PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins & sex in the 2WW (ttc girl)

Princess_G
July 17th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Hi all,
I was just wondering what the opinions are for having sex in the 2ww?
I read somewhere today to avoid it as it can disturb implantation?! :worry:

Also, due to 'declining maternal condition' and minimal vitamins for ttc girl...when do you start taking just a general pre natal?
I am concerned that if I was successful this cycle, would a baby be healthy if all I am taking is folic acid?
It would make me feel better to take a prenatal multivitamin but then that will damage next cycle's swaying if I am not successful this month. Any thoughts?

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2013, 08:49 PM
??? ya didn't read that here I hope?? If so let me know so I can address it.

Sex is fine during the 2WW for natural conceptions (and prob. for HT too but most people like to be on the safe side there.) You may want to avoid orgasms because it may raise your testosterone.

Start taking prenatal at BFP. The baby is like a miniscule ball of cells that is not even getting nutrients from your body prior to BFP and needs next to nothing from you for quite some time after that - there's more than enough time to start prenatals after BFP. There is a full explanation of prenatals here in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/24628-le-diet-faq.html

Princess_G
July 18th, 2013, 05:28 AM
??? ya didn't read that here I hope?? If so let me know so I can address it.

Sex is fine during the 2WW for natural conceptions (and prob. for HT too but most people like to be on the safe side there.) You may want to avoid orgasms because it may raise your testosterone.

Start taking prenatal at BFP. The baby is like a miniscule ball of cells that is not even getting nutrients from your body prior to BFP and needs next to nothing from you for quite some time after that - there's more than enough time to start prenatals after BFP. There is a full explanation of prenatals here in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/24628-le-diet-faq.html

No, definitely not on this website but it has cropped up on a few other forums I have been reading. Thank you for clarifying!
That's reassuring about the prenatals too, I can relax a bit now...well as much as the 2ww allows!