PDA

View Full Version : Help with Clearblue Digital Opk please!

Pinkone
July 19th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone,

Am wondering if someone can help me please.

I have been using the Clearblue digital opk's for last 2 months and never got a smiley face. I decided to use a saliva microscope this month along with the opk's to try and pin point ovulation.

Last month I had a crazy 44 day cycle so I decided to test later in my cycle this time. I tested on a Monday with a negative and started the next day with my saliva scope as I have used this successfully in the past. I started getting some ferning on Wednesday, however I didn't check with the digital opk for some stupid reason! I got strong ferning the next day so I tested with my digital at 2pm Thursday and got my first positive smiley. We didn't dtd that night as we are swaying girl and I needed another day of abstinence for hubby! Next day I tested again at 2pm and got a negative opk, I did have ovulation cramps most of the day so figure I had ovulated at some point although not sure when! We dtd 9pm that night.

My questions is: if I tested on Monday with my digital and got a negative, then a positive on my next test which was Thursday, could I have missed my first real positive as doesn't the digital detect a rise in lh since the last test? So what if my surge was on Wednesday but it didn't pick it up til Thursday when I tested? Then I would've completely missed O day!!! Am I correct in my thinking?

GimmeaG
July 23rd, 2013, 10:56 PM
As far as I have read, if you had a positive opk then you should ovulate 12-36 hrs or more after the positive reading. So I'm thinking you should be good. Good luck!

Drunken Cockatoo
September 20th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I used these tests too and my gyn told me that the smilies which appear for two days indicate that O is on the second day around 3/4 of all cases.

When I conceived my boy last year I missed out too and on the next day there was a smiley and one day later no smiley anymore. Thought I had missed O since we only dtd on the smiley day and not the day before but i fell pregnant :) :)