PDA

View Full Version : Baby names for my number 5

Lilac♥
December 30th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I'm still wanting to do a L name if it is a girl, but the only L name I really like is Lucia. I haven't asked my husband yet because I'm afraid he'll say no. I wanted to use Lucia when we had Lily and he said he didn't like it because it sounded hispanic. At the time our girls were Celeste and Adrienne, when I told someone online I liked Lucia and what my other girls' names were, they actually asked if I was hispanic. But now we have a Lily and Isabelle. And for me Lucia just reminds me of part of my Swedish heritage...St. Lucia Day. I didn't even know it had latin roots. And with Lucia I want to use the middle name Claire which is the name my husband vetoed for our last baby, he said it sounds like an old guys name. I think Lucia Claire sounds really cute and goes along nicely with our other girls names. And my husband can just call her Lucy or Lu Lu or another nickname. Should I push to use this name that I love or try to find another L name?

If we do end up with a boy I don't even know where to start. Right now my favorite name is Gavin, which my husband already told me he doesn't like. Am I subconsciously liking names my husband doesn't like on purpose without knowing it? I also like Owen and Vincent, but I've liked them for so long they are kind of getting old. I thought Quentin was cute because it means 5th, but once again my husband says he doesn't like it and he has a cousin that used it for her son. I think Keegan is cute, I can't remember what my husband said about that, but I know he said he doesn't like Nolan which I like. Maybe he is just being difficult? When I ask him what names he likes he says he doesn't want to think about names this early, he usually won't even discuss it with me until the last few months. My husband picked the first two girls' names and agreed to the next two from names on my list (which weren't my first choices), so should I be able to choose anything I like this time? Or should I wait until the end and consult him?

Lilac♥
December 30th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Just trying to see if my signature shows up now. And I want to know what this :Embryo: is.

Lilac♥
December 30th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Guess I need one more post for the signature to work.

nuthinbutpink
December 30th, 2010, 01:52 PM
That is a test tube with an embryo! LOL!

Lillylolly
December 30th, 2010, 03:04 PM
What about Lydia? I have always thought that it was a beautiful name.

Chloe
December 30th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Wow, didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats!! Finding gender out or waiting?

Lilac♥
December 30th, 2010, 04:25 PM
What about Lydia? I have always thought that it was a beautiful name.
I love Lydia. But my infertile SIL claimed it and I don't know how to ask her if she's ever going to adopt, or if I can use it.

Lillylolly
December 30th, 2010, 04:29 PM
What about Laura? Louise? Lacey? All pretty names.

Lillylolly
December 30th, 2010, 04:29 PM
But hey, you may need a boys name so you should be thinking about that too :)

Lilac♥
December 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Wow, didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats!! Finding gender out or waiting?

Well I haven't really been around for anyone to know until now. Thanks! I still haven't decided whether I will find out or not. At the beginning I was leaning towards waiting, now after obsessing over the nub picture I might be finding out. We could choose to find out around my husband's birthday or Valentine's day since I'll be around 18-20 weeks then. I just don't know what to do.

LittleLadyBug4Me
December 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM
In my country we spell it Lucie, it does not sound hispanic at all. Pretty common name. Maybe just different spelling would help your husband agree? We also have Lucianna, but not really common.

Lillylolly
December 30th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Have you thought about boys names? I would love to hear them!

LittleLadyBug4Me
December 30th, 2010, 04:32 PM
What about Laura? Louise? Lacey? All pretty names.

I love Laura and Luisa!

Lilac♥
December 30th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Have you thought about boys names? I would love to hear them! There are boy names at the bottom of my first post.

Lilac♥
December 30th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I guess I'm being a little bit picky. But since 3 of my girls' names end with -e I'm avoiding those, I'm hoping to find something ending with a -y or -a. And our last name is so long I'm hoping for only 2 or 3 syllables.

Lilac♥
December 30th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I love Laura and Luisa!
Can't use Laura and I don't really like Louise but I think Louisa or Luisa is cute. Not sure how I feel about Lacey.

LittleLadyBug4Me
December 30th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I don't like Louise either, but love Luisa - it was my name for my last boy - taken by my husband's cousin 3 months later so I cannot use it anymore...what about Laila? I knew one norwegian woman with this beautiful name, so close to your heritage...

LittleLadyBug4Me
December 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Btw Gavin is really cute!

Lilac♥
December 31st, 2010, 12:38 PM
What do you ladies think of the girl name Lovisa instead of Louisa? I think it's pronounced the same just with the V sound in front of the -isa.

atomic sagebrush
December 31st, 2010, 02:07 PM
I really like Lucia a lot.

Maybe I told you this already, but my husband is always super difficult with names too. Almost as if he deliberately dislikes every name I suggest, maybe it's some kind of power struggle or something??? By the time Boy #4 rolled around, he had disregarded every name I even remotely liked.

With my last boy, I just told him, I'm not picking out a name, you are. I didn't say another word about it. And the crazy thing was, he hemmed and hawed but finally picked out a name I had suggested with all three of my other boys and he had immediately rejected it. He was like, "Huh...didn't we like this name at some point?" He had no memory of ever rejecting it!!! So in the end, I got a name that I LOVE with no stress or hard feelings between us.

Lilac♥
January 4th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Okay this is my list for right now-
Boys first names: Gavin, Keegan, Owen, Warren, Stanley, Vincent
Boys middle names: Robert, Thomas, William, James, Dustin, Quentin

Girls first names: Lauren, Lovisa, Laney, Lucia, Lorelei
Girls middle names: Jayne, Claire, Ruby, Glory, Ava, Mae

Missyslair
January 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Hey, I didn't know you were pg either! Due a month after me! Yay!
And for L names... of course I love Luella!! And Lachlan for a boy! But it doesn't look like you are going with L for boys?

Lilac♥
January 6th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Hey, I didn't know you were pg either! Due a month after me! Yay!
And for L names... of course I love Luella!! And Lachlan for a boy! But it doesn't look like you are going with L for boys?

Well the reason for the L name is so the first initials of all the girls from youngest to oldest spells LILAC. If I have a boy there's a 75% chance of me going for a 2nd boy. But if it's a 5th girl I'm done. So yeah I haven't come up with anything I really like that I could spell if we have two more. The best I could come up with is CALICO, but it doesn't really mean anything to me. And I don't love any C boy names. So I don't know. I like Luella, but since our last is Isabelle I think the -ell part is too similar sounding.

Lillylolly
January 7th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I love the names William & James from your list.

xnicolax
January 7th, 2011, 08:45 AM
For your girls name I raelly Like Lucia Mae, Lauren is my second choice.

For your Boys name Vincent is No1, LOVE IT! I actually named DS3 that for a few days and I loved it but someone laughed at it and I was all hormonal so I changed it, it is still his middle name though and I regretted not sticking with it for a long time but now he's a Toby.

Anyway...Vincent James first, my second boys choice is either Stanley or Owen!

BoyDreaming
February 7th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Lakelyn for a girl? It's one I always really liked, but it just never seemed to work for any of our girls.

Jojogirl
February 23rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
I must have missed a post. I see in your siggie that #5 is a girl? Congrats! Did you settle on a name!

Lilac♥
February 26th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I must have missed a post. I see in your siggie that #5 is a girl? Congrats! Did you settle on a name!

Yes, it is a girl, we found out on Valentine's Day and confirmed it with a private scan a few days later. Have absolutely no idea what her name will be. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to go with the L theme or drop that and find something else. I haven't found anything that I absolutely love yet. Told my DH he gets to name her, but he hasn't even tried to come up with anything yet. I still have a while to go though. Hopefully one of us will come up with something by the birth.

fivebabies
April 8th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Lucia is Italian isn't it? I love it!

What about Lola or Lyla? :)

Isla
April 12th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I like Lila.

purplepoet20
April 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Not to throw anymore names in the mix I know someone named Lelola (Lee-lo-la)!!!