PDA

View Full Version : Devastated please help

Kerrin2b
July 31st, 2013, 05:56 AM
i was told yesterday at my 16week scan i am 100% having a boy, i am beside myself with sadness, i have this empty feeling inside that wont go away, im so so upset, i dont know what to do or where to turn to next, hubby is being great but he doesnt fully understand how im feeling, i feel like i am going mad i dont know what to do

EmmyRoo
July 31st, 2013, 06:27 AM
Oh Kerrin2b I feel for you so much! Last week I had my 12 week scan and was told its definitely a boy, early I know but I saw it too and there is no doubt. It's absolutely devastating, and so so hard to accept. I don't have a clue how to even start getting over this, so I am useless for offering you any advice, I just wanted you to know that you are definitely not alone in feeling like this.

Did you sway? Is this your last baby? I don't know if you maybe have another chance in the future?

I hope that somehow, it is possible to get past this desire for a girl. In the meantime, there are loads of ladies on this site who have been through the same as you or are going through it right now, we can all support each other.

I hope this helps and you start to feel better soon. X

MAMAOF3BOYSAND1ONWAY
July 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Kerrin2b,

I just found out pregnant with #4 boy and last baby. I am so sad and almost unable to accept that it is a boy. No one understands the GD(my husband is so non-sympathetic:() It manifests itself differently in all of us and we have a right to feel those feelings. Someone wrote on another forum that they maybe we are chosen to raise boys because of how good a job we are doing - that we are given another to provide the world with positive and respectable gentlemen! I know it's tough, trust me. Hugs xx

EmmyRoo
July 31st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Hi ladies, just to say I was told today about a pink dreamers opposites thread, it's in the dec/jan/feb due date group forum and is a place where we can help each other look for the positives in our all boy families and support each other through the sadness. I think you'd both be at the right stage of pregnancy to join that group? Hope to see you there if/when you're up to it.
X

Dreamofpink
July 31st, 2013, 06:07 PM
Kerrin2b, I'm so sorry that you're going through this too. Please feel free to join us on this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-dec-2013-jan-february-2014/32151-dreaming-pink-opposites-due-winter-2013-14-a.html where we can celebrate our little blue bundles and come to terms with having to say goodbye to the dream of a pink one. x x

Kerrin2b
August 1st, 2013, 05:05 AM
Thanks so much ladies its good to know I am not alone, this is baby number 6 for us so its definatly our last which makes it worse there is no way i can have any more, im feeling very guilty aswell as when i was told at scan it was a boy for a few minutes i thought of having an abortion how awful am i, im going to go join that thread thanks for the recomendation :-(

never-say-never
August 1st, 2013, 11:38 PM
I'm so sorry you did'nt hear "it's a girl"
Just wanted to let you know I've been where you are and know the pain and sadness you are feeling.
My third son is now the light of my life and I can't believe I ever felt so sad he wasn't a girl .
Give yourself time , I promise things will get better . X

Beckey
August 2nd, 2013, 12:28 AM
Your feelings are your feelings, society makes us feel bad for having them, but at the end of the day we are entitled to feeling however we do & we need to be true to ourselves & allow ourselves to feel as we do-its all part of a grieving & healing process to admit our feelings. You are not terrible at all, I've had similar thoughts, but know I could never do it... I've sometimes wished the world would help me & perhaps I'd miscarry-I feel discusging to say it & know in truth if that we're to happen I would not be happy then either-quit the opposite. As woman I think we dream of that little princess to share our similar interests, your not alone. I don't enjoy playing trains & cars & often feeling a crap mum & wonder why life has done this to me... I hope you can find a way of coping & feel much better soon. On a lighter note iv decided that with all the girl techniques etc, that woman who have boys have a better sex life!! Just my little joke to help cope. Good luck with everything.