PDA

View Full Version : Give me some price ideas for Dr Potter!

Amelie
May 10th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I would be travelling from Europe with 2 boys and hubby:wink: . How long would I need to stay. Is it hard to fly back early pregnancy? I never flew during pregnancy ever before.
Thanks for your info!

lovehugs
May 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
They say you have to stay 10 days but both cycles my ER has been deferred by a day so I would add 2 on. I also arrive a day earlier. Last time I arrived on a Sunday and saw Dr P on the Monday. I left the following Friday. I hope this helps. (Oh and I flew back to Australia - I don't think it makes any difference to early preg but then I wasn't preg anyway as it turns out...)

nuthinbutpink
May 10th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Flying is no different at that stage. 10 days is average like pp said assuming all of your early monitoring is done in Europe.

Amelie
May 11th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Thanks for your info. @lovehugs can you give me an idea about costs for one cycle. ( I read something about an insurance where you get a portion of the money back if you don't get pregnant???- could you explain that to me?) I am really new to the entire "Potterworld" ;-). I have done a lot research on European Places. I have a good idea about the prices there. But since the success rates in Europe stand far behind the US, I am considering to go there if it would be possible. Did you have to take all boys with you. I unfortunately have no other option. I mean Disney is close I saw on Google Earth but.... will I be able to go there, enjoy, will I feel sick from the hormons???? Should I be resting instead??? I am very worried that I am so focused on my body that I won't be able to take care of the kids.... so many worries...

Lara2011
May 11th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Hi Amelie
I cycled in March with Dr. Potter and Lori and we had a great outcome! Both are really brilliant and I can highly recommend to cycle there after a "No Transfer" cycle in Europe. I am 38 years old.
Your questions:
1) Cost: ICSI/PGD/GSN: $ 12-13 / Medication: $ 3-5 / travel with our 2 boys: $ 7-9, our cost in total approx. $ 25.
2) We had two of our 3 boys with us and we had a really great holiday, flight was no problem and you can do so much things there, they will enjoy (Seawold, SanDiego Zoo, Laguna Beach, Disney world....)
3) I had no side effect from the drugs, little headache from the Lupron, and some pain (next 24hours) after ER (but this was easy to handle).
4) No worries, Lori and Dr. Potter are great and you can do it!

lovehugs
May 11th, 2011, 04:59 AM
I'm glad Lara2011 got a good result. Don't go expecting to though... I've been through 2 cycles now - one with no transfer and one with a transfer but a BFN.

We also travelled with our 4 boys the first time and rented a house at Huntington Beach. It sleeps 12 and was lovely. We also visited Disney (3 days), Universal (2 days), San Diego Zoo and Seaworld, etc...

Second time I went on my own and still did a lot of sightseeing as I can't sit still lol.

I'm not adding up the costs but Lara2011's would be more relevant for you anyway as my meds would cost a diff amount from Aust.

Lara2011
May 11th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Hi Lovehugs, it made me so sad that it did not work for you. This is not fair, I wished I could change this for you...! The decision to do high tech is so a difficult one, it was the most challangeing decision in my live. I am fully aware that we had great fortune in the US and I am really thankful for this. I hope you find a way to get your girl, maybe an egg donation...? Big hugs!

My feeling is that in our age the risk to have a "No Transfer" is 50/50 and if you have the luck to have an embryo of the desired gender the chances are very good. I had 9 embryos and only 1 was normal, and have 3 healthly boys, had 1 m/c, the question why we produce so many abnormal embryos is still here....?

nuthinbutpink
May 11th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I'm glad Lara2011 got a good result. Don't go expecting to though... I've been through 2 cycles now - one with no transfer and one with a transfer but a BFN.

We also travelled with our 4 boys the first time and rented a house at Huntington Beach. It sleeps 12 and was lovely. We also visited Disney (3 days), Universal (2 days), San Diego Zoo and Seaworld, etc...

Second time I went on my own and still did a lot of sightseeing as I can't sit still lol.

I'm not adding up the costs but Lara2011's would be more relevant for you anyway as my meds would cost a diff amount from Aust.

Amelie, regarding "expectations", once you get pretesting done and when you take your age into consideration, you can get an idea of how likely this path is to work for you. Unfortunately, as we approach 40, it is very difficult to find success due to egg quality issues. Has nothing to do with being able to conceive naturally, just making more than one good egg can be difficult. So, the younger you are, the better your chances. It will depend on how many you transfer and the quality of what is put back. Good luck!

Mollymaybe
May 11th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Hi Shirley, we met over on IG. Glad to see you're still looking at getting your little girl! I'm still going to Cyprus at the end of July. I'm actually having all the treatment done over there now cos we'll be there for 18 nights. (hope that's long enough) . I've been to the docs this week to get my BCP sorted and I'm having my blood tests done next week. Me and my other half have been taking loads of vitamins so our embryos are the best possible quality and he's been on the strict girl diet! Glad to see you're looking into the US. This is prob the best place to go. I've been thinking though, if this doesn't work I'm going back to Cyprus but to genesis where they offer sperm sorting. That clinic is said to have a good reputation too. Anyhow, good luck with your plans. Keep us posted! X

Amelie
May 13th, 2011, 12:07 AM
hi mollymaybe,

great to find you over here as well. Thanks everyone for the answers. lovehugs I am very sorry. I keep reading so many negative stories, my fear is growing.I just got refused from the first fertility clinic over here, now my next appointment is june 8th. hubby already did sperm test-all fine. Still cannot decide where to go. I thought Dr Potter was cheaper, it said 11 somewhere on a page. My husband tried to call hrc but could not get a hold of anybody. 25 is far out of reach for hubby. even though euro exchange rate is good right now. and october offseason. 15 is max. we just bought a house and I am not working. I am 33 years old. The pressure is very hard for me. All my friends have girls. I feel like I failed. I know that's terrible to say, I have two wonderful sons that I would never trade. But the fear of not succeeding his high. every night, I am awake.... how long can I go on like this. I gotta hurry... need pink....

is genesis dr savas? you are going to dogus?

@molly which vitamins did you buy exactly? I used to take folic acid and all the maternity stuff. dh is not takin any

Dreaming
May 13th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I spent £8k on my cycle with Dr Potter. Plus the cost of our 11 night family holiday (which was great fun).

Mollymaybe
May 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Shirley. For the last month I've been taking pregnacare conception, omega 3, co enzyme Q 10, royal jelly, bee propolis and wheatgrass. I'll also take baby aspirin when the process starts. DH is on vitamin c (to help make girls) omega 3 , co enzyme Q 10 and the male pregnacare conception. Apparently sperm takes just under 3 months to make so your hubby needs to start in plenty of time. Hope this helps. MM. X x

Amelie
May 15th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Thanks Mollymaybe,

thanks for all the info.I will see that I get a few of these over here in Germany. Not that easy. Strange, the first doctor that I saw told me not to take Aspirin before ET. OK, DH will get some Vit C, that is easy. Can you find those Q 10 in the US? I have to check if he can buy some over there.
Oh I am so nervous. Still haven't decided where to go. I have to postpone the next appointment with fertility clinic cause DH is on business trip. I hate to do that. Have you finally decided where to go? I still try to figure out a way for going to Dr Potter, but I have no ideas for financing. I did not get the insurance thing? I understood that you have a guarantee if you don't get pregnant in the first cycle???? Did you understand it? Could you explain it to me?
My brain is spinning around this whole idea and I feel like I am not myself anymore. I keep distracting myself by meeting friends but I could never ever talk about my problems. I don't want to sound weak in front of them. Only a few friend know how much I would love to have a little baby girl.
Hope to stay in contact.
XXX Shirley

Amelie
May 15th, 2011, 12:42 AM
@ Dreaming- what do you think will be the costs for vaccations? I try to give DH a number for his bank. So £8k plus meds????