PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with anxiety?

Hopeful1
July 27th, 2013, 01:57 AM
I have chronic issues with anxiety and depression. I do not take medication except the occasional Xanax for when the panic gets really bad (like 1-2 x monthly). I recently got a book on meditation to reduce anxiety/stress. But after reading some of the stuff about chronic helpless/hopeless stress creating more girls, I'm wondering if the meditation is a good idea. The problemis that my anxiety is really getting out of control, so I have to do something. How can I manage stress/anxiety and still sway pink?

BeadinMom
July 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I think meditation is a great idea!! You're right...I suffer from it, too & you really do need to do something about it. It only gets worse once you get pregnant...and meditation would be a great tool to have during that time.. especially since you can't take any kind of medication for it.
Good luck!!

lovemysonbut
July 27th, 2013, 08:35 AM
do antidepressants sway pink or blue? After a missed miscarriage and 8 months off ttc and starving myself and spending all my money on supps, I'm getting seriously depressed too and my doctor recommended I go on them....

BeadinMom
July 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM
They sway pink...but be careful...I was on them before this pregnancy & had to quit them when I fell pregnant...made my anxiety 20 times worse.
You need to wean off of them, too...can't just quit.
But if you need them...you need them & I completely understand. I actually took them during my last pregnancy - 8 yrs ago - before they knew it was bad...I truly think he's my smartest kid...I often wonder if that's why...lol.
Good luck, LoveMySon

Wanting-a-girl
July 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I was taking lorazepam when trying to conceive wand was dealing with anxiety/panic attacks for 17 months at that point... God that is the worst feeling in the world! I hope you managing okay...

So I had really bad morning sickness in the first trimester and was prescribed diclectin and found that it really helped me manage my anxiety throughout this pregnancy...

Hopeful1
July 27th, 2013, 01:06 PM
do antidepressants sway pink or blue? After a missed miscarriage and 8 months off ttc and starving myself and spending all my money on supps, I'm getting seriously depressed too and my doctor recommended I go on them....

I have really mixed feelings about antidepressants. On the one hand I know several people who have turned their lives around because of them (I have a lot of depression in my family and was in a support group for depression in college). On the other hand I have seen absolutely horrible side effects, including two people pushed into manic/psychotic episodes and one girl hospitalized repeatedly because she became obsessed with suicide.

If you are really in a bad place then antidepressants could be the best thing for you. Be aware that you will get withdrawals when you come off them though.

atomic sagebrush
July 28th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Xanax sways pink, anxiety sways blue, please continue

Hopeful1
July 29th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Xanax sways pink, anxiety sways blue, please continue

But I thought chronic stress/anxiety, especially if it is hopeless stress sways pink? Why does anxiety sway blue? And what does Xanax do to sway pink? I have been avoiding taking it because of TTC, but should I take it more? My script is to take "as needed" and my doc says up to 2 a day is fine. I don't take nearly that much but if it sways should I go ahead and take it? I'm confused now.

2bnaday
July 29th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I'm also wondering why anxiety sways blue...so I actually want to try to be relaxed and not stressed for my pink sway? It seems like that would signal that things are "going well"/good conditions versus declining condition. I'm confused as well! Does confusion and self-doubt sway pink? ;)

BeadinMom
July 29th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Anxiety...as in...I'm a boy mom, I need to control everything. LOL.
It's a trait I think most boy moms (myself included) can relate to.
I'm assuming & I'm sure Atomic will have more to say or correct me if I'm wrong...but the Xanax sways pink because it relaxes you...which will lower your testosterone levels which will sway girl.

I hope this helps.

gurly
July 30th, 2013, 02:51 AM
I have really mixed feelings about antidepressants. On the one hand I know several people who have turned their lives around because of them (I have a lot of depression in my family and was in a support group for depression in college). On the other hand I have seen absolutely horrible side effects, including two people pushed into manic/psychotic episodes and one girl hospitalized repeatedly because she became obsessed with suicide.

If you are really in a bad place then antidepressants could be the best thing for you. Be aware that you will get withdrawals when you come off them though.

Don't let that scare you from seeking treatment.

1) a lot of people don't realize this, but when someone who really has bipolar disorder is diagnosed with depression and put on an anti depressant without a mood stabilizer (like lamitrogine), it can bring out mania (in the form of suicidal thoughts for instance). And people are often misdiagnosed

2) you should be followed closely by your pdoc (and one you trust and feel comfortable with) and tell him about any weird thoughts/feelings

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2013, 02:18 PM
But I thought chronic stress/anxiety, especially if it is hopeless stress sways pink? Why does anxiety sway blue? And what does Xanax do to sway pink? I have been avoiding taking it because of TTC, but should I take it more? My script is to take "as needed" and my doc says up to 2 a day is fine. I don't take nearly that much but if it sways should I go ahead and take it? I'm confused now.

working on essay now. Short version, most of us have anxiety because we want to plan how we can control our universes so best to prevent anything dire from befalling ourselves or those we love. The type of stress that comes from trying to control our environment tends to sway blue. Some say it's because of testosterone. Maybe. We honestly don't know for sure.

I have talked to literally thousands of women and it is the anxious, constantly worried ones who have boy after boy. Girl moms are either more laid back and just trust that things are going to work out, OR have kinda given up and are like, "I know this isn't going to work anyway"

2bnaday
August 1st, 2013, 02:23 PM
"anxious, constantly worried ones who have boy after boy..." Yikes. You just described me. I will try to chill out for first attempt this month! Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge!

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2013, 02:25 PM
I'm also wondering why anxiety sways blue...so I actually want to try to be relaxed and not stressed for my pink sway? It seems like that would signal that things are "going well"/good conditions versus declining condition. I'm confused as well! Does confusion and self-doubt sway pink? ;)

Yes, you want to be relaxed and not stressed for your pink sway. In order for stress to reliably sway pink instead of blue, you have to be under such great stress and for so long that your body gets "tired" and stops making testosterone (or whatever it is that actually sways). This takes some doing. Most of us boy moms are control freaks by nature and when we are faced with challenging situations, we fight to control as much as is possible. This sends T levels skyrocketing. you are much better off just chillin' and letting go of control as much as you possibly can, and for those of us who tend to be control freaks to begin with, letting go of control happens a lot more easily when we do not put ourselves into situations where we feel like we NEED to control things (ie taking on new exciting projects that feel very very important to us, like gender swaying.)

Re maternal condition and stress, you really have to have an extended period of stress with no "payoff" in terms of success for it to take that big a toll on your body. It's like trying to gain 150 lbs because overweight people have more girls - while, yes, they do have more girls, gaining150 lbs is not a good sway tactic because it's not good for you, it's difficult to do and you have no way to know if you're one of those people who can withstand it anyway - so you have harmed your health for something that may not even work.

Rainbow baby
August 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM
:( nawwww maybe thats why I have all boys, I'm on medication for anxiety issues I can't control them myself!! Getting meditation tapes of ebay tonight. Although medication does control the panicky constant feeling it doesn't totally get rid of it!! It doesn't it helps but its still there, behavioural therapy with a psychologist I feel is probably your best bet if you are totally against medication! My dr said she can totally cure me and reckons it will only take a few months well I have been going for a while now and I am so so much better!! I am using utensils I could never even look at before as it would trigger panic attacks and driving long distances!! It might not cure you but it is sure worth a try!! You can control your anxiety BUT you have to learn how and it isn't as easy as not thinking about it because the more you not think about it the more you focus on the effects. I am willing to give you a few things I have learned from the psychologist that may help you if your to ashamed in real life to admit you have a mental condition if you like!! It is said everybody has a mental condition its just how they manage there thoughts and focus points so please don't get offended when I say that. It is learning to except the condition rather than be ashamed of it that has helped me alot and learning when to step back and let people help aGot to go with the flow!! Pm me if you want me to let you know how to do a few techniques I have been taught!! Or anyone who wants to know I am willing to help!! Its worth a try!! Cant hurt you!!