PDA

View Full Version : Vitex and the Shettles curse

Coyleof7
July 22nd, 2013, 09:23 PM
I'm planning my :DD: sway for September (with a fully on board DH)...I've been recommended by doc to try SI, as last time we tried Vitex (Doc said it sways pink) and we had a boy...but then I've been thinking :worry: - - - we also followed Shettles to a tee....:worry:

So my question is: Should we try Vitex again, but this time with exercise, LE diet, FR and one attempt at O-1 (day before O)?

AF lasts 4 days (always has)...started my first chart this month to get 2 cycles of temps to pinpoint O but "know" it's CD 12 for me (may be day out) - but O day is not part of the question really until I know for sure if it's CD 12 or 13...

Question 2 is then: Is Vitex to be taken from AF to O (as before, minus Shettles this time round lol) and SI to be taken when?

I have:
1000mg tabs pure Agnus Castus - not started
50mg tabs pure Soy Isoflavones (no calcium, no magnisium, just 3 types of Isoflavones) - not started
Started taking 2000mcg Folic Acid (prescribed) a day, as normally have low levels, plus doc thinks it might help ease morning sickness (I normally land up in hospital with it) if I have high enough levels BEFORE pregnancy occurs - not to mention looking after the bean.

My doc is awesome - she loves to research this stuff as much as I do and is always willing to let me be a guinea pig!! Although she won't back me on a home birth due to my back problems....but that's another story xx

shannashimmers
July 22nd, 2013, 09:27 PM
What is SI?

Coyleof7
July 22nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
What is SI?

sorry - SI = Soy Isoflavones. Bought them after talking with doc and reading Atomics Essay thread : http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/1881-super-soy-girl-boy.html

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2013, 08:44 AM
Shettles doesn't work, it doesn't sway, and whatever reason you got a boy last time the day you DTD had nothng to do with it.

You can't do vitex and SI at the same time, so my recommendation is to do the vitex for 6 weeks before TTC and then at your next AF, drop the vitex on CD 1 and start the SI CD 3-5. Or if there's no time for that, then take the vitex AFTER you ovulate for 2 weeks then stop it and start SI.

glory
July 23rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
The only good thing about Shettles is I have 3 beautiful boys from it (was going for a girl lol) the first one was only a little bit following the book, but the next 2 were spot on from the book!

Coyleof7
July 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Shettles doesn't work, it doesn't sway, and whatever reason you got a boy last time the day you DTD had nothng to do with it.

You can't do vitex and SI at the same time, so my recommendation is to do the vitex for 6 weeks before TTC and then at your next AF, drop the vitex on CD 1 and start the SI CD 3-5. Or if there's no time for that, then take the vitex AFTER you ovulate for 2 weeks then stop it and start SI.

Since coming here I have learned that Shettles is just hogwash...Diet truly is key. All my boys were conceived on a "me-pigging-out-everyday diet" and my daughter was conceived on a diet very similar, if not more strict, as the LE diet.

So Vitex from now to September AF, then swap for SI... CD 3 will actually be September 22nd.