PDA

View Full Version : High risk nt scan

Danihurley
July 24th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I have jus been told by doctor I am high risk for Down syndrome 1:285 is this something I should b concerned about?
I am freaking out, as I lost my first daughter to turners syndrome at 20 week gestation.

nuthinbutpink
July 24th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Well, statistically, you are still looking good! at 1:285, that means you have a 0.4% chance of your baby having downs.

Were there any soft makers seen at the NT scan? Are they recommending a 4D scan or an amnio? What about the other new prenatal blood tests like MaterniT21?

Wanting-a-girl
July 24th, 2013, 10:34 PM
1:285 sounds pretty good still to me.. I would try and relax

Danihurley
July 24th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Have been refereed to have an amnio in few weeks
Still scary jus hope this is not history repeating its self :(

Another princess
July 25th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Please try not to worry. I have been there! I had a 1:5 risk of downs from the combined screening. Had the amino and I am now sitting feeding my beautiful, healthy baby girl. Goodluck

queen-bee
July 25th, 2013, 12:27 AM
I've done pgd and my embryo was tested clear before transfer. Yet,
I got 1:330 chance of Downs. I refused to do any further testing because amnio or cvs can cause miscarriage in 1:100 cases. I would have done the new blood test if I knew it was available in Sydney then. I have had a couple of scans since then and they all looked reassuring. If your anomaly scan comes back good, with no major abnormalities, you can add another 200 to your odds (1:400 is a low risk!) Try not to worry!

Danihurley
July 25th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Thank you all so much for the advice and sharing ur experiences, has really helped calm the nerves
Dani xxxxx

Wanting-a-girl
July 25th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I have seen so many false positives that turn out to be perfectly healthy babies and my moms cousin had a baby a few months ago and had a perfect NT scan and had a little boy with downs...if it wasn't for wanting to see my baby I would bypass the NT

The Anchor
July 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Would love to say "don't worry" like PPs but I know from experience that I don't worry any less when someone says that...ever! :) Just wanted to say I got exactly the same odds as you (1:285 - mostly because of my age though) and my son is 100% perfect!

Wanting-a-girl
July 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Yes relaxing is impossible lol I also hate saying that to people cause I know what it's like...

Emily
July 25th, 2013, 10:10 PM
If someone offered me those odds at the bookies i would put all my money on in one bet. I hope you get some answers soon. Hugs

iwonder
July 25th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I am so sorry you lost your first daughter. 1:285 sounds pretty good to me, but I can understand that you are nervous. Hope you hear good news at the amnio.

HopefulMonster
August 13th, 2013, 01:53 PM
My good friend is 24 years old and got a result of 1:15000 on the test, all her scans came back perfect, she had a perfect delivery, yet it turned out her baby girl had down syndrome and also a heart defect they completely missed in every scan. Luckily the surgery to repair the hole in her heart was a complete success and she's now a gorgeous smiley 12 month old. I just wanted to kind of reassure you that the statistics mean absolutely nothing if you are the wrong side of them. Sending you lots of love and prayers that everything is perfect with your little one xxxxxxxxx

aidansmum
August 16th, 2013, 01:56 AM
My little boy's test came back at 1:162 and I was terrified. We had an amnio to be 100% sure he was fine and he is a perfect little boy. Having said that, I know how hard it is not to freak out when comes to our babies. I'm sure it will all be fine and you will have a perfect, healthy baby. :)