PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: IT'S A GIRL!!!! porcelina TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt

porcelina
July 15th, 2013, 11:09 AM
:DD:
I can't believe it!! Our sway was successful and we are having a healthy baby girl, from cell-free DNA results. I am beside myself!!!!! Thanks so much to GD and atomic, could not have done it if I hadn't found you!!!!

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Unknown
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy (5), boy (2), boy (loss)
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I had a loss and was on a generic diet to lose weight for 3+ months, limiting calories to about 1300-1400 per day. I lost about 12 lbs. I started skipping breakfast as it was the easiest way to stay under my calorie count. Then, I started reading about the LE diet for a possible girl sway, and realized I was following a lot of the principles of the LE diet. However, I was not limiting meat (though I did not eat much), or sodium (though I did not add salt to anything). About 3-4 weeks prior to BFP, I stopped eating meat (except an occasional bit of chicken). I did not limit cheese much, and one of my staple lunches was chips or tortilla with cheese, occasionally with beans. I relied a lot on coke zero to make it through to lunch time with no food. I dropped about 3 additional lbs in last month on an LE diet.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
3.5 months on a generic diet, 4 weeks or so on LE diet.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
While he didn't drop anything specifically, he ate a bit less red meat than normal since I would not be eating with him and he didn't cook it as often.
DId you consume alcohol? A couple of drinks per week

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
I have had a cup of espresso with about 4 oz of soy milk sweetened with honey every morning for the last 4 months. It helped me get through the morning with no food.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
My BMI prior to diet was about 21.8 when I started dieting. I started the diet officially at 135 lbs (I am 5'5"), but it might have been a bit higher, possibly due to water retention from the previous pregnancy. I dropped down to 124.5 the day of the attempt. (And at BFP at 15 DPO was at 123.5)
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
During the first 3 months and the generic diet, I was exercising 2-3 times a week, 30 minutes at a time, doing elliptic. I did yoga once and zumba once. Then, when I started thinking about taking swaying seriously, I decided to stop since I could not commit to the 60 minutes per day, so changed to no exercise, but only for 1-2 weeks up to attempt.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
unknown
Any VG potions used? RePhresh

CM pH at attempt
unknown
DH pH
unknown
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 2 Days Before O
After O

Any additional comments?
We BD in the evening of CD10 and in the morning of CD13. We made the plan to DTD once at positive OPK after we had already DTD once. Then, got some faulty ones from dollar store and ended up missing surge. Had a faint line and then none, so the morning cm turned to creamy we DTD again (on CD13). I also used rephresh on CD10 (in the am) and CD13 (in the pm). According to FF, I O'd on CD12. I had EWCM from CD9-12, and took a zirtec every day starting on CD10. We also used a bit of rephresh as a lube on CD13. DH abstained CD3-10, then released morning of CD10 and we BD'd in the pm. Then, released every day, including pm of CD12, and we BD'd again morning of CD13.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Frequent Release

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? Yes

Any relevant attempt details?
On CD10, we DTD with me on top, on CD13, we did missionary. Each time, I tried to J&D but was not successful in ejecting anything, so I think they hung out there anyway!
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements folic acid
Calcium
Magnesium
Antihistamine

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
I was on calcium (400 mg calcium citrate, with Vit D -- oops) and magnesium (400 mg) for about 4 months prior to attempt (based on Danish study). I also took cranberry supps from AF to O for 2 months prior to attempt. Was going to switch to baby aspirin this month but got BFP! Started to take saw palmetto, so took one pill of 120 mg around CD10, but then stopped. Took 2 COQ10 100 mg ubiquinol per day for egg quality. I was taking 4,000 mcg of folic acid for 2 months, then doc said not to take mor than 1,000 mcg so went down to 1,200 per day for last 2 months up to attempt.
Did you do anything with Ions?
Nope
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Gibbous
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
Well, asked my mom to send some of my old baby clothes...they were either under bed or somewhere in the bedroom, LOL! Awesome green t-shirt with the women superheroes was apparently my favorite. :)
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
I lost a lot of weight up to the attempt, I had both a cutoff and after O attempts, so even if timing in and off itself doesn't work, I think it may help if following other sway tactics. I used rephresh and zirtec, and DH did a lot of frequent release. He abstained CD3-10, then released, and then we DTD less than 12 hours later, and I had him release every day, then 12 hours prior to the morning attempt on CD13.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
This is about as good as I can get! I don't think I could do this diet all that much longer. If we still have a boy, then it is meant to be!! If I were to have TTC'd next month, I would have switched to baby aspirin, and probably BD'd once at positive OPK. Maybe I would have been better off having done the LE diet a bit longer, but at least I was losing weight. I had a lot of EWCM and successfully dried it up with zirtec, but it was always back the next day right before the next pill.
Things worth mentioning:
This is my eighth pregnancy -- had 2 losses at 6 weeks, then an ectopic, then DS1 with IUI, then DS2 with no assistance (except progesterone supps), then loss at 6 weeks (no progesterone, oops), then loss at 17 weeks (genetic trisomy, boy). I had gained weight with all the pregnancies and was fed up, which is why I started to diet and exercise in March. I did the calcium and magnesium supps with my 6th pregnancy, only to lose it, did nothing to sway with the 7th pregnancy (except maybe eat a lot to console myself for the previous loss, i.e., boy diet and had a boy for that one). The reason I stopped taking saw palmetto is that I am breastfeeding DS2 (only once in morning and once before bed). I also was on progesterone supplements from cd15-28 in the previous cycle in an attempt to keep any potential BFP, but got AF instead. Also worth mentioning that I had a saline sonogram on CD9 -- they put a catheter in the cervix and fill up the uterus with saline. When inserting the catheter, they ran into some scar tissue and had to dilate me with something a bit more invasive. However, this cleared the pathway into the uterus. I might have been TTCing a long time without success if I hadn't done this, since the pathway was much smaller than normal.

angyl15
July 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Wow - looks like a great sway. I am eager to see your gender!!

porcelina
July 15th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Wow - looks like a great sway. I am eager to see your gender!!

Lol, me too! Now that the TTC is over, just hoping for a healthy baby!!

Dollydot
July 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Fab sway!! Congrats and thanks for posting....

marriedmomof2
July 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Congrats good sway!!! Wishing you a happy healthy sticky bean! And a happ healthy 9 months !

Little Lunasa
July 15th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Congrats! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myrainbowgirl
July 15th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Congrats! Great sway!

porcelina
July 16th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks, everyone! I got some weird numbers back -- at only 15 dpo, hcg levels were over 2,000. Trying not to worry...!

Funkyfry
July 17th, 2013, 06:31 PM
How are you today. Hope all ok. Your sway looks great

porcelina
July 17th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks for checking! Got bloodwork back from 48 hrs later and hcg doubled, so things look good so far. Fingers crossed!

porcelina
September 10th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Bumping for update!! It's a girl!!!!!!

Luisa
September 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Ahh massive congratulations!!

Funkyfry
September 10th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Big congrats! How exciting

Dollydot
September 10th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Congrats on your girl..