PDA

View Full Version : 20 week ultrasound is another boy...still obsessing over whether it could be a girl:(

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
July 24th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I already have 3 amazing, crazy boys. I thought for sure that this one was different and would be a girl because it was quite the surprise. Feel so sad that my dreams of having a mother-daughter relationship like the one I have with my mom is not going to happen. I need to come to terms with this and I know I will love him once he gets here. Just can't seem to fully accept it is another boy. 12551

Coyleof7
July 24th, 2013, 07:47 PM
On my last sway, for a girl, we got a boy. I now have 1 girl (the eldest) and 4 boys. DH has agreed to sway again, but defo for last time...but this time I'm prepared!! On saying that I did experience a little GD at my 20wk scan with my youngest and thought - "well that's that then" but was actually more upset that I wasn't giving the kids their longed for baby sister. However as he grew inside me he became more and more precious and by the time he was born I'd forgotten all about those feelings (but when I held him for the first time I felt a little guilty for ever having felt "disappointed"). Every day now, it's like he was always meant to be here and although we're trying for another one, we wouldn't change him for the world. You WILL feel better, I promise you that and he will be just as crazy and as special as your other little men xx

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
July 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for much Coyleof. I feel sad and feel sad for feeling sad....

nuthinbutpink
July 24th, 2013, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry.

Coyleof7
July 24th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks for much Coyleof. I feel sad and feel sad for feeling sad....

It's totally ok to feel like that. It's the way any person feels when they set their heart on something that doesn't come to pass.

But your amazing body has just made as amazing little life and you will love him as much as you would have loved your daughter - he's a miracle, he's YOUR miracle - he choose you as his safe warm place to live and grow inside and he choose your arms to keep him just as warm and safe when the time comes. Girl or boy you will love him for that!! I still find myself thinking of what could have been (what may still be), but I never feel like I felt when the sonographer said "it's a boy"...you'll get there too :hug2: