by saying my mum is kicking them out. My mum is distraught, she would never ever kick any of us out, she has rearranged the house to make them comfortable even though my sil's parents have a bigger house but couldnt fit them in! I am finding it really hard not to say something. Hubby asked them about moving out today, to which they both told him what they intended to do, he raised his eyebrows at them and my brother said "yeah, mums not happy about it" and my sil said "i dont care!"

This is the girl who has no money but has spent £500 on mamas and papas nursery furniture and £100 on a private gender scan today.

Im furious, my mums heart is breaking that she is going to go down forever in historical records as kicking her son and his pregnant wife out when she had bent over backwards to help them.

Im furious!!!!!

I cant believe how heartless they are being.

Sorry, that hasnt actually made me feel better, i still want to punch them!!

Xxxx

gurly
August 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
That really sucks, it's hard to see people you love get taken advantage of. There's probably nothing you can do about it though. Your mom needs to kick them out

HopefulMonster
August 25th, 2013, 02:30 PM
That's horrible, but there's not really anything that you can do without causing huge waves. If your mum wants she can write a letter stating that she is happy for them to keep living there as long as they want/need to and personally take it down to the relevant authorities - but based on what you've said I reckon your sil will have a shit fit over that.

Ribenaberry
August 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM
My mum has already said if the council ask her she won't lie for them. Its so bad that they can do this to her without her being able to do anything about it.

The worst thing is, i dont even think it will do anything other than provide them with a bedsit because they will still be in the same band as it will go down as intentionally homeless.

I feel so sad for my mum, worst thing is, her stepmum really did kick her out when she was pregnant with me :(

Xxx

Tiggerian
August 26th, 2013, 03:28 AM
YOu know what, things like that seriously piss me off! There are people with a genuine need who can't get a house despite being completely screwed and then these people who think society owes them something.. urgh! To make it all better, I keep getting nasty comments from strangers on the streets because as an immigrant I'm the one sitting on your council houses, taking your benefits and ruining the NHS! <_<

And you're right, they will only get a B & B or bedsit IF they get that at all! The councils are getting harder and its tough to get a house now. Especially if they can see they are able to afford to save AND rent privately. If they can afford £500 nursery furniture, then the council will say u can afford to rent privately then and its likely they wont help them at all!

Tiggerian
August 26th, 2013, 03:29 AM
And welcome Bella! Our first May-mama!

bunnywabbit
August 26th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Hi all! Hoping you all get your desired bundles. ..

User name: Bunnywabbit
Due Date: 5th May 2014
Expecting:

Ribenaberry
August 26th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Yay bunnywabbit!! Im glad it was a bfp for you and not early af :D congratulations :)

Xxx

retrolove1
August 26th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone,

had my 12 week scan last Monday, all seems fine with the baby. I tried to look out for a nub and at first it looked flat and then at the end it seemed angled. I would appreciate any nub guesses (link at bottom).

I didn't realise how much I would nob obsess, maybe because I expected to see a boy nub but haven't. I've already booked a private gender scan for the 16th September so I will be 16 weeks and then have my 20 week scan on the 10th October.

Congratulations to all the new ones. Anyone else got any 12 week scans coming up??

xx

crazyladyneedsababy
August 26th, 2013, 05:15 PM
hello ladies, mind if I join you. im so excited to be here. just got my bfp. Im away on holiday tomorrow for a week to spain so wont be about but will be back as soon as I can :)

Northern_Shutterbug
August 27th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Congratulations and welcome!

OMG, I'm eating so much at the moment :( I've put on 4lb so far, which is loads for me and I'm so disappointed. I have no energy to get to the gym. I've got a huge tummy already too, so not really going to be able to hide this just because of the extra weight I've put on.

Northern_Shutterbug
August 27th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Thought I'd share it here, as in my babycentre birthgroup are mainly neurotic new mums who'd panic if they didn't get the same result! But, at 8+2 I've found the baby's heartbeat on my doppler! Took a while and lots of strange angles, but its definitely there. I'm just hoping there's just the one!

retrolove1
August 27th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Welcome crazylady :)

Lovely isn't shutter bug, I've been hearing the baby's heartbeat since 9 weeks. It seems to have settled at around 160/168bpm so I'm hoping it stays that fast. X

Ribenaberry
August 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM
What doppler are you using? I think id freak if i couldnt find it though.

Xxx

retrolove1
August 27th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I'm using a sonoline B Doppler. I wouldn't recommend them if would worry. I knew that it may be too early when I tried at 9 weeks but found it pretty quickly. X

Ribenaberry
August 27th, 2013, 02:06 PM
How easy is it to find? Do most people find them easily or if they cant find it is it bad news?

Got my first midwife appt on wednesday, she said shes not actually gonna book me in til 10 weeks but at least the appointment will be done, i think this is due to the previous mc's but im hoping it wont delay my scan. It means i wont get my letter for another 4/5 weeks too!! Now im back thinking of a private one ... Haha!!

Congrats to the new bfps's, heres hoping for lots more!!

Xxx

retrolove1
August 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Some people can find it easier but others not. My sister found it for me but it took me a couple more days to find it. It's very low down right near the pubic bone and you need to stay in the same spot but try different angles and if not luck then move over ever so slightly and try again.

I've been able to hear all the other noises since about 5 weeks pregnant as well so even if you can't find a heartbeat there are other pregnancy relayed sounds for reassurance.

I got my scan letter through 2 days after seeing my midwife, hopefully yours has a quick turn over too x

bunnywabbit
August 27th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Thinking you can ignore my entry, Tiggerian. Bright red blood, so retested - line is no brighter than when I tested on the weekend. I think I'm losing this one... :sad:

Ribenaberry
August 27th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Oh no hun, i'm so so sorry :(

Xxx

BlueMom
August 27th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Oh no, sorry bunnywabbit :-(

SoulSister
August 27th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Yay for hearing heartbeats, very special!

I haven't read all the way back to my last post, but hi to the new ladies.
Feeling pretty disgusting, day and night. Eating so much, have gained a lot of weight and its all on my bottom and thighs. Nice.

We have 3 sons and 1 daughter, and the gender desire for a girl is stronger than any pregnancy before, because I don't want it for me, I want a sister for her.

I don't think you can get private gender scans in NZ, but is wish you could. I think I will go for my unchallenged scan as late as possible to see if I can see anything. Still feeling like this baby is a boy though.

Hope everyone is well.

SoulSister
August 27th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Hahaha sorry autocorrect. That was nuchal scan!

SoulSister
August 27th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Thoughts are with you bunny.

gurly
August 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry bunnywabbit

tmbabcock
August 28th, 2013, 02:37 AM
I an so sorry bunnywabbit. My thoughts are with you. :(

retrolove1
August 28th, 2013, 02:55 AM
So sorry bunnywabbit x

Bella29
August 28th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Hi all! Hoping you all get your desired bundles. ..

User name: Bunnywabbit
Due Date: 5th May 2014
Expecting:

Same due date :). Congrats :)

Bella29
August 28th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Oh bunnywabbit! I am so sorry! I have had real fears about this pregnancy too. Not from bleeding, but regular cramps, and cos I was away on holidays the whole first four weeks or so of af, O and tww and was drinking etc. I have also mc at 5.5 weeks a few years ago, so just worry till I am past that point...... I hope you have lots I support around you and that it helps to ease the pain...

HopefulMonster
August 28th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Aww I'm so sorry for your loss bunnywabbit, I hope you are ok and get your sticky bean soon <3

I am feeling so sick! I can barely eat, nothing sits well an everything is coming back up I'm miserable :( hopefully it means that baby is doing well, but I'm a bit gutted I'm so sick so soon I'm only just 6 weeks an have already been sick a week, 2nd tri feels a lifetime away. Is anyone else suffering? Xxx

Northern_Shutterbug
August 28th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Well, I signed up to Slimming World this evening, so hopefully I can keep ontop of my weight, as I'm eating like a pig at the moment!

Ribenaberry
August 28th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Yes me!! We went out for tea today, i ate a small fry up at 10:30 this morning and no lunch, yet i had 2 pieces of garlic bread at 5:30, and as soon as my pizza arrived i got the most horrendous indigestion i couldnt eat!!!

Im so tired all the time, i need an afternoon nap which im finding impossible with two kids, ive no patience at all and dd2 is going through the massive whinging stage before they start talking and its driving me insane!

I promised i wouldnt poas again too but i really want to do another one at 6 weeks haha!! I might get some on friday and do one saturday morning, or i might have a word with myself and not waste the money lol.

We are also going onto You Need A Budget this month in an attempt to save some money for maternity leave, so £3 on unneccessary tests with make hubby frown at me ;)

I hope your sickness goes off hm, ive not got it badly yet, im hoping ive escaped this time but i doubt it

Xxx

Ribenaberry
August 28th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Ive just seen some pictures if me from the weekend ns, i might be joining you once the first trimester is over!!

Xxx

HopefulMonster
August 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Urge I am so jealous ns! After the horrible girl diet I was so looking forward to eating like a pig! Yesterday all I could manage for breakfast was dry toast, which I threw up, them i had an ice pop to ease my nausea, then threw it back up, then I had half a banana and, you guessed it! Bleeuuurrgh!!
Thanks ribena, i had fairly bad sickness with my first but not this bad an not this early. I know it's pathetic but I want to cry, I feel so sorry for myself lol!

gurly
August 28th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I haven't been throwing up but I'm terribly nauseas and have no appetite. I force down saltines because having something in my belly prevents me from throwing up. I'm feeling like this is a boy, it could not be more different that my last pregnancy and the heart rate was also much slower. Suppose I'd better start getting used to the idea now

HopefulMonster
August 29th, 2013, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't use symptoms to guess gender gurly, loads of women with the same sex have v different pregnancies, and if anything bad sickness is associated with more girls xxxxx

Northern_Shutterbug
August 29th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Thankfully just one in there (although hubby was a bit disappointed it wasn't twins!), measuring bang on dates

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5510/9618349269_ea76afecc9.jpg

retrolove1
August 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Glad all is looking good! :)

My scan was over a week ago and I'm still nubsessing, will it ever go?! xx

Settastone
August 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Northern- congrats on a healthy first scan!

I just had my 8.5 week scan yesterday and we got to see the heart beat and baby was moving around a ton. Such a relief seeing the baby and makes it so much more real.

I have not gotten sick at all this pregnancy but I have felt nausea that lasts pretty much all day...the only way to get a little relief is by snacking on carbs all day long. I have also been extremely winded walking up a flight of stairs or just holding my son. Definitely did not have that during the first trimester with my son. I feel constantly exhausted and out of breathe. At least I am not getting sick though. Sorry to all those that are having a hard time keeping food down. That must be awful!

BlueMom
August 29th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Congrats on your healthy first scans ladies. I can say now I'm on the second trimester, no more nausea!:running:
I have my anatomy us the 25th September, I'll be 17.5 weeks, not sure if I want to go before that to a private us... :think:
By the way Gurly, my last two pregnancies were different and I had two boys, so don't rely on your symptoms to guess the gender (I must admit I've been obsessed this time with my symptoms trying to guess if its a boy or a girl :hair:)

SoulSister
August 29th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I haven't vomited (fingers crossed it stays that way) but I feel rotten all day and all night. I must confess to feeling sorry for myself.

The nausea seems to have slowed time down to an excruciating pace. The months were flying by until that BFP, now every minute feels like torture. LOL.

XXPlease
August 29th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I'm right there with you SoulSister!!! I will be 13 weeks tomorrow and it feels like it may never end!!

jccretarolo
August 29th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Well I will join you ladies... I'm due May 6th! I had stopped swaying and really shouldn't have even gotten pregnant this cycle due to only DTD at least 5-6 days before O, plus all the stress in my life this month, but I guess nature had other plans, not that we mind. Now to keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well this pregnancy and the Long wait to find out what this baby is...

Tiggerian
August 30th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I'm so sorry bunnywabbit =( I hope you get a bright positive and a sticky bean soon!

I got my scan coming up on the 9th and I don't know.. I'm not too bothered anymore. I'll be very surprised if its another boy! Everything inside me screams tis a girl, my gut feeling, my dreams (which have always been accurate) - this one is 100% different from the boys. Although each pregnancy was different, there were simillarities and those similarities aren't there this time, its very much like when I had my DD.

Still completely fatigued, but nausea is getting better. I can't eat large portions, but I can eat and my weight is, as far as I know, pretty spot on what its suppose to be. Probably helps I've gone of coke, chocolate and anything unhealthy.

Bella29
August 30th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Hi girls, I'm a bit worried this baby isn't gonna be sticky. No blood, but my boobs arnt as sore as they were just before period was due. No nausea yet, but that doesn't usually come till week 5 for me. Although I have heard tell you can be less nauseous with little boys? Fingers crossed for my sway that that is the case.

Nice baby pic northern :). Well we have done the big trip back to Australia from the uk. So am dealing with exhaustion on multiple levels atm. Dd2 woke up at 4 am this morning, Gah! 4w5d for me I think. Anyone ever had a pregnancy with no ms after really bad ms with the others?

retrolove1
August 30th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Try not to worry but sore boobs just suddenly stopped.

Nearly 14 weeks now. Have attached a few pictures from my 12 week scan. I love his (or her) little nose :) xx

BlueMom
August 30th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Retrolove, we have almost the same due date! I see your nub shot, far from an expert, but maybe slight girl lean... Fx it's a girl for you! I didn't get a nub shot, so frustrated...
Bella, don't worry about the ms, I didn't have that at all with ds1, neither with ds2, just indigestion... Hope that means boy for you :luck:

Settastone
August 31st, 2013, 12:15 AM
Bella-I had sore boobs with my first (son) from the very start. This pregnancy my boobs have not been sore at all! Not even a little bit and I just had my 8 week scan and everything was all good. Doctor said not everyone gets sore boobs. My m/s came on at 6 weeks with both of my pregnancies so you still have time :)

retrolove1
August 31st, 2013, 03:05 AM
Bluemom-when are you due? Thanks, I've had mainly girl guesses but can no longer guess nubs and just see a boy nub. Did you get a good skull pic?

Sorry my post was mean't to say that my boobs just suddenly stopped hurting and it made me have a slight panic but all is fine with this little one. xx

BlueMom
August 31st, 2013, 09:25 AM
I'm due the first of march. I posted my 12 week us here but there's no nub, and have no idea from the skull. I'm thinking about going to an elective us at 15-16 weeks without telling anybody, that way if I hear boy I have some time to sink in the news before the anatomy us, and then tell everybody... Doesn't help everybody is telling me this "must" be a girl, I've been dreading to tell I'm pregnant irl just to avoid those comments.... :worry:

retrolove1
August 31st, 2013, 02:06 PM
I have a 16 week scan booked. I have told close family and friends but won't tell anyone else until I know. Already fed up with the amount of girl comments. I also want to enjoy seeing the baby at 20 weeks so will already know if it's a boy and can move on.

Hope we both hear girl! xx

retrolove1
August 31st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Just looked at your scan and I think it has a girly skull! x

tmbabcock
August 31st, 2013, 04:10 PM
Bella, with DD1 I had raging m/s where I couldn't keep anything down from the time I got up in the morning till lunch time and then anything I ate after that made me nauseous and I burped it up the rest of the day. That lasted from 6 weeks till 14 weeks. With DD2 I had nothing! Absolutely nothing! I think once or twice I smelt something that would make me gag. So far I am 6 weeks this time and I have really haven't had anything so I am keeping my fingers crossed I don't get any m/s. I have had really sore and itchy nipples, been more than usual overtired and I have been eating my entire house on a daily basis.

Ribenaberry
September 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Ms is a bitch.

:sleeping:

I could sleep for England,been sick twice today, forgotten how many times ive legged it to the loo to heave and all in time for work tomorrow lol!

Any more scans coming up? So happy we have lots of healthy ones!

Xxx

HopefulMonster
September 1st, 2013, 03:52 PM
My scan is on the 4th, I'm really anxious about it. Have awful awful all day all night nausea and puking still so feel a little reassured that my hormone levels must be high, which hopefully means baby is doing well. I should be approx 7 weeks then so should see a heartbeat.

I'm feeling really close to giving in and asking the dr for some kind of nausea meds, I feel truly hideous, my stomach muscles and throat are so sore from heaving and throwing up and I can barely eat or drink a thing. Lucky hubby is at home because I really couldn't manage. Is my birthday tomorrow too and all I can keep down is juice sucked from orange segments!! (Can you tell I feel sorry for myself hahaha) have you got a scan date Ribera? Xxxxxx

Ribenaberry
September 1st, 2013, 04:17 PM
Not yet, got my mw appt on wed, but prob won't get my scan date for a few more weeks. It should be around the 11th oct, sounds so far away, but hopefully it will fly and take this sickness with it!!

So sorry you are feeling so bad, id def get some medicines if they will help, and i hope it eases off for you soon

Xxx

Bella29
September 2nd, 2013, 02:52 AM
Thanks everyone. I keep telling myself every pregnancy is different.

Hopeful monster, ask for some ondansetron. It is safe in pregnancy and the wafers just melt on your tounge. God they work tho! They can be expensive. I don't know where u r, but in Australia they are reduced in price for mums with hyper emesis.

Afm, no ms yet. Feel pretty good, just knackered! Lol! Lots of cramping too, but no blood. I think I will call the Gp and see about an appointment and ask for an early scan just to check.

HopefulMonster
September 2nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
So anxious about tomorrows scan now its so close! My appointment is 1.45pm, please send me loads of healthy sticky baby vibes if you can ladies! Just praying we have a strong little heartbeat and everything measures up.

I still feel so terrible but I'm trying to rough it because I really don't want to have to take any meds in pregnancy if I can avoid it. I know it sounds silly but when my grandmother was pregnant she was terrible with being sick etc and her dr kept trying to get her to take this wonder drug that would make her feel tons better and was completely safe. Years on, we all know how unsafe thalidomide actually is! Thank god she never took it, and i know it was different back then, but it still makes me scared to trust how safe drugs are while pregnant, if that makes sense!

Ribenaberry
September 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Im the same with taking stuff hun, so i dont blame you :) luckily have never had it bad enough to have to think about it as i am pretty sure id cave!

Sending you lots of sticky dust and fingers crossed for a lovely scan :) enjoy seeing your bubba for the first time!!

I survived day 1 at work without spewing, also told the boss i had a blood test wednesday morning so might be late to work, i dont want work to know until they have to this time. I do feel a bit guilty as this will be my third maternity leave and ill only have been there 6 years! Ah well, i would rather have my baby cuddles ;)

Im getting some wicked cramps and im still so tired, my brain wont work properly, and i seem to be hungry all the time! But ill survive ;)

Hope everyone had a happy monday
Xxx

Northern_Shutterbug
September 2nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
Well, I never seem to be able to come on here with good news :( my dad phoned today to say my grandad had passed away. We knew it would be soon but I'm feeling guilty I put off phoning him and haven't seen him in so long :tissue:

I just hope he's found my grandma in heaven as he's missed her so much, and the are looking after Evelyn, who was named after my grandma and (we didn't realise until tonight!) was due three years to the day that she died, and it would have been this Friday.

HopefulMonster
September 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
Oh my god northern I'm so so very sorry for your loss, i dont really have any words but I really hope you are ok. Sending you lots of love and prayers for your grandad. I hope he does get reunited with your grandma and Evelyn, and that they're all looking down on you and your family.

Thanks Ribena, an congrats on not spewing! Also, wow I'm having a total blonde/baby brain moment, just realised my scan isn't tomorrow it's Wednesday! Been psyching myself out about it prematurely lol.

BlueMom
September 2nd, 2013, 08:16 PM
Oh no, I'm sorry northern, hugs to you :hugs:
Good luck Hopeful on your scan on Wednesday!

iwonder
September 3rd, 2013, 12:04 AM
So sorry for your loss, Northern.

Bella29
September 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Sorry for your loss northern.

Mummerz
September 3rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Hi ladies!

Pregnant with second baby!

Mum to boy aged 8

3 step children - 2 boys and 1 girl.

User name - mummers
Swayed - I think it's a boy!
Expecting - unsure yet

Thanks

Mummers 10+4

gurly
September 3rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
:(
I'm so sorry about your grandpa, northern.

Tiggerian
September 4th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Hi ladies!

Pregnant with second baby!

Mum to boy aged 8

3 step children - 2 boys and 1 girl.

User name - mummers
Swayed - I think it's a boy!
Expecting - unsure yet

Thanks

Mummers 10+4

When are you due? You forgot to put that on =D

gurly
September 4th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone. My morning sickness is basically all day long. I'm not puking, just nauseous and can't eat much so I've lost some weight. It's a lot harder being pregnant while taking care of a toddler! Last time I could just rest when I needed to.

DH has a job interview next week so we're hoping for the best. It would definitely ease some of the stress knowing we'll be okay on income and health insurance. Everything is so uncertain now