PDA

View Full Version : fertility friend

gizmo77
May 11th, 2011, 10:56 AM
for those who use FF, have you found their estimated O dates to be inaccurate? i know its based only on what YOU input, but wondering if you know for sure that they have been wrong (even tho you inputted accurately).

also for those who use FF in celcius, does FF predict the shift in temp (to indicate you have O'd) if you are ABOVE 36 degress C? bc i have mostly temps in mid-to high 35 degrees (i.e. 35.3, 35.8, etc) and altho *ill* see a temp shift itll be like 35.23 and then 35.89 but they dont show O unless its above 36 degrees (i.e. 35.67 then 36.2) is that the same for you guys?

here is my chart. i understand last months te,p shift but not this months. iu know its also based on CM but i have lots of EWCM so its hard to tell. see thi smonth *i* think i O'd 2 days later (CD19) than what FF says bc of the shrper rise in temp and other signs (cm)

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/343a65/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

My Ovulation Chart (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/343a65/)

TIA!

rainbowflower
May 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM
the temperature shift is based on the latest THREE temperatures being higher than the previous 6 temperatures - it is not based on it being over a specific temperature as your baseline (or coverline) can vary each cycle meaning you might have temperatures on average slightly higher/lower in different cycles

the white spot on your chart indicates that the temperature might be inaccurate which could affect the ovulation prediction - this might mean you took it earlier/later than normal, or were poorly... even 10 mins different can affect the temperature by quite a bit

in your case, the ovulation day might change a bit if you have another very high temperature as your next temperature input, and you might have ovulated on CD19 instead of CD17. Usually you ovulate on the last day of EWCM so this would make sense there.

I've found it's ovulation prediction to be fairly accurate, although my chart for my son told me I ovulated on CD21, and the dating scan brought my dates forwards a day so I either ovulated on CD20 or conceived the moment the egg popped out ;)
then again, scans themselves are not the most accurate either.

It would be unusual for FF to be out by more than a couple of days.

Sorry that's a rather lengthy reply!

gizmo77
May 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM
thx! not lengthy at all! the strange thing about MY body is that i seem to cont to have bits of EWCM even after i O. prob left over estrogen. i feel lik emy body shoots out hormines in spurts which is why ihave those wild ups and down temps.

on my particular chart tho i feel like there were other days that had a 'dip' then 3 high temps...why would FF choose a certain one? esply if i have EWCM continuous. on my previous chart, FF seemed to think the sharper dip was an indication of O. well i guess i have to just keep going (which i plan to) and see if i can find any pattern. i guess it just bothers me that i wasnt able to predict accurately or the same as FF. and im also trying to see how FF chooses.

Roonarpia
May 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I used both TCOYF and FF to chart. The weird part is that they have different ways of determining O. TCOYF says it is the day OF temp rise and FF says it is the day AFTER. I think my TCOYF charts were more accurate.

Roonarpia
May 11th, 2011, 02:57 PM
oops double post

Flava
May 11th, 2011, 03:34 PM
FF makes me angry too and I think it was wrong for me before. But I believe for the opk 's and not FF.

TTC5
May 11th, 2011, 05:03 PM
What is tcyof?

gizmo77
May 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
thx everyone, maybe ill try tcoyf also= taking care of your fertility.
btw, FF moved my O date to 2 days later (when i had predicted)!

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 04:00 PM
the temperature shift is based on the latest THREE temperatures being higher than the previous 6 temperatures - it is not based on it being over a specific temperature as your baseline (or coverline) can vary each cycle meaning you might have temperatures on average slightly higher/lower in different cycles

the white spot on your chart indicates that the temperature might be inaccurate which could affect the ovulation prediction - this might mean you took it earlier/later than normal, or were poorly... even 10 mins different can affect the temperature by quite a bit

in your case, the ovulation day might change a bit if you have another very high temperature as your next temperature input, and you might have ovulated on CD19 instead of CD17. Usually you ovulate on the last day of EWCM so this would make sense there.

I've found it's ovulation prediction to be fairly accurate, although my chart for my son told me I ovulated on CD21, and the dating scan brought my dates forwards a day so I either ovulated on CD20 or conceived the moment the egg popped out ;)
then again, scans themselves are not the most accurate either.

It would be unusual for FF to be out by more than a couple of days.

Sorry that's a rather lengthy reply!

Brilliant thank you! :agree:

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I used both TCOYF and FF to chart. The weird part is that they have different ways of determining O. TCOYF says it is the day OF temp rise and FF says it is the day AFTER. I think my TCOYF charts were more accurate.

I agree with you there because everything I have read in TCYOF says at the point the temp rises, the egg is already dead because the corpus luteum starts to produce progesterone and that's what makes your temp go up. That is also what Tamara said a couple times.

gizmo77
May 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I agree with you there because everything I have read in TCYOF says at the point the temp rises, the egg is already dead because the corpus luteum starts to produce progesterone and that's what makes your temp go up. That is also what Tamara said a couple times.

so which is it? day of temp rise or day after? FF says that O day is the day BEFORE temp rise right?
bottom line, no one knows exactly what time you O, or temp rises, so its accuracy can only be within 12-24hrs. but IS the egg dead when progesterone is pumping?

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I don't believe it could POSSIBLY be the day after the temp rise. No way, no how - but I am not a doctor and just going off of what I read in TCYOF and what I learned from IG - I know Tamara always told people that once your temp rose it was too late for O+12 because the egg was dead then.

What I have read has all said the same thing, it's the day of the temp DIP that is ovulation and the day of the temp rise it's usually too late, the egg is dead. So if that is at all true (and I have no reason to doubt that after looking at a lot of people's charts) then there is just no way that it can be the day after the temp rise.

The corpus luteum only begins to form AFTER the egg is released and the egg only lives, at maximum 24 hours (and usually less) so it stands to reason that by the time the CL has started producing enough prog to affect your temps, the egg is prob. dead by then.