PDA

View Full Version : NEENER NEENER

isis
July 20th, 2013, 02:15 AM
"Neener Neener"... that's how I feel when I hear someone say "It's a GIRL!". Like... "A-ha! I have a girl and you don't!" Like... anytime they say "daughter" it's like they are flaunting it and the pink and cute frilly clothes having a girl comes with.

It's so crazy and insane that I think this way!

A friend was didn't find out til gender until birth - GIRL of course.... I couldn't even bring myself to say "congratulations on your baby girl!" it was just congratulations.

I feel so horrible but I can't help it. :(

atomic sagebrush
July 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I bet your boys are cuter than their girls though!! :)

I Love Ladybugs
July 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM
It is all over my FB this am.....I have been hiding posts once I congratulate here and the new one. Way too much pink over in FB land and IRL :(

(((hugs)))

Emily
July 20th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Not crazy or insane. Normal and understandable. I really wish we knew more about why some people get just one gender. In the last month two friends IRL have found out that they are having DD2 and DS3 with none of the other gender. Oh and a friend who found out she is having a boy but wanted another girl instead. They are all putting on a brave face but it really sucks.

I think this is partly why i am dragging my feet and not finding out immediately although i know i wont be able to not look at the 20 week scan.

1+2+3boys
July 27th, 2013, 02:34 AM
I know how you feel to some extent. At playgroup the other day one lady with twin boys was saying how she wants one more and really really hopes it is a girl and I told her how much I want a girl too and one of the Mums with boy/girl twins went on to give a speech of how amazing her daughter is and all the cute things she does that a boy probably wouldn't do and how incredibly lucky she is to have one. It sounded great but she was going on about it too much