PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Issues on TTC Boy Diet

iluvmyman
May 8th, 2011, 12:09 AM
I know there's a thread posted re: nails, but wanted to post this too.

I am 35 which may have something to do with being affected more, but my teeth have started browning (I think more where I had de-calcification from braces) and are feeling more brittle and sensitive to hot and cold. I'm getting cavities again too. (this will be really bad if I get a BFP and can't get fillings) I'm assuming this is due to lack of calcium maybe.

I'm nervous this will become permanent and I've caused some major damage even when I start full board calcium again.

Has anyone noticed URAL causing any problems?

Man, I really don't want to explain to my dentist why my teeth are so bad. :)

TTC5
May 8th, 2011, 12:16 AM
No problems.. yet!!

shouldihope?
May 8th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I have 3 boys and drank milk and ate cheese like crazy. Makes me wonder how much calcium really effects swaying. I am on girl diet and have cut back on dairy mostly to lessen protein and mostly get calcium from supps.

iluvmyman
May 8th, 2011, 12:49 AM
I have 3 boys and drank milk and ate cheese like crazy. Makes me wonder how much calcium really effects swaying. I am on girl diet and have cut back on dairy mostly to lessen protein and mostly get calcium from supps.

I know that the dairy is a questionable issue but I'm so scared to let that one go (sorry Atomic, I'm trying!). I know for a fact I had Carmel Frapps almost daily when we unknowingly conceived DS2. This is such an emotional one for me, the dairy. This is so dumb, I don't know why I feel so stinking emotional about it, shouldihope? Apparently, I need to go to bed cuz I'm crying about everything tonight. It's been a really really long week. :)

My Fabulous Children
May 8th, 2011, 01:01 AM
No problems.. yet!!

Ditto.

My Fabulous Children
May 8th, 2011, 01:01 AM
I know that the dairy is a questionable issue but I'm so scared to let that one go (sorry Atomic, I'm trying!). I know for a fact I had Carmel Frapps almost daily when we unknowingly conceived DS2. This is such an emotional one for me, the dairy. This is so dumb, I don't know why I feel so stinking emotional about it, shouldihope? Apparently, I need to go to bed cuz I'm crying about everything tonight. It's been a really really long week. :)

((Hugs)) Good night hun, XOXO

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM

This has always been me too - calcium all day every day and still 4 boys. Iluv, we talked about this already but just do what makes you feel comfortable with regardless of what I or anyone says!! If you want to avoid calcium, by all means do so (but try to get pg quick for the sake of your smile!!!)

Braces can also contribute to having exposed roots on your teeth, this is a problem I also have, and if your gums shrink a bit (which may actually be because your gum tissue is HEALTHIER on the boy diet) they can get exposed and hurt like a son of a gun.

I also have had good luck using Sensodyne on sensitive teeth, it works immediately and makes all the difference. Good luck!!

shouldihope?
May 8th, 2011, 07:38 PM
So sorry you were having a rough day. Hope today is better. Happy moms day.