PDA

View Full Version : Is potty shot needed for confirmation of gender at 19 weeks?

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
July 30th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I was given this picture below and it said, "its a boy"! no potty shot or explanation. Is this a boy? 19 weeks?12680

Feel silly even posting this, but just can't come to grips with 4 boys. GD is awful! Hoping that more confirmation will allow me to move forward.

Am3a
July 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I can't see it!? I have no idea what I'm looking at!

Big hugs to you Mama. Xx

Sway&Wish
July 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
No you don't need a potty shot; you can determine sex from the side shot as well. Sorry to hear that you are struggling.

OneLastDream
July 30th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I can't make out the pic sorry but just wanted to say I felt the same as you and our beautiful little boy no 4 is now 6 weeks old - I am still not over the girl thing but 4 boys is actually quite lovely and I wouldn't give him back for all the girls in the world it's just so much harder to imagine before they are in your arms. Big hugs though as I've been where you are now and I totally understand xx

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
July 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks ladies!! Really appreciate the support.
The face is at the bottom and bum up in the air on right side.
With all my other boys it was a potty shot with a third leg:) This one I just can't seem to feel confident in the gender prediction. Maybe it is because I am so yearning for my last baby to be a girl. I just need to stop obsessing and move on. Thanks for all your understanding and support. So nice to know I am not alone.

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
July 31st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Anyone see boy?

Am3a
July 31st, 2013, 09:41 AM
I really can't! I see 3 lines!?! There's something above that - is that what they say is the penis?

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
July 31st, 2013, 09:49 AM
They didn't say. I had asked them to write it down for me as my husband couldn't be there and I wanted to share that moment with him. I just got this picture and it said it's a boy.

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
August 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Anyone??? Is this a boy at 19 weeks? Not sure as a different shot from my other 3 boys(potty shots and very obviously). Just want to start getting the nursery ready and don't feel confident... Thanks!!

Cat+9lives
August 6th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I can't tell what's what - can you get a 3D scan?

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
August 6th, 2013, 02:24 PM
The head is in bottom left corner with spine curing up along right side of picture and bum in the air. I think the protrusion in top middle is penis, but looks nothing like my others.

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
August 7th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Please, anyone?

BeadinMom
August 7th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I wish I could help, but I'm rubbish at these things. So sorry.

But I am thinking of you & hope you have answers soon!! XO

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
August 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM
BeadinMom, you are so sweet! Thank you!
I don't think I will get answers until birth:( I was hoping someone would be able to see scrotum or something.

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
August 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Shameful bump:)

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
August 26th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Bump! Anyone see boy bits?

Am3a
August 29th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Just had another look... No wonder you're in 2 minds! I see girl bits!! :-/

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
August 30th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks Am3a! I don't know what I am seeing:) I guess I have to trust the tech, but can't help but question.

Thorz300
August 30th, 2013, 02:48 PM
You should try asking turtle on the baby center ultrasound forum she is a tech and very good at responding and helping you understand. I see what they are calling a penis too, but I think at 19 weeks most of us nontechs need or rely on a good potty shot.

Rainbow baby
August 31st, 2013, 09:19 AM
I am no professional but I can see that your little one looks like a boy..Must be fun to be able to bend that way lol... I wish I could draw on it but I don't have the software.

Rainbow baby
August 31st, 2013, 09:35 AM
His little bottom is poking in the air on the right hand side along side his head if that make sense and his little boy bump is just above the little pee pee sticking out, its a view from the side!! I hope that helps!! 4 boys would be awesome, he looks like a healthy little chap and thats all that matters. You don't realise right now that you need him but you will when he gets here.

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
September 1st, 2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks all. Can't wait for my bundle of joy to get here. I think I see boy too now.

lovemy4
September 4th, 2013, 01:12 PM
All boy. Congrats!

bexteamyellow
October 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM
that's a very funny shot I wouldn't be too sure about boy. That could well be the cord but don't take my word for it it's just looking at where the bum is it seems like a very odd position to be a winky. I would get a second opinion, do you have any other pics? I'm pregnant with my third (I have 2 boys already) I find myself clinging onto every little hope, every symptom etc praying for a little girl, so I know how you feel. I'm waiting until the big day to find out though I feel like if I am having a boy and hes just put straight into my arms I won't even have time to be disappointed :)

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
October 21st, 2013, 06:03 PM
bexteam yellow,
I know what you mean by clinging on to every little hope. I think I did that for quite sometime after hearing 3 was a boy and hearing 4 is a boy. I have finally come to terms with raising 4 boys, although, I do get a little sad every now and then. I think it would be heard to be disappointed when given your little baby to hold...kind of wish I would have waited like you. I hope you get that pink bundle.