PDA

View Full Version : Dr P - How long are hysteroscopy results valid for pre-testing purposes?

coralsky
July 21st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Dr Potter

I am wondering if you can let me know how long hysteroscopy results stay valid for pretesting?

I have previously had 3 failed ivf/pgd cycles at a European clinic, and at the moment I am trying naturally (with a sway plan from atomic, who has been fab!) but haven't fallen pregnant as yet, and if it doesn't happen naturally within the next 4-5months or so, I will seriously consider trying a cycle at HRC (hopefully I will have saved up enough cash by then!)

I have recently had a hysteroscopy at my local hospital (to try & find any reason for non-implantation) and they saw no issues in my uterus :) so I am wondering if there will be a deadline for a cycle at HRC using these results, as obviously I would like to save as much cash as I can, and not have to get my uterus checked again if at all possible.

If you could let me know, I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance

coralsky
August 14th, 2013, 07:26 AM
bump....hoping you can let me know asap?
many thanks

coralsky
September 17th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Bumping again for Dr Potter...if u could let me know I would appreciate it.

willtherebe4
September 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Bump, would like to know too :)

Dr. Potter
September 22nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Hi Dr Potter

I am wondering if you can let me know how long hysteroscopy results stay valid for pretesting?

I have previously had 3 failed ivf/pgd cycles at a European clinic, and at the moment I am trying naturally (with a sway plan from atomic, who has been fab!) but haven't fallen pregnant as yet, and if it doesn't happen naturally within the next 4-5months or so, I will seriously consider trying a cycle at HRC (hopefully I will have saved up enough cash by then!)

I have recently had a hysteroscopy at my local hospital (to try & find any reason for non-implantation) and they saw no issues in my uterus :) so I am wondering if there will be a deadline for a cycle at HRC using these results, as obviously I would like to save as much cash as I can, and not have to get my uterus checked again if at all possible.

If you could let me know, I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance

The hysteroscopes results are valid for 6-12 months. 12 months if you do not have fibroids, 6 months if you do

coralsky
September 23rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Brilliant, thank you so much for letting me know...

I do not have fibroids, so assuming I cycled within 12months of my hysteroscopy, then it would save me having to get a HSG?...in that case am I correct in thinking I would only need blood tests and AFC for pre-testing?

and specifically which blood tests would I need?...I am guessing FSH, AMH, estrodial, anything else I am missing?

Many thanks :)

Dr. Potter
October 18th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Brilliant, thank you so much for letting me know...

I do not have fibroids, so assuming I cycled within 12months of my hysteroscopy, then it would save me having to get a HSG?...in that case am I correct in thinking I would only need blood tests and AFC for pre-testing?

and specifically which blood tests would I need?...I am guessing FSH, AMH, estrodial, anything else I am missing?

Many thanks :)
I would add antral follicle count (AFC), which is an ultrasound to count the number of resting follicles present.

coralsky
October 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
I would add antral follicle count (AFC), which is an ultrasound to count the number of resting follicles present.

Hi Dr Potter

That's great, thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I think I may be filling out the consult form v soon (just need to discuss with DH first)

I know you are extremely busy, but I was wondering roughly how long the wait is for initial consult?...and how long the process is likely to take - from consult to pretesting to cycling?
Also, did I read somewhere you may have plans to come to the UK soon?...I would be v interested if so.

Many thanks again for taking the time to reply to my questions :)