PDA

View Full Version : Help! Eaten spoiled food in 2ww

Princess_G
July 22nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
I am worried sick. I spooned a huge dollop of hummus from the tub this evening (lazy meal, I'm exhausted!) and it tasted kinda...fizzy. I had another giant dollop just to be sure it wasn't my taste buds acting funny or anything but it was definitely bad.
After a bit of googling, fizzy hummus is definitely hummus gone bad.
I am 7DPO and so worried that if I am sick I will damage a potential baby - I don't even know for sure I am pregnant this month but what if I was?
All the stories of listeria from houmous or even food poisoning.
What should I do?! I feel awful, what if I have ruined a possible pregnancy?

I worked out that the pot of houmous came on a picnic with us yesterday and didn't all get eaten. It was in a cool bag that was left in a hot car, so it warmed up after a few hours.
I didn't think anything of it and just put it back in the fridge when we got home.

Is there anything I can do to stop me getting sick? :(

bunnywabbit
July 22nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Sorry, Princess_G. Not a lot you can do, tbh apart from sit it out and see how you feel. Hopefully it'll be fine and will pass. If you do start to feel ill, ring NHS Direct and ask for advice. x

nuthinbutpink
July 22nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Just knowing so many people that were drunk as skunks early in pregnancy before they knew they were pregnant and the baby turned out just fine- I would not worry!!

Princess_G
July 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks both, trying not to worry but we all know how that turns out!! Drinking plenty to at least stay hydrated in case anything comes of it

Little Lunasa
July 22nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Try not to stress, Im sure it will be fine :)

HopeandDreamG
July 22nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Just knowing so many people that were drunk as skunks early in pregnancy before they knew they were pregnant and the baby turned out just fine- I would not worry!!

Just what I was going to say!!

HopefulMonster
July 22nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
Honestly I smoked more than 20 a day before I had an oops and got pregnant and even then I found it impossible to quit cold turkey and had to slowly wean off. A bit of bad hummous might give you a funny tummy but it wont do any harm hun don't worry. Tons of baby dust to you xxxxxxxxxx

Princess_G
July 23rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks everyone!
I've been lucky, so far nearly 24 hours and not so much as an upset tummy!

gurly
July 23rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks everyone!

That's good! I've had food poisoning, and it hit within a couple of hours.

Emily
July 24th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks everyone!

Great! I think fizzy means the humous had started to ferment - that is caused by different bacteria to listeria. Obviously it isnt ideal but i think listeria is normally in dairy and meat so far less risk with hummous than a yoghurt based dip.