PDA

View Full Version : How big is/was ur bump??

Tammy123
July 21st, 2013, 10:00 AM
I was really neat with ds, big bump but not big anywhere else. Everyone I know who's had a girl and been huuuuge and put weight on everywhere. I'm 16 weeks now and barely got a little bump. Makes me think it's another boy! I'm going and cos i keep googling celebs when they were pregnant lol to see how big they were and what they had lol. Anyone carried opposite to the theory? Ie. was anyone huge with a boy or neat and tidy with a girl? Would love to know :)

Mrs_P
July 21st, 2013, 03:20 PM
i was huge with ds1, tiny with ds2, in the middle with both ds3 and my little lady, for me its more to do with the babies position in the womb and how you carry them

Wanting-a-girl
July 21st, 2013, 06:23 PM
ive been all baby with all 4 of my boys... i know my mom had three boys and then me and with me she had a all baby bump too... my cousin who has had girls gets amazingly huge lol... my bff had a girl she did somehow gain 70 pounds but she lookes all baby i dont know where she waas packing that weight lol ...... my one friend whos due a week before me with a boy has quite the wide bump

afy
July 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Lol Tammy it's a relief reading this knowing I'm not the only one who googles belly shapes lolll.. I've been doing the same and just wind myself up.
When I was pregnant with DD I went wide my ass and hips were huge and my bump was quite big too but like an oval shape too it. Everyone guessed girl so this time I keep obsessing over my belly but I know there'a no real facts and it depends on the woman's stomach muscles, baby's position.
My gender scan is on Thursday so I will finally find out hopefully if the little one co operates, and no more obsessing or symptom picking!

afy
July 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM
Lol Tammy it's a relief reading this knowing I'm not the only one who googles belly shapes lolll.. I've been doing the same and just wind myself up.
When I was pregnant with DD I went wide my ass and hips were huge and my bump was quite big too but like an oval shape too it. Everyone guessed girl so this time I keep obsessing over my belly but I know there'a no real facts and it depends on the woman's stomach muscles, baby's position.
My gender scan is on Thursday so I will finally find out hopefully if the little one co operates, and no more obsessing or symptom picking!

zem7
July 21st, 2013, 08:52 PM
With all of my pregnancies I have stayed small everywhere but the belly and boobs. if you look at me from the back you can't even tell I am pregnant (unless you see me walk, later on lol). I have had 1 girl and 3 boys, and I am currently pregnant with baby girl number 2, I am 21 weeks, and all belly. This time I MAY have put on a little on my hips, but DH says no. Maybe it is just me looking too far into it! lol

hotdogz&boyz
July 21st, 2013, 11:45 PM
Nope...mine were textbook. But I think it's just coincidence. My cousin has two girls and carried them totally different!

But me, my boys were all boob and belly. And my girl...I think even my eyebrows gained weight ;)

HopefulMonster
August 22nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
I have to agree that generally speaking I see mums of girls with huge low bumps and weight put on their faces and bums etc, with mums of boys seeming to have tight high bumps and very little weight gain elsewhere.

BeadinMom
August 22nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
For my boys, my nose got huge!!!

dloui128
August 22nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
with DD1 I was huge everywhere but only gained 30lbs, with DD2 I was small everywhere will just a bump and gained 25lbs, with DS I carried just like I did with DD1 and with him I gained almost 60lbs! And all of my babies have been big

WillowsGirl
August 22nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
I guess I'm just weird, because I carried two boys exactly how you describe. I get a huge butt and thighs and put on a ton of weight. My actual bump is small. I don't even look pregnant, just fat.

Becca.lms
August 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM
I gained some water in my butt, thighs, arms.
My belly was high, not low. Two boys.

3littleladies
September 3rd, 2013, 03:11 AM
With all of mine ive been huge watermelon shape, all out front from behind you wouldnt think I was preggers & I carry really low.