PDA

View Full Version : Vit B6 and boy sway

shamid
May 11th, 2011, 08:32 AM
hi ladies,
I had a chemical pregnancy last month and was wondering if I should take vitamin b6, because of this and also I also tend to spot for a few days prior to AF , and may have low progesterone levels. I have read that vit b6 is good if you have had miscariages but also it sways pink, what should I do? seems important to prevent miscarriage. Please repl.

LolaInLove
May 11th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Shamid, so sorry to hear about your m/c. I would have your progesterone level checked, and if need be, get your doctor to put you on a progesterone supplement (I take a suppository you shove up your vaj, but there are pills also). Is your LP shorter than 12 days or so? All B vitamins are good to take to prevent m/c. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking B6, but it is believed to sway pink, so I still think...when you take the prog supplement, you take it after you have attempted, so you are not affecting the sway, although if you keep trying and getting bfns, you are potentially swaying pink from ttc again right away with more progesterone in your system. However, my thinking is that if you can't keep a pregnancy anyway like me, gotta do what you gotta do and not worry about how it affects the sway as much! If you truly have low progesterone, it is much better to just get on a progesterone supplement of some sort. There are tons of us who do, especially in the mid 30s. I hope that helps....hopefully Atomic or NBP will chime in here. That is just my thinking.

LolaInLove
May 11th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Oh, also, they usually do a blood draw around CD 21 to check progesterone, it is simple.

shamid
May 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks Lolalnlove, will get the level checked out, waiting for my AF to get back on track, also have been loose with diet.

shamid
May 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Sorry forgot to mention i ovulate around day 13 and start spotting around day 24- 26, for at least two days before bleeding.
as I was saying above, need to get strict with diet, I am still havin tea with milk 3-4 times daily, bit of a tea addict. Ive tried soya, rice milk ugh...... also themilk sometimes curdles in the tea, so went back to normal milk.

LolaInLove
May 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Well, that's not a bad LP, but still, if they think you have low prog, then it's best to get it checked out so you can ensure a healthy pregnancy! Don't stress about the milk....I honestly think drinking some whole milk (and almond or rice if you can handle it....I personally love almond milk) is good for a boy sway.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Here is my essay about using B6 to raise your progesterone levels. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1919-raising-progesterone-through-diet-B-6-and-prog-cream-HOW-TO

It may not sway pink as strongly as once believed and may in fact sway blue. I was taking it during my failed sway and my boy is def a boy and not a girl!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2099-Read-on-another-forum-that-B6-sways-BOY!-Freaking-out-now!

LolaInLove
May 16th, 2011, 12:25 PM
REALLY? I guess I am still primed to think it is a big boy sway no-no from IG.....well, that is good to know!