PDA

View Full Version : Any OPK/Ov experts? Please help!

Princess_G
July 17th, 2013, 06:06 AM
hey ladies,
I was wondering if anybody with a little more experience could possibly help me pinpoint Ov?
I have a 30 day cycle and this is my first month of monitoring it, using only CM & OPK's.
i use an app on my iphone that predicted CD16 as O day.
I was using internet cheapy opk's to test in my fertile window so here's how it looked:

CD12: Feeling VERY horny (sorry tmi) small amount of EWCM. Neg OPK
CD13: LOTS OF EWCM - neg opk
CD14: Mix of creamy CM & some ewcm - possibly due to zyrtec drying it up? Faded test line on OPK
CD15: EWCM on and off throughout the day - slightly stronger line on OPK but not as strong as control line
CD16: small amount of ewcm - tested using fmu with internet cheapy - faint test line. OPK at 2pm - result was a very definite POSITIVE backed up with a clearblue digital. Around this time I also had a sharp pain in right ovary. Tested again at 6pm - still strong positive test line.
Tested at 10pm and there was no line at all, back to negative.
CD17 (TODAY): Slight crampiness on right side. Sore, tender nipples. (I always get sore breasts after OV-AF)

SO...given this information, at which point would you say I O'ed??
We are doing a very bad girl sway, nothing has gone right for us this month! It was also a more relaxed sway, DH wanted it to feel as spontaneous/natural as possible so I focused mainly on diet, supps and keeping sperm count low)
We DTD on CD14 (2am in the morning) CD15 (again, early hours of morning 1am) AND CD16 (2am)
DH was doing compressed FR because our timings were messed up and life got in the way!
Hoping we have DTD enough /at the right time but got a feeling we are out this month :tissue:

Emily
July 17th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I am no expert but didnt want to read and run. It looks like you Od between 16 and 17. It is strange that the opks went negative so quickly. Could you temp or check cervical position as well? CM changes with the diet and zyrtec so can be quite misleading.

Princess_G
July 17th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I am no expert but didnt want to read and run. It looks like you Od between 16 and 17. It is strange that the opks went negative so quickly. Could you temp or check cervical position as well? CM changes with the diet and zyrtec so can be quite misleading.

As it was our first cycle I didn't temp/check cervix but will do this from now on. I honestly would have no idea with checking cervix...I've never done it so got nothing to compare it to! It's also awkward for me with temps because of DH- he would ask questions and I hate lying to him!
It's also the first month I've used OPK's properly but from what I am reading I've not seen anyone else go from positive to negative within a few hours!
:worry:

Dreamofpink
July 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Re the quick negative on opks, I had a very short surge and my opk could be a :) at 12pm then gone by 4pm (on the digis). I always tested 4 times a day to make sure I didn't miss my surge. I found I'd usually get a fade in though on the IC's.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Emily
July 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
As it was our first cycle I didn't temp/check cervix but will do this from now on. I honestly would have no idea with checking cervix...I've never done it so got nothing to compare it to! It's also awkward for me with temps because of DH- he would ask questions and I hate lying to him!
It's also the first month I've used OPK's properly but from what I am reading I've not seen anyone else go from positive to negative within a few hours!
:worry:

LOL i wouldnt have a clue about cervical position either! Temping can be a pain but lots if people swear by it as the rise in temp is the most reliable way to tell when you have Od so is good for record keeping.

Sounds like you have a good chance getting pg with what you did. Good luck.

Princess_G
July 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Re the quick negative on opks, I had a very short surge and my opk could be a :) at 12pm then gone by 4pm (on the digis). I always tested 4 times a day to make sure I didn't miss my surge. I found I'd usually get a fade in though on the IC's.

thats really interesting and helpful - thank you! In relation to this, when was it that you actually O'ed? So from the positive to negative, was O that day or next day?

Dreamofpink
July 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM
thats really interesting and helpful - thank you! In relation to this, when was it that you actually O'ed? So from the positive to negative, was O that day or next day?

From what I could tell, I would have my opk+ then opk- later the same day and ov the following day or sometimes the day after that. Re ov'ing two days after an opk+, I don't think that happened very often though especially once on the LE diet & learning more about opks. It could well have been a mistake on my part as it was over a year ago before I found this site.

HopefulMonster
July 22nd, 2013, 07:39 PM
You can O as early as 12 hours from your first positive opk, and as long as 36 hours, even longer if your body has trouble releasing the egg (if you get 3 or more days of strong +opks it can mean you're having issues getting the egg going)

I tend to have short surges (where it goes negative again quickly), I usually test 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 10pm around my O date so I don't miss it! Oh and remember it depends how sensitive the opks you're using are, and how concentrated your wee is (I'm bad for drinking too much and struggling to hold it long enough lol!)

As for cervix position it's honestly really easy once you get used to it. Simply put, if you have a fiddle with it (lol) it will either feel like the end of your nose (so hard/firm feeling with a definite solid shape to it, and it will usually be fairly low down and easy to reach at this point too. Around ovulation it will rise up, so it's harder to reach/find, and if you lick your lips, that's similar to how it will feel - soft, squashy with no definite shape, and wet.

Hope that helps! :)

Princess_G
July 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
You can O as early as 12 hours from your first positive opk, and as long as 36 hours, even longer if your body has trouble releasing the egg (if you get 3 or more days of strong +opks it can mean you're having issues getting the egg going)

I tend to have short surges (where it goes negative again quickly), I usually test 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 10pm around my O date so I don't miss it! Oh and remember it depends how sensitive the opks you're using are, and how concentrated your wee is (I'm bad for drinking too much and struggling to hold it long enough lol!)

As for cervix position it's honestly really easy once you get used to it. Simply put, if you have a fiddle with it (lol) it will either feel like the end of your nose (so hard/firm feeling with a definite solid shape to it, and it will usually be fairly low down and easy to reach at this point too. Around ovulation it will rise up, so it's harder to reach/find, and if you lick your lips, that's similar to how it will feel - soft, squashy with no definite shape, and wet.

Hope that helps! :)

VERY helpful, thank you!