PDA

View Full Version : using opk at work/opk help

aprilbride
July 28th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Hi all!

Im about to come off BCP at the end of this month (in 3 days!) and im going to be using both paper cheapie opks and the clear blue ones but im struggling to work out how to go about this.

I was thinking of using the paper one at work then the clear blue when I get home.
I really have no idea how i will sneakily use it at work though!

If I was to pee on the paper strip and slide it back into its packet and check it when i get home would that work?

Do you think this is the best approach for both opks? i really would like to use the digital ones twice a day but they are so exp in australia...

aprilbride
July 28th, 2013, 06:53 AM
also, if i come off the pill on thursday and i get a bleed, should i be using any opks during this time?

aprilbride
July 28th, 2013, 06:55 AM
perhaps the saliva based tests would be better since you have to test in the morning? as anyone had experience with these?

Cauliflower
July 28th, 2013, 08:07 AM
You can start using OPK after your bleeding stops.
I have been using OPKs at work. I have some that I can pee on and put the cap on, then I have it in my pocket and check after 5 min. You should read it within 5 min, most accurate.
Good luck!

bunnywabbit
July 28th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I have to do my cheapies at work - I have a tiny jar I use which fits neatly into the palm of my hand so not arousing suspicion. If you are well and truly stuck and don't have the convenience of your regular routine, I guess you could use the cheapie sachet and use that (make sure you take the silica gel out first!). Sounds disgusting, I know, but disposes quickly and easily in the back of the bin!

As said earlier, test within the time mentioned on the packaging, which is normally 5 minutes. Urine test is a little better than saliva, IMO.

aprilbride
July 29th, 2013, 04:06 AM
do you need to keep the paper stick in your wee for 5 minutes or can you dip it in and slide it back into the packet?

Little Lunasa
July 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM
do you need to keep the paper stick in your wee for 5 minutes or can you dip it in and slide it back into the packet?

Most are 5 seconds in your wee not 5 minutes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilbride
July 30th, 2013, 05:42 AM
thanks, so ill just take the packet into the bathroom and pee in it lol and take the strip out and have a look! then use the digital one at night :)

Dreamofpink
July 30th, 2013, 05:52 AM
If you can get hold of one of those little sample bottles that docs use (with the screw cap) they're very good for peeing into in public. I'd dip the strip, put it back into the packet & pop it in my bag to check on over a few mins. Just don't forget about the strip in your bag like I did on occasion!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

aprilbride
August 1st, 2013, 07:17 AM
thanks, today i peed in the packet lol. wish there was a better way! hard for me to secrectly check after 5 minutes.